England vs USA & Croatia | Its coming home

saivet

Correct. Not that I think they're Dunk and Keane are bad they shouldnt be playing in a friendly, I think its fine. Its just that excluding Smalling from doing the same is ridiculous.
I agree. Smalling is better than those guys, but I think Southgate is just taking the same approach for Hart. I don't think McCarthy or the Fulham keeper better than Hart. But as they are not first choice players he's given the place in the squad to players who will appreciate just being their and not a player who will be thinking they should be playing, potentially upsetting the dressing room slightly.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why is Eric Dier in the squad?!
We aren't exactly blessed with many defensive midfielders. If only Carrick was 10 years younger, he'd actually get the caps he deserved.

Rooney’s passing range and touch is still pretty good. His legs have gone though :(
His legs went at about 26 lol.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Rooney’s a stone leaner and much more mobile than he was in his last few years at United. Hard not to feel a bit sickened by that.
Because he's playing regularly for DC and given important and he was past the age where we could do that for him. Win win for both so no need to be bitter!

PoTMS

Wazza could still play for us. Not sure if that's more telling of his quality or (lack of) ours.

Bobski

Ali and Lingard are an interesting(well maybe) comparison piece. Taken away from their club comfort zones Lingard, comfortably, looks the better, more technically adept player of the 2. Not basing this on a one off but their international performances over a number of years.

Utdstar01

Ali and Lingard are an interesting(well maybe) comparison piece. Taken away from their club comfort zones Lingard, comfortably, looks the better, more technically adept player of the 2. Not basing this on a one off but their international performances over a number of years.
Nah did you not hear? Mourinho is getting the best out of his players.

Dante

Average bang
Hopefully time and distance away from Old Trafford will allow some people to judge Rooney without agenda. The hatred he got towards the end was classless.

PoTMS

We're a couple centre backs and central midfielders away from being up there with the big boys.

Bobski

Hopefully time and distance away from Old Trafford will allow some people to judge Rooney without agenda. The hatred he got towards the end was classless.
Agree, the guy is the top scorer for Utd and England, he should be a legendary figure. More importantly beyond the numbers he gave us some incredible moments that will stay with me for a very long time and he was never a selfish player, put the team first, was willing to sacrifice individual accolades to win.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Why go to the game just to boo him? Can't understand that. Just don't go...

I can understand why though. Nothing to do with him playing for utd. Mainly because he's all the worst things about English football. Drinking led to him being finished at the top level by 30, seemingly endlessly greedy, caught DUI with some girl and the driving ban didnt even expire yet... Yet honoured by England, what a shower.

Great example to the other England lads. Don't worry, no need to have any self discipline or actually win any trophies, just go out and be a drunken moron. The FA will still honour you with a send off.

alsabi

So, as I understand the permutations for England vs Croatia:

1) If either side wins they win the group, loser is relegated.
2) A draw and Spain win the group.
3) A goalless draw would see Croatia relegated on goal difference, a score draw and England would be relegated (Croatia ahead on head-to-head away goals).

Ban

Would be great if we beat you guys. :D

Anyway, truly remarkable career Wayne had, England and United legend, enjoy retirement.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Why go to the game just to boo him? Can't understand that. Just don't go...

I can understand why though. Nothing to do with him playing for utd. Mainly because he's all the worst things about English football. Drinking led to him being finished at the top level by 30, seemingly endlessly greedy, caught DUI with some girl and the driving ban didnt even expire yet... Yet honoured by England, what a shower.

Great example to the other England lads. Don't worry, no need to have any self discipline or actually win any trophies, just go out and be a drunken moron. The FA will still honour you with a send off.
He's all the worst things about English football? The drinking is pretty shit. Most players are greedy, it is why they aren't playing for peanuts. Caught dui? You mean like the Ivorian Toure? The Frenchman Lloris? The Spaniard (who killed someone while drink driving and seemingly paid his way out of it) Alonso? Brazilian Firmino? Italian Verratti? I mean this is not a uniquely English trait is it?

He is honoured by England, in a bloody meaningless friendly, because he is England's second most capped player, England's top ever scorer, English football's most successful club's top ever scorer and an everpresent during their most successful period in history. The premier league's 2nd top ever scorer and in the history of English football, 22nd top ever scorer. He's won literally every single club trophy possible.

So tell me again why he is such a bad example to the younger generation? He has achieved almost everything he could. He was also a bit of an ass of a person. What else is new?

Some people will find anything to moan about.

Judas

Open to offers
Anyone else thinking relegation is on the cards today? I've got my negative pants on. Think it'll be a score draw which sees us down, doesn't it? Then we'll probably get put in the same group as Germany :lol:

redshaw

Confident England will win. The team and the crowd should be up for it.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Gotta be honest, I don't really understand what relegation means in this competition. Harder to qualify for the Euros?

If it means a couple of games against Germany then that's cool.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Gotta be honest, I don't really understand what relegation means in this competition. Harder to qualify for the Euros?

Just easier competition in the next Nations League cycle. Theoretically, easier to qualify for the Euros as well.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just easier competition in the next Nations League cycle. Theoretically, easier to qualify for the Euros as well.
Isn't Nations league a two year thing? So next cycle will be in 2020, is it being used for World cup qualifying?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Doubt the F.A. would be so happy if we get rubbish opposition and they cannot fill their stadium. That has been the good thing about this, being drawn with teams the fans would actually like to come and watch. Our luck we won't get Germany.

JamesO

Supports
Liverpool
For the Euro's it can mean ending up in pot 2 for the qualifiers. The worst 2 teams of the 4 that get relegated from the A divisions will end up with that.

Relegation would also mean you'd end up in pot 2 or 3 for the World Cup qualifiers, assuming they're gonna follow the same plan they're using for the Euro's.

SqueakyWeasel

Doubt the F.A. would be so happy if we get rubbish opposition and they cannot fill their stadium. That has been the good thing about this, being drawn with teams the fans would actually like to come and watch. Our luck we won't get Germany.
They would never put 2 teams that they need to go straight back up to the A pool in the same group together. It will take a year to win promotion again for one team in each group only. The only way we'll meet Germany in the Nations League is when we're both in the same A group. #HotBalls

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Reason why I am raising this discussion is the salary of Shaw vs Chilwell is worlds apart.
That is a good point. Maybe I am wrong but I do feel that one of the reasons why United players seem to not really work hard enough is in part due to the very high wages they are on.

Now I know that some will say that City players are on high wages as well but I am not saying it is only the high wages. I am saying it is a contributing factor.