England U21 & Youth 20/21

Classical Mechanic

For those that are interested

Eze called up again. McNeill in. Diangana and Edwards still omitted. CHO May pull out i f his transfer goes through so one of those two may get called up. Curtis Jones’s first call up. Nelson lucky to get called up over Diangana and Edwards.

Garner in the 20s, hopefully he gets in the 21s soon. Nice midfield options but weaker elsewhere.

u19s. Mengi in a strong selection. Madueke has impressed for PSV early this season and Musah is getting significant minutes early on this season at Valencia. Mcatee is a player City nabbed from United a few years back claiming they’d captured the second coming

Musah is 17 and qualifies for the USA, Italy, England and Ghana. Came through Arsenal‘s academy before moving to Valencia. I think he’ll stick with England. Usually a CM but has been playing wider for Valencia. Bayern’s Jamal Musiala is missing from these squads and might end up with Germany going forward.

Musah

U18s lots of dual nationals in a strong selection. YouTube legends Dembele and Omari Hutchinson in there. Only a training camp with no matches. United’s Hugill in there.

Last edited:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Great to see Hugill in the U18s.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Thank you to Boothroyd and to the guy at the FA who gets his s***m in the ass :mad:

A draw against Andorra is already awful but to concede 3 goals is so ridiculous :houllier:

Last edited:

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

Musah is 17 and qualifies for the USA, Italy, England and Ghana. Came through Arsenal‘s academy before moving to Valencia. I think he’ll stick with England. Usually a CM but has been playing wider for Valencia. Bayern’s Jamal Musiala is missing from these squads and might end up with Germany going forward.
Why do you think that?

Classical Mechanic

Why do you think that?
He‘s German born. His mum is German and Dad Nigerian (I think). His link to England is only through living here for half his life. Now he’s back in Germany and even Flick has said he wants him to play for Germany.

Awful result for the U21s, arguably the worst ever, drawing with Andorra! They can’t renew Boothroyd!

Apparentl the U19s were beating Scotland 3-1 at half time and the game was cancelled due to a back from staff member testing positive. Very weird.

edit: sorry you posted that.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
He‘s German born. His mum is German and Dad Nigerian (I think). His link to England is only through living here for half his life. Now he’s back in Germany and even Flick has said he wants him to play for Germany.
I really can't see that.
I reckon he is currently in no England squad because he will make his full debut for Bayern München against Düren in the DFB-Pokal next Thursday (because most of their players are on international duty).

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Drawing with Andorra is fecking embarrassing. How is Bothroyd still there?

Blackwidow

I really can't see that.
I reckon he is currently in no England squad because he will make his full debut for Bayern München against Düren in the DFB-Pokal next Thursday (because most of their players are on international duty).
He has still time to make that decision. But thanks for this thread. I could not find anything on the FA websites and I wanted to know if Musiala is away or still in Munich. The Bayern players that are not in rehab, are not newbies of the transfer window or are away with the national teams got some free days.

With Nübel, Boateng, Müller, Martinez, Davies, Richards (the US and Canadian teams still do not play), Musiala, Costa, Sarr, Roca and Choupo-Moteng there is actually a full team to field on Thursday against Düren.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He has still time to make that decision. But thanks for this thread. I could not find anything on the FA websites and I wanted to know if Musiala is away or still in Munich. The Bayern players that are not in rehab, are not newbies of the transfer window or are away with the national teams got some free days.

With Nübel, Boateng, Müller, Martinez, Davies, Richards (the US and Canadian teams still do not play), Musiala, Costa, Sarr, Roca and Choupo-Moteng there is actually a full team to field on Thursday against Düren.
I tried to make it work. ;)

Choupo-Moting
Musiala - Müller - Costa
Roca - Martinez
Davies - Boateng - Richards - Sarr
Nübel

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
You really think he’ll stick with England?

Of course something in his future on and off the pitch could change his opinion but right now his english football heart is so much higher than his german football heart, he has played for England's U15+16 -> Then for the german U16 team (He hasn't liked this time there) -> Since then many games for England's U17 (Only very few players are changing that again), he has rejected twice a call-up for the german U17 team last year and many of his best friends are in the England U17+18+19 team.
I'm absolutely sure he will be back in one of the Young Lions squads next month.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Massive shame because we were one of the favourites for the Euros.

But to be back at the U20 World Cup is of course fantastic.
Is Portugal amongst those teams there? With this shit of the pandemic totally forgot the youth teams bellow the under 21's. I don't know how it is in England, here only the professional teams, B Teams and under 23's can compete, the rest from under 19's and bellow that no one can compete. It will be tragic for some young players if this situation remains.

@Sean_RedDevil Forget it, already seen it, they're qualified too.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Is Portugal amongst those teams there? With this shit of the pandemic totally forgot the youth teams bellow the under 21's. I don't know how it is in England, here only the professional teams, B Teams and under 23's can compete, the rest from under 19's and bellow that no one can compete. It will be tragic for some young players if this situation remains.

@Sean_RedDevil Forget it, already seen it, they're qualified too.
England, Portugal, France, Italy and Netherlands are qualified.

Classical Mechanic

Musah called up to the USA seniors for a friendly.

Looks like they’ve called up a load of young dual Nationals to try to win them over.

Classical Mechanic

I know that but it is still a shock.
It's a bit of shock given his only link to the country is being born there when his parents were on holiday. They are offering him straight to the first team. We don't have that pathway for a player of his level at the moment. Apparently Nigeria are offering Madueke straight to the first team too which is the same situation for us.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
It's a bit of shock given his only link to the country is being born there when his parents were on holiday. They are offering him straight to the first team. We don't have that pathway for a player of his level at the moment. Apparently Nigeria are offering Madueke straight to the first team too which is the same situation for us.
That is the reason why i'm shocked.

If Madueke isn't in the U21 squad tomorrow then yeah he should play for Nigeria.

Blackwidow

Interview with Jamal Musiala and Chris Richards (got called up by the USMT the first time)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Is this the biggest indicator yet that Musiala will choose England?

Classical Mechanic

Is this the biggest indicator yet that Musiala will choose England?
He’s remained committed to England since going back to Germany 18 months ago so playing for England seems to mean something important to him. Hard to say what will happen ultimately. I didn’t see Musah linking up the the USA coming!

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

Of course we don't know if some players have knocks or even the coronavirus but no Madueke, Nelson, Willock, Godfrey and Diangana in the U21 squad doesn't make me happy.

Last edited: