England in India 2021

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Great news, now they just need to avoid having that tosspot Vaughan anywhere near it.
We are just picking up the Indian broadcaster comms team + having Cook& Strauss in the studio for intervals.

NinjaFletch

Has it been decided which channel this will be on in the UK?
Yep, announced today. Whole tour is on C4. First test cricket on FTA TV since 2005.

Edit: whoops, just beaten to it by an hour or so... ha

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Channel 4 announced today - great news.
Excellent!

Wonder why Sky didn’t get it?! PL aside, they barely have anything that justifies their prices these days.

NinjaFletch

Excellent!

Wonder why Sky didn’t get it?! PL aside, they barely have anything that justifies their prices these days.
Sky have been pretty reluctant to pick up away tours at odd times (bear in mind that these matches start at 4am apart from the day night game) for years now.

I suspect that don't think there's much demand for them and because they have established a hegemonic position with the rights to the English summer they can afford to avoid the risks others feel they need to take to establish a niche.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Sky have been pretty reluctant to pick up away tours at odd times (bear in mind that these matches start at 4am apart from the day night game) for years now.

I suspect that don't think there's much demand for them and because they have established a hegemonic position with the rights to the English summer they can afford to avoid the risks others feel they need to take to establish a niche.
In a nutshell.

Can't see them taking on BT for the Ashes tour next winter either.

zing

Zingle balls
Thanks, that's good news.
You will be asking for Vaughan and Pietersen after you're done hearing Indian comms.

English comms are just way better than the Indian ones for the most part.

AshRK

Michael Vaughan when not on his trolling or arrogant mode is a great analyst. Love his post match analysis during IPL.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Michael Vaughan when not on his trolling or arrogant mode is a great analyst. Love his post match analysis during IPL.
Completely agree. Easily one of the best analysts out there. Shows why he was such a good captain, so good at reading the game.

TheGame

Not sure how England with line up, expect to see Moeen for Bess I think to strengthen the batting. Probably

Burns
Sibley
Moeen
Root
Stokes
Lawrence
Buttler
Broad
Archer
Leach
Anderson

No 3 is a tricky position, would have liked Bairstow to stay. Be surprised if they move Lawrence up.

AshRK

The problem is his comments which change with the wind, he tries to be that controversial figure but ends up looking like a pratt.
That's why I said when he is not in his trolling mode. Just find his analysis much better.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Haha, wait till you hear the Indian pundits. You'll yearn for Vaughan.
What's so bad about them?

Absolutely no idea how we will line up. Number 3 the big issue, and the second spinner.
Broad and Jimmy or just the one?

NinjaFletch

Absolutely no idea how we will line up. Number 3 the big issue, and the second spinner.
Just one you'd imagine.

Burns
Sibley
Lawrence (?)
Root
Stokes
Pope
Buttler
Bess
Leach
Archer
Broad

Maybe? Could move everyone up one from Root and play Mooen over Lawrence, or you could pick him over Bess I guess. There's talk of this pitch being a bit green, so maybe England could play Woakes, too, instead of Bess and rely on Mooen and Leach for spin.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

They're garbage. More interested in talking about their times rather than talking about present cricket.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Just one you'd imagine.

Burns
Sibley
Lawrence (?)
Root
Stokes
Pope
Buttler
Bess
Leach
Archer
Broad

Maybe? Could move everyone up one from Root and play Mooen over Lawrence, or you could pick him over Bess I guess. There's talk of this pitch being a bit green, so maybe England could play Woakes, too, instead of Bess and rely on Mooen and Leach for spin.
Do we know if Stokes will bowl? If he can the above team works, without him that looks a bowler light. We don't want Archer bowling 30 overs an innings.

Huge chance for Lawrence I'm not sure he has hugely earned, but good luck to him.

Woakes record outside of England is pretty painful, not sure I can bare watching him on a flat pitch out there.

AshRK

I am very much looking forward to see Ashwin v. Stokes battle. Could be an amazing battle.

NinjaFletch

Do we know if Stokes will bowl? If he can the above team works, without him that looks a bowler light. We don't want Archer bowling 30 overs an innings.

Huge chance for Lawrence I'm not sure he has hugely earned, but good luck to him.

Woakes record outside of England is pretty painful, not sure I can bare watching him on a flat pitch out there.
Yeah, him being able to play as an all-rounder is key. I don't think there are any injury concerns are there, just match fitness?

You're right about Woakes though. Is Stone still with the squad? He was apparently bowling very will in the nets in Sri Lanka so it might be an idea to give him a go.

TheGame

Yeah, him being able to play as an all-rounder is key. I don't think there are any injury concerns are there, just match fitness?

You're right about Woakes though. Is Stone still with the squad? He was apparently bowling very will in the nets in Sri Lanka so it might be an idea to give him a go.
Stone is there but can't see him playing the first game maybe later in the series. The batting has to go deep so if England were very cautious they could employ Stokes as 3rd seamer and employ 4 other bowlers but can't see that happening as not sure how his bowling fitness is. Will be interesting who goes in at 3.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Is the series being shown in the US? Some web pages say Willow but when I check Willow schedule it is not on there. I don't see it on ESPN+ or Disney+ either. Can somebody please give me an update? Thanks.

Last edited:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Off to bed. See you at 5am. Back to sleep if India win the toss...

zing

Zingle balls
England done well. Hope we get a result here - always felt that results in Chepauk were due to unforced errors in otherwise drab matches. One of the worse pitches in India.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Burns decides to throw it away.