England in India 2021

JohnnyKills

Might go for a couple of overs Archer here to try and blast Ashwin out. Remember he had him in trouble in the first test. Not sure who I'd take off though!

MDFC Manager

Disappointed with the stadium being called after Modi. Nothing political, I just think it's just a waste of an opportunity to make serious money over many years. A sponsor would have paid some serious money. This could have been then used for grass root cricket or other good causes.
Eh, one bowling end is bought by Adani, the other by Ambani.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Might go for a couple of overs Archer here to try and blast Ashwin out. Remember he had him in trouble in the first test. Not sure who I'd take off though!
Do you risk the runs that could leak here? A couple of extra boundaries will be the difference if England can get these out soon.

JohnnyKills

Do you risk the runs that could leak here? A couple of extra boundaries will be the difference if England can get these out soon.
I'd just give him a couple of overs and tell him to bowl as fast as he can.

EDIT: And Ashwin is out!!! haha what a brilliant captain I'd be.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
This match is going to be done in 2 days, someone needs to be looked at for this pitch.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
This match is going to be done in 2 days, someone needs to be looked at for this pitch.
But is it really doing that much? It's a spinners pitch but I've seen better batting on worse pitches than this. Think this one's more down to both sides having absolute brain farts to be honest.

AshRK

Wow just woke up and see India have totally collapsed. India will struggle to chase anything over 150.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I’ve not managed to see any yet but feels like Root should use himself more often, or maybe the element of the unknown helps him take wickets. Either way he does a good job for a part timer

slyadams

Ben Foakes is so sharp behind the stumps
I've never understood the recent history where England have flipped between YJB and Buttler behind the stumps. Both are more explosive with the bat, but Foakes is a significantly better keeper and is also a grittier batsman.

YAMS49

That's a massive knick, these umpires clearly opened the wrong envelope this Morning. Can't wait until England bat.... The conspiracy theorists here will be in heaven.

JohnnyKills

Almost as good as Huw Jarden's 6 for 9 against Cockermouth last summer.

Can we consider Root an all-rounder now?

JohnnyKills

Is Root England's best spinner?
No, Leach is better and Bess is more threatening when it's not turning as much.

But when it's spinning like this he's a massive threat because of his accuracy. He's kind of like a right-handed Axar in the way he bowls.

Dan_F

Is Root England's best spinner?
I think a lot of people have thought he should bowl more often. Not saying I expected that performance though!

I’m just glad we’ve actually got a game to watch for the next day or two. Fully expected India to blast England around after those first couple of boundaries this morning.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
We’ve been given a massive second chance here so I can’t wait for another batting collapse

JohnnyKills

Right, need one of our attacking batsman (Bairstow or Stokes) to play a worldie here. Quickfire 50 would be absolutely vital.

JohnnyKills

England have to be more aggressive this time to stand any chance. If they just poke around they'll get out.

AshRK

England have to be more aggressive this time to stand any chance. If they just poke around they'll get out.
Yes, if something this pitch has shown is one play aggressive cricket. Rohit played right brand of cricket and got rewarded. Crawley also played some aggressive shots and the imtent was always there. Hanging around is not a solution.