England Discussion

JB7

Likely Guehi in the squad with Tomori out then? Personally think it's harsh on Tomori to potentially be behind Dier, Coady, Guehi, Coady and even Maguire but not a surprise given Southgate's recently selections.
Athletic saying no Guehi either.

saivet

Athletic saying no Guehi either.
Interesting, possibly at least one surprise inclusion? Maybe he's gone for Maddison?

There aren't many obvious CBs available to pick.

Goldfiessli

Supports
FC Basel
Maguire is not the same as Coady. Hes been Englands best CB for the past 5 years and was obviously going. Coady on the other hand...
Maguire may have been England’s best cb, but he clearly isn’t anymore. Bringing Maguire to Qatar is just giving more fodder to the press.

saivet

Ivan Toney, not in the squad - almost certainly to be Wilson in the squad.

saivet

Disappointed at this, good player.
He's okay but he's not been good this season and I wasn't impressed with his appearances for England either. If Bowen made the squad, even Sancho could feel hard done by and I think most would agree that he shouldn't be near the squad given his form.

Renegade

Philips shouldn’t be rewarded for playing barely any premier league games in 2 seasons.

Lee565

another england managing favouring players from the big 6, dier is awful, same with Maguire and he hasn't looked good for England over the past 6 months either and then there is Philips who is not even match fit but likely to go and I wasn't long ago that grealish was struggling to get a game for England when he was at villa but now that he is at city he is constantly called up and being selected despite being outperformed by maddison.

Aint gota Kalou

I would still take Phillips to be honest. We don't have many midfielders who can play instead of Rice as a deeper CM... Only really Henderson? (meh)

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Re Toney writing was on the wall once he didn't give him even a minute in the last two games, the nail in the coffin being the emergence of this investigation (that has been going on for months and still bought no charges) of some historical betting allegations. Southgate never wanted him involved and just caved to pressure from the press/public to call him up last time imo.

saivet

No JWP and set to be included. My guess would be Maddison and Gallagher/RLC as the surprise picks?

tomaldinho1

No JWP and set to be included. My guess would be Maddison and Gallagher/RLC as the surprise picks?
I reckon zero surprises.
No serie A guys, all the semi fit big names still picked. No JWP, no Toney, no Bowen.

Andersonson

No Tomori or Smalling. :lol:

If you don't play in the PL you're shit out of luck because Southgate is a dunce.
Neither is good enough anyways. Tomori had a great spell, but thats ended. He is massively overrated. Smalling has been called up for many years and is 32/33, I really like Smalling, but he is injury prone and has lost a yard of pace. Nothing wrong with what Southgate has done here

saivet

I reckon zero surprises.
No serie A guys, all the semi fit big names still picked. No JWP, no Toney, no Bowen.
If the reports are correct, there will be a couple of surprise inclusions, assuming he picks the full 26. Maddison for example shouldn't be a surprise but given Southgate hasn't picked him on numerous occasion when in good form.

Man-United

Why the talk on Tomori? He's so overrated. I guess people don't watch Serie A.