England in India 2021

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Stokes looks done. This looks like a shocker of a team selection by England. Pant has saved the match for India. 50 plus lead would be valuable here.
We broke Bess then chucked him back in.

Felt like a knock like this had been coming in this series from Pant.

kiristao

England take the 2nd new ball and the first ball from Anderson Pant stepped down and hit him for a 4 over his head. The boy is crazy :lol:

AshRK

We broke Bess then chucked him back in.

Felt like a knock like this had been coming in this series from Pant.
Dropping bess after the first test was a wierd one. It's like england have read every pitch after the first test incorrectly. This match's team selection is baffling irrespective of the pitch.

JohnnyKills

Team selection costing England here. Although if your second sinner isn't doing it in India, you're going to struggle no matter what side you pick.

JohnnyKills

Dropping bess after the first test was a wierd one. It's like england have read every pitch after the first test incorrectly. This match's team selection is baffling irrespective of the pitch.
Agree. First red flag for the Silverwood regime. Management has been poor since first test.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
From cricinfo:

Anderson to Pant, FOUR runs
Reverse lap over the slips! That, right there, is the reason Anderson doesn't play white-ball cricket any more! That's a preposterous indignity! Pant only got a tickle on the ball, but it flew! Jimmy is... non-plussed

What does this even mean?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Great ton.

England hinted at competing in this test, but the innings defeat is back on now.

zing

Zingle balls
Who was the last wicket keeper batsman to be so impactful?

AshRK

Agree. First red flag for the Silverwood regime. Management has been poor since first test.
Yes gross mismanagement. I am all for rotating players but it should and could have been done in a smarter way. This looks poor on the management. I would have been extremely frustrated if India did this.

Jeez pant gone. Another wicket gifted away.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Legit thought England could win this at 80-4. A very dominant position.
Pant will grab the headlines and rightly so, but needs to be some questions asked on team selection.

Going to be a very strange tour to analyse from an English perspective.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Pant will grab the headlines and rightly so, but needs to be some questions asked on team selection.

Going to be a very strange tour to analyse from an English perspective.
I said this yesterday only. It was a stupid team selection from England.

AshRK

I said this yesterday only. It was a stupid team selection from England.
The fact that root and stokes are used as primary bowlers tells you all. Don't know what was the thought process.

KM

Sundar looks such a promising batsman.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Some of the Indian top order would have had serious question marks on their place if the lower order wasn't bailing them out so much

AshRK

Some of the Indian top order would have had serious question marks on their place if the lower order wasn't bailing them out so much
They still should be questioned. Kohli rahane pujara have had an awful tournament with the bat. Gill can be excused as he is still learning his trade.

zing

Zingle balls
Rahane only. You don’t drop Kohli due to poor form. Pujara has had a poor series, but he did fine in Australia.

Renember lots of people here saying only Kohli makes runs and middle order sucks 18 months ago. It’s the nature of the beast, you don’t keep chopping based on every series.

zing

Zingle balls
I feel for Bess. He’s bowling himself out of England contention here for a long time.

zing

Zingle balls
Re commthe Chennai first innings was the anomaly. I thought he bowled decently in the summer initially when he started vs WI I think it was but his level seemed to get poorer indicating this was always going to happen versus a side that plays spin. Sri Lanka he bowled average.

He has been this bowler for 12 months. He has definitely regressed in those 12 months though and looks no better than his debut a few years back.

simply a wrong selection.

JohnnyKills

I feel for Bess. He’s bowling himself out of England contention here for a long time.
Nah, he's seen as a long-term prospect and they'll continue to back him. You do worry for his confidence though.

Root seems to have done a good job as captain overall, but it does seem that all our spinners have struggled under him.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Who exactly? Most have been fine though inconsistent.
Pujara ,Kohli and Rahane have all been below par . A lot of the times though when the team is winning you tend to get away with it. They are still good batsmen but India has no dearth of batting talent and if the team was losing it wouldn't be such smooth sailing

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Another issue for Bess is he is now at Yorkshire.

You know that notorious ground for spinners - Headingley.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Pujara ,Kohli and Rahane have all been below par . A lot of the times though when the team is winning you tend to get away with it. They are still good batsmen but India has no dearth of batting talent and if the team was losing it wouldn't be such smooth sailing
I said it before but we're in the day and age of bowlers. Batting isn't anywhere near as easy as it was previously. These are Indias best and, for now, they're not going anywhere.

KM

The Pant innings was ridiculous really. Him and Rizwan are easily test of the best wicket keeper batsman around.