England in India 2021

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Excellent defeating England in both of the series having lost seven of the eight tosses in LOI.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I think we all deserved that match for sticking with this series. Two top teams so bizarre it took that long for a tight game.

mav_9me

Shame... England did well to take it so close though.

Curran is going to be a great cricketer.
I have only seen him this T20 and ODI series. I feel he has been grossly underutilized both with the ball and bat.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I also think we win that if they had a clear plan on running the singles.

But then again if India could catch we would have lost by 100 runs.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Curran in a few years with a bit more muscle is going to be so good. He messed up in the Pandya over really but incredible innings nonetheless

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I am so happy that I don't have to see more of Nitin Menon & Anil chaudhary. Thankfully the world cup will have neutral umpires

JohnnyKills

I love Murali Karthik but what's he going on about here? 'i hope everyone has their wits about them'....?

KM

I think in this line up when we replace Krunal with Jadeja and Prasidh with Bumrah it's gonna look quite good. Need to find another spinner though. I'd give Ravi Bishnoi a go or else go back to Ashwin, rest of the team looks good.

zing

Zingle balls
I think in this line up when we replace Krunal with Jadeja and Prasidh with Bumrah it's gonna look quite good. Need to find another spinner though. I'd give Ravi Bishnoi a go or else go back to Ashwin, rest of the team looks good.
Agreed. Drop dhawan and move Rahul up top, and give chances to Gill/Shaw/Surya alongside Rahul.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
People keep saying that bowlers are just being hit around in limited overs cricket but in reality India outbowled England in both t20 & Odi's and that is what got them the win . Good bowlers like Bhuvi are so useful amongst the madness

MichaelKorleone

Excellent defeating England in both of the series having lost seven of the eight tosses in LOI.
Wonder how many matches Kohli has won in limited overs after losing tosses. He has a good record for that in tests - just one loss (Adelaide 36 all out) after winning toss. Results from foreign tours (Eng, SA, NZ) would probably look a bit better if he'd won some tosses maybe?

I am so happy that I don't have to see more of Nitin Menon & Anil chaudhary. Thankfully the world cup will have neutral umpires
Was he that bad? Don't remember seeing any of his decisions getting overturned in limited overs leg. The test series apparently had 2nd highest % of success for umpires in last 4-5 years.

Excellent tactical stuff, and Bhuvi has been the pick of the bowlers from either team.
Whoever decided to keep a short third man for Rashid also deserves some praise (an excellent catch by Kohli too). He would not have played that shot in front of his body if he wasn't already denied an easy run to third man a little earlier.

India need to improve their fielding and spin bowling with wet ball. Dropped 4 easy catches which is unusual in recent times, although how much of that is to do with dew I have no idea. Wanted to see how England would fare batting in the afternoon but it wasn't to be. Bhuvi best bowler and Bairstow best batsman in limited overs leg. Pant probably the best player overall during this tour.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Wonder how many matches Kohli has won in limited overs after losing tosses. He has a good record for that in tests - just one loss (Adelaide 36 all out) after winning toss. Results from foreign tours (Eng, SA, NZ) would probably look a bit better if he'd won some tosses maybe?

Was he that bad? Don't remember seeing any of his decisions getting overturned in limited overs leg. The test series apparently had 2nd highest % of success for umpires in last 4-5 years.

Whoever decided to keep a short third man for Rashid also deserves some praise (an excellent catch by Kohli too). He would not have played that shot in front of his body if he wasn't already denied an easy run to third man a little earlier.

India need to improve their fielding and spin bowling with wet ball. Dropped 4 easy catches which is unusual in recent times, although how much of that is to do with dew I have no idea. Wanted to see how England would fare batting in the afternoon but it wasn't to be. Bhuvi best bowler and Bairstow best batsman in limited overs leg. Pant probably the best player overall during this tour.

He was actually the best of the Indian umpires and that is why he is on the ICC elite panel . I probably was harsh on him but I got a bit sick of him because he did evryu single game

TheReligion

Abusive
Interesting tour although disappointing results for England. That said the awful test pitches and rotation policy didn't help. Think England and India are the two best limited over sides and it's quite hard to pick between them.

SinNombre

Agreed. Drop dhawan and move Rahul up top, and give chances to Gill/Shaw/Surya alongside Rahul.
Need an attacking opener and play with a left/right combo up front. Shaw for Dhawan would be the pick.

SinNombre

Nitin Menon has been a fantastic umpire and one of the best in the world currently, despite some idiotic commentary about it.

AshRK

India for all the criticism here played a wonderful cricket. I enjoyed the series between two quality side.

KM

So lovely to see Pant and Pandya bat together twice in a row.

kiristao

Nitin Menon has been a fantastic umpire and one of the best in the world currently, despite some idiotic commentary about it.
Don't know about best in the world but he was very good this whole English Tour.
Very rarely were his decisions turned over. If the other 2 had been better, umpiring would not have even been a topic of discussion.

kiristao

It is so surprising that both English spinners looked so much better than our spinners. Kuldeep was an absolute disaster in the ODI and Chahal wasn't great in the T20's either.
Bumrah was definitely missed. Luckily Bhuvi did well or we would have lost both the series.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Indian fans in here - do you see yourselves as favourites for the test series in England this summer?

Personally I expect England to win with the Jimmy, Broad, Woakes, Archer as the pace line up. But I could definetly understand Indian supporters feeling very bullish after this last year.

AshRK

Don't know if it happened in the oast tours but observed Kohli taking a lot of suggestions from Rohit to the point rohit sometimes even takes upon himself to set field. This is a good step and glad Kohli allows this to happen. Rohit is a fine captain so we must take advantage of it.

AshRK

Indian fans in here - do you see yourselves as favourites for the test series in England this summer?

Personally I expect England to win with the Jimmy, Broad, Woakes, Archer as the pace line up. But I could definetly understand Indian supporters feeling very bullish after this last year.
It will be a close series and a lot will depend on Indian batsmen. If our batsmen have a solid series then we have a good chance. I am confident with India's bowling, it's the batting that worries me big time.

England will start favorites but India will give much better fight irrespective of the pitch than what england did when touring India.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Really enjoyed listening to Dinesh Karthik on Sky Sports. Fantastic insight about the dressing room, players mindsets and how they deal with fame, and criticism. He's also contracted by Sky for the summer series.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Really enjoyed listening to Dinesh Karthik on Sky Sports. Fantastic insight about the dressing room, players mindsets and how they deal with fame, and criticism. He's also contracted by Sky for the summer series.
Not surprised by that at all, he was a big hit.

Hopefully restrictions are relaxed and he can join them in the studio. Sky's Cricket coverage continues to be excellent even if I did enjoy the terrestrial coverage of the test series.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

Not in the slightest. England have thumped us in 2011, 2014, and 2018. England are overwhelmingly favourites for the upcoming series. That said, I expect a huge fight from us. We're no longer afraid of foreign conditions as we were in the past.