England in India 2021

zing

Zingle balls
Amongst all this rotation gymnastics, I am surprised Jennings didn’t get a look in, the way Ed Smith goes about things.

NinjaFletch

Amongst all this rotation gymnastics, I am surprised Jennings didn’t get a look in, the way Ed Smith goes about things.
Yeah me, too, there was talk of him before the tour and his record in the subcontinent is good.

I think he's another sweeper though, so to think he'd have run into the same issues that others have.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think England would've done well to play the third test team here and this team in the third test match. Seems more compatible.

kiristao

That was very good umpiring
I agree. Its not very often that the batsmen is wrong about whether it was bat first or pad first. Pujara was super confident. Kudos to the umpire to have gotten it right and in fact had the previous one right as well.
Will be very interesting to see how many on field umpire decisions have been overturned in the series and how many "umpires calls" have gone against either teams.

KM

Our middle order of Pujara, Kohli and Rahane have been so fecking mediocre in this series.

zing

Zingle balls
England slightly ahead maybe?

Rohit will determine this match for us - as he has done all series.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Traditional swing in the 40th over makes this really interesting. Jimmy's spell after lunch is huge

NM

Our batting has been crap for a while now. Kohli has been out of it for a year.. Our bowling has kept us in it. It will be hilarious if the English draw the test series after all the whinging from their ex players and media

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
England firmly in control - our middle order has let us down once more. It's down to an opener and the lower middle to save us, again.

It has to be said that Kohli's form has been atrocious over the last year, bar one innings or two.

NM

England firmly in control - our middle order has let us down once more. It's down to an opener and the lower middle to save us, again.

It has to be said that Kohli's form has been atrocious over the last year, bar one innings or two.
Yup. Nobody wants to talk about the elephant in the room - Pujara and Rahane seem on the way down, and Kohli might be too..

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
India have such a long batting line up and the ball is getting softer with Rishabh to come in now so it's pretty well balanced . Can't see England seamers bowling more than a few overs so Bess has to contribute a bit

Skills

Snitch
Yup. Nobody wants to talk about the elephant in the room - Pujara and Rahane seem on the way down, and Kohli might be too..
Pujara can't score runs. He's a glorified nightwatchman batting at 3.

Rahanes just super inconsistent and Kohli hasn't looked the same player for the last year or so.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
No I did. Used to be a huge India fan till 2016

It's so funny that Indian fans get triggered by umpires getting criticised, they do not belong to the Indian team you know.
India now messing with DRS
Indian fans have spent all their energy in this thread attacking England fans and moaning about the moaning of England fans which is ironic really .
Indian fans are so weird , its almost like they are looking for some moaning to make themselves feel better about this . India being good doesn't seem to be enough
5 years. I guess integration into English culture and nationality must be a very smooth and enriching process for your allegiance to swing as wildly as an Anderson spell with a new ball on a green top at cloudy Lord's.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
5 years. I guess integration into English culture and nationality must be a very smooth and enriching process for your allegiance to swing as wildly as an Anderson spell with a new ball on a green top at cloudy Lord's.

Well it was helped by the fact that I fell out of love with the Indian team . Enough talk about me ...

KM

Pujara can't score runs. He's a glorified nightwatchman batting at 3.

Rahanes just super inconsistent and Kohli hasn't looked the same player for the last year or so.
Oh c'mon man!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
A young fiery Jimmy Anderson played in the 2003 world cup and he looks fitter in 2021 after 160 tests . What an insane job at looking after his body

Skills

Snitch
Oh c'mon man!
He doesn't score runs though - at least the version of him over the last 2 series doesn't. He blocks up an end and relies on the guys on the other end actually moving the scoreboard. He's a bit ridiculous to watch for a top order batsman.

KM

Anderson has bowled 15 out off 43 overs in this innings. I said it at the start that England got their selection wrong, although it hasn't bitten them quite yet.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
He doesn't score runs though - at least the version of him over the last 2 series doesn't. He blocks up an end and relies on the guys on the other end actually moving the scoreboard. He's a bit ridiculous to watch for a top order batsman.
Think with him the mindset is that you are bound to score runs the longer you stay at the wicket. Which is what happened in 2018 in the series against Australia and even this time round in Australia, when he got some starts but was not able to convert any of them into a big score. We have enough stroke makers in the side that we can have Pujara play the way he plays.

KM

I never understand why Captains don't bowl left armers to left handers whilst showing no such hesitancy to bowl off spinners to right handers.

KM

Ah well that's unlucky, two umpires call in LBW.

KM

We've really squandered the advantage.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Excellent bowling but our batting has been poor for sometime now.