England in India 2021

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
All of You seem to really like me so should follow me on twitter to get more such content . It's @Ayushxa . No I will not be supporting India again . Being from Delhi I have always supported Delhi in the IPL and I have been a huge Rishabh Pant fan from his u19 times.
I seem to have missed this - you are from Delhi but don't support India?

zing

Zingle balls
Looking forward to the summer tour of England. The depth of this Indian squad is scary and I feel irrespective of what pitch we have, india have players to do well. My concern is the batting, we would need rahane kohli pujara firing or we will struggle.
We'll get smashed if 3, 4 and 5 play like they have done in the recent past. If all 3 play close to their averages(and this is a big ask), we will win.

It will be a good series and it is such a shame it is far away in August.

England have a terrific team in home conditions - the best in many years if Anderson and Broad hold their form and fitness. Would be amazing to win in England. The one place where I felt we've had a sniff in 2014 and 2016, and got blown away both times.

Last edited:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
We'll get smashed if 3, 4 and 5 play like they have done in the recent past. If all 3 play close to their averages(and this is a big ask), we will win.

England have a terrific team in home conditions - the best in many years if Anderson and Broad hold their form and fitness. Would be amazing to win in England. The one place where I felt we've had a sniff in 2014 and 2016, and got blown away both times.

You are overrating England a bit imo , the batting is very dodgy even at home . The problem for India imo is going to be team balance if the top order doesn't fire . Hardik or Shardul will have to play

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

I've got tickets for three of the Tests. Just praying it all goes to plan and we have full houses.

India at home always my favourite series outside of the Ashes.

AshRK

I feel we are in a much better shape than we were in 2014 or 2018. We have a great squad depth. Rohit for the first time in his career looks like a part of a test team. Pant looks to have found that extra mojo and confidence. Ashwin looks rejuvenated and we have newbies like Sundar/axar/siraj who can be an asset to any side. I just hope the management shows patience to players like Gill and don't drop him. I would have him play all the 5 tests in England. He will come good definitely. I seriously hope pujara kohli rahane have a great series with the bat.

zing

Zingle balls
I feel we are in a much better shape than we were in 2014 or 2018. We have a great squad depth. Rohit for the first time in his career looks like a part of a test team. Pant looks to have found that extra mojo and confidence. Ashwin looks rejuvenated and we have newbies like Sundar/axar/siraj who can be an asset to any side. I just hope the management shows patience to players like Gill and don't drop him. I would have him play all the 5 tests in England. He will come good definitely. I seriously hope pujara kohli rahane have a great series with the bat.
Agree with all of that. If we win this one, the one-off final vs NZ will be good prep.

sport2793

Agree with all of that. If we win this one, the one-off final vs NZ will be good prep.
What would be your starting XI in England?

sport2793

Gill
Rohit
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Pant
Jadeja/sundar/pandya
Ashwin
Siraj/shami
Ishant
Bumrah
Do touring teams usually play only 3 seamers? I would play Pandya and then Jadeja instead of Ashwin personally.

AshRK

Do touring teams usually play only 3 seamers? I would play Pandya and then Jadeja instead of Ashwin personally.
I can't see the management dropping this version of ashwin. I feel he will be an asset and dropping him would be wrong. And 3 seamers are more than enough.

Balljy

I can't see the management dropping this version of ashwin. I feel he will be an asset and dropping him would be wrong. And 3 seamers are more than enough.
Depends on the ground I guess. That could be interesting at headingley where if the spinner has a role it's generally to support the fast bowlers.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I wonder whether India will give Prithvi Shaw another chance for the series in England. I know his recent from has been terrible but the talent is certainly there

Back to this game I can probably see India making another 30/40 runs and then we will end up being something daft like 3 wickets down before lunch. Today in my eyes has probably demoralising the team.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Dom Bess might be the worst spinner I've ever seen in international cricket.

Last edited:

NM

Either England are worn out from yesterday or the ball really isn't doing much so far today.

prateik

Part of it has to be the Indian batsman coming down the pitch for the spinners.

NM

Terrible run out, hope Sundar gets his 100 at least. We should have had an easy 200+ lead here.

KM

That's so sad, but what a talent he is.

KM

Unbelievable recovery from 160/6.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
England have embarrassed themselves with the bat in this series, every ball seems to be an event when England are batting

KM

Every ball Ollie Pope faced was an event.

JohnnyKills

Looks like today has gone pretty much as expected.

Oh well... White-ball stuff starts next week.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
England coaching staff has been shown up really badly in this tour . They have done nothing to help the team in succeeding. Rotation isn't the problem but team selections have been poor all the way through . Batsmen making the same mistakes again & again. Foakes has been one guy who has looked like he has some technique to defend against spin and he has constantly come in at 50/5 or 60/6 . Could have easily given him a chance up the order , you have to use your resources better when you are so bad

JohnnyKills

Tbf I was personally hoping that England would win one test and take the series deep, and we've done that. Just frustrating to see us go one up and then throw it away with team selection and some poor rotation calls.

Hopefully we can take this as a learning and look for ways to improve against spin. Sending A tours out to Asia more regularly and sending players to play club cricket/Ranji trophy might be options.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Tbf I was personally hoping that England would win one test and take the series deep, and we've done that. Just frustrating to see us go one up and then throw it away with team selection and some poor rotation calls.

Hopefully we can take this as a learning and look for ways to improve against spin. Sending A tours out to Asia more regularly and sending players to play club cricket/Ranji trophy might be options.
I didn't expect much tbh but it's been disappointing that not a single one of the batsmen has been able to adapt & show anything close to the skill required. India beat everyone anyway but there are very few positives to take for England which is the disappointing thing for me

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.

A-team tours are the answer.

paulscholes18

Openers have been a major disappointment in this and the SL tour, 3/8 tests both openers have failed to reach double figures in both innings