English cricket 2015 - NZ, The Ashes, Pak and SA

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Bit summer ahead in England, confident of Australia retaining the ashes. England vs New Zealand will be interesting. Cook and England better perform, or else the Pietersen shadow won't go away.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Some guy Adam Lyth expected to be handed debut. He will become England's 666th test player and sixth opening partner for Cook since Strauss' retirement in 2012. Mark Wood also expected to be handed debut, replacing Jordon.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Will the Poms have a new coach by the time the Ashes series starts? They should, but hopefully Strauss fecks it up.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Lyth deserves it based on the County Championship last year but he should've been given the opportunity in West Indies instead of Trott. Right now they should've gone with Hales. Leading run scorer this year with over 500 runs in four games, scoring at a decent tempo. Hales would have sparked some life into what otherwise is a slow scoring and dull top order.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
southee is a decent cricketer.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Anybody able to help me stream the TMS coverage?
hola unblocked chrome add-in?

alternatively i can give you the highlights-

boycott: cook isn't as good a captain as me. he's weak compared to me. he's a namby pamby type.

boycott: my grandmother could have kept that out with a stick of rhubarb.

boycott: corridor of uncertainty.

boycott: bad defensive stroke.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
hola unblocked chrome add-in?

alternatively i can give you the highlights-

boycott: cook isn't as good a captain as me. he's weak compared to me. he's a namby pamby type.

boycott: my grandmother could have kept that out with a stick of rhubarb.

boycott: corridor of uncertainty.

boycott: bad defensive stroke.
I've tried youtube which delivered coverage last year, but that's not available this year it seems. Can't listen online, as i'm outside of the UK.

The Man Himself

I am at office. First morning swing bowling in England is something to look forward to but tradition loving English always start matches on Thursday and I miss it most of the times.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Got a sky sports stream, although I enjoy test match special. Doubt many will be surprised by this start from England.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
bell will get a score but we'll be out for under 250.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
the worst part is this was completely expected. gillespie will have turned his phone off by now and checked himself into a hotel under a false name. we should just tear everything up and start again. completely useless.

The Man Himself

Stokes at 6. Apparently Moeen Ali was at nets :lol:

From cricinfo:
Ben Stokes is out at No. 6, up a place from the Caribbean... Interesting

Ah, there;'s Moeen Ali, walking around the boundary with his kit bag over his shoulder. Looks like a hurried recall from the nets

The Man Himself

Great counter attacking play from Root and Stokes (at least that's how it appears based on commentary and strike rates).

Andy Jones

Supports
SUNDERLAND
Was a predictably horrendous start for us. Root and Stokes have done excellently to counter-attack NZ. Push close to 300 and we're right in the game.

Zen

All Root needs to do at this point is bang up the Aussies in the summer and his legendary status will be confirmed. Such a calming influence, so good.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
All Root needs to do at this point is bang up the Aussies in the summer and his legendary status will be confirmed. Such a calming influence, so good.
he'll be fast tracked to captaincy if cook doesn't perform this summer. he'll be captain and the main run scoring hope, he'll rise to the occasion for the first 12 months before being ground down by how useless the set up is around him whilst his average and level of performance slowly drops, test after test. sigh.

Zen

He's pretty much the target batsman in all three forms as well......which is actually a HUGE reason to if anything, use Pietersen for a bit, get some of that attention of Root. Seems like Root loves it though......but we'll see how he copes coming in like 40-4 in the Ashes rather than against NZ.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
England have done very well after the Kiwis were all over them early on like Australia will be.

Last edited:

zing

Zingle balls
Good fightback this.

But this Moeen Ali as sole spinner thing isn't going to last. Not a good strategy.