England vs Spain

BaldwinLegend

They could play Wednesday, Saturday, Tuesday.

League programs finish on the Saturday before and restart on the Sunday after, its not beyond the whit of man. Mind you we are talking about FIFA here...
It's more the PL teams that wouldn't go for that at all.

Shouldn't playing the World and European Champions be enough of an incentive for the England players to make it a committed, decent match?

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
They could play Wednesday, Saturday, Tuesday.

League programs finish on the Saturday before and restart on the Sunday after, its not beyond the whit of man. Mind you we are talking about FIFA here...
They could, but then one nation would play Wednesday-Tuesday and have a massive advantage, whilst the Premier League teams would only get their all players back for 2 days before they play again. It is a good idea though, I just don't think odd numbered groups work.

Having Internationals on Thursday-Friday-Saturday-Sunday-Monday-Tuesday will be good though, can watch Spain on Thursday and Sunday, Netherlands/Germany Friday and Monday, and England/France etc on Sunday and Tuesday.

The return of weekend International Football will do wonders as well. It was a good idea but FIFA where wrong to take it away.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I want to see Spain rip England to little bits. I want to see Spain win by 6 goals. Not because I dislike England but so that people will begin to see what technically gifted footballers can do and why English football needs to place a bigger emphasis on the technical abilities of its players so that England in the future have a chance at winning a world cup. The historic English style of football has to change. It would be great for football to see ENgland win the world cup again but England has no chance until the whole of football in England changes its ethos and mentality. Thats from fans to kids to coaches to clubs.

mufcwarm92

Mata, Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Iniesta, Silva

That midfield :eek:

Can't get any better, right?
It probably won't be that, no defensive players in that midfield at all. Will probably end up being:

Silva Xavi Busquets Alonso Iniesta

Still insane, with Mata and Fabregas to come off the bench. Their strength in depth is truly horrifying at the moment.

Sally Cinnamon

It probably won't be that, no defensive players in that midfield at all. Will probably end up being:

Silva Xavi Busquets Alonso Iniesta

Still insane, with Mata and Fabregas to come off the bench. Their strength in depth is truly horrifying at the moment.
I think the line up has been made, atleast according to the OP.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
They could, but then one nation would play Wednesday-Tuesday and have a massive advantage, whilst the Premier League teams would only get their all players back for 2 days before they play again. It is a good idea though, I just don't think odd numbered groups work.

Having Internationals on Thursday-Friday-Saturday-Sunday-Monday-Tuesday will be good though, can watch Spain on Thursday and Sunday, Netherlands/Germany Friday and Monday, and England/France etc on Sunday and Tuesday.

The return of weekend International Football will do wonders as well. It was a good idea but FIFA where wrong to take it away.
Another idea could be like a 'Davies Cup' of football, so all friendlies count in a bigger league, say.

You could say that that is like the FIFA rankings, but weren't England like 4th or something? What a joke...

I just see no point in a non-competitive match. The Cyprus-Scotland match was watched by three Scotsmen and a dog, nobody cares. Fair enough Wembley will be no doubt full, but that's more about going to Wembley isn't it?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Y'know, it might not be a bad thing if Spain were to dish out a 6-3 beating to England, like Hungary once did. Might wake the game up in this country.

SteveJ

Scout
morning mate.

I would not mind us losing 6-3 if we showed some balls and took the game to them.

The last thing I want to see us do is 'playing not to lose'...and lose anyway.
Good afternoon, Lord Dreams. :D

Not sure if Spain are actually that good in friendlies, so maybe England could get a draw.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Good afternoon, Lord Dreams. :D

Not sure if Spain are actually that good in friendlies, so maybe England could get a draw.
I hope we show character. Jones is a player who has plenty of that. If our players go out there showing the pride of wearing that shirt it is all we can ask.

Get us a proper coach who can bring out the best out of the players...we have plenty of them...in spite of the shitty job the FA has done in this country.

the match is on live here. I hope Capello is not himself today.....

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Jones looked lieka fish out of water against the Stoke midfield, don't hold out much hope for him this afternoon.

Shame England don't have a proper side out, as that would be a decent barometer.

As it is, we will just chase shadows for 90 mins and go down 0-2.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Hart/Johnson Jagielka Lescott Cole/Jones Parker/Walcott Lampard© Milner /Bent
England's lineup for today. Can't understand the reasoning behind not to play either Sturridge or Welbeck. We all know what Bent will provide at this level, it wouldn't have hurt to give both of 'em a run.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Mata, Xavi, Xabi Alonso, Iniesta, Silva

That midfield :eek:

Can't get any better, right?
If it can, throwing one of Busquets or Fabregas into it is probably the only way it can be improved.

It's cheating how Spain develops midfielders. I don't think there is any non-Spanish midfielder around good enough to even make the bench for Spain.

SteveJ

Scout
Jonesy will be about three stone after chasing that lot around all afternoon.

Masterplan

AKA united07
Jones looked lieka fish out of water against the Stoke midfield, don't hold out much hope for him this afternoon.

Shame England don't have a proper side out, as that would be a decent barometer.

As it is, we will just chase shadows for 90 mins and go down 0-2.

jones played centre back against stoke

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
England's lineup for today. Can't understand the reasoning behind not to play either Sturridge or Welbeck. We all know what Bent will provide at this level, it wouldn't have hurt to give both of 'em a run.
SERIOUSLY THAT'S THE LINE UP?! :eek:

Name Changed

weso26
John Salako had me in fits of laughter saying the likes of Stewart Downing and Andy Johnson have the same quality of the likes of David Silva and Anders Iniesta. Hilarious.