English cricket 2015 - NZ, The Ashes, Pak and SA

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I bloody hope not, given how flat this pitch is and runs having been scored at four an over. I'd give 'em 380 in 60-65 overs.
I disagree, i would rather lose fighting then draw with a whimper. We are not a good enough test side, we all know this, but settling for and celeebrating a draw with New Zealand is too much for me to take.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I disagree, i would rather lose fighting then draw with a whimper. We are not a good enough test side, we all know this, but settling for and celeebrating a draw with New Zealand is too much for me to take.
We wouldn't be celebrating a draw. We'd be accepting that neither side was good enough to force a result on a pitch that was flat even by Lords standards.

Only way England win this is if New Zealand bat terribly. There just as likely to do that out of boredom, trying to bat out overs having just been playing 20/20, as they are getting themselves in a mess trying to win. Only significant difference an agressive declaration makes for me is to New Zealand's chances of victory.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
We wouldn't be celebrating a draw. We'd be accepting that neither side was good enough to force a result on a pitch that was flat even by Lords standards.

Only way England win this is if New Zealand bat terribly. There just as likely to do that out of boredom, trying to bat out overs having just been playing 20/20, as they are getting themselves in a mess trying to win. Only significant difference an agressive declaration makes for me is to New Zealand's chances of victory.
I want our bowlers under pressure on a difficult pitch, I want to see if they have learnt anything at all. In fact i would go as far as to say I just want to see Cook try something new. We know it will be hard but I would love just once to see us take the initiative and have a pop, you never know, a couple of early wickets and we could be asking serious questions, even on this pitch. But if we don't take the punt, we'l never know.

DOTA

I want our bowlers under pressure on a difficult pitch, I want to see if they have learnt anything at all. In fact i would go as far as to say I just want to see Cook try something new. We know it will be hard but I would love just once to see us take the initiative and have a pop, you never know, a couple of early wickets and we could be asking serious questions, even on this pitch. But if we don't take the punt, we'l never know.
I just don't see the advantage. Would rather tire them out in the field a bit more (particularly with the next test on Friday) and see if they've then got the concentration to bat for time.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I just don't see the advantage. Would rather tire them out in the field a bit more (particularly with the next test on Friday) and see if they've then got the concentration to bat for time.
The advantage is to warm up and find our weaknesses and strengths pre ashes. Either way it should be a great day of cricket, sadly, i will have to retire to bed before a ball is played and have to catch the highlights on channel 5.

DOTA

The advantage is to warm up and find our weaknesses and strengths pre ashes. Either way it should be a great day of cricket, sadly, i will have to retire to bed before a ball is played and have to catch the highlights on channel 5.
Do you ever use their on demand service, on the website?

I used to but got fed up with the fact they rarely uploaded the day's show before 3am.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Do you ever use their on demand service, on the website?

I used to but got fed up with the fact they rarely uploaded the day's show before 3am.
Channel 5s? yeah i used it before but not for Cricket, but what i used it for seemed to lack in quality and the refresh rate of the screen seemed sluggish as feck, so i don't think i'd like to use it to watch sport.

EDIT: I can hook you up with a live stream for the day though if you need one to report to the correct authorities.

zing

Zingle balls
McCallum's 42 was similarly awful to watch.
Yup.

Sehwag's the only one who I have found entertaining to watch when attacking in test cricket. Maintains his shape and plays good shots.

DOTA

Channel 5s? yeah i used it before but not for Cricket, but what i used it for seemed to lack in quality and the refresh rate of the screen seemed sluggish as feck, so i don't think i'd like to use it to watch sport.

EDIT: I can hook you up with a live stream for the day though if you need one to report to the correct authorities.
I'm alright on that front, ta :)
Yup.

Sehwag's the only one who I have found entertaining to watch when attacking in test cricket. Maintains his shape and plays good shots.
Gilchrist wasn't bad at it.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Reports are emerging that Trevor Bayliss might be the new England coach. Big mistake in my eyes.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Yes, thankfully NZ bowled England out. Now there is chance of result either way. Anderson gets no. 399. What a legend!

Kazi

In hindsight, McCullum probably wishing he opened to put pressure back on England.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Dare I say it but a Flintoff-esque test from Stokes so far, cracking two deliveries to set that all up.

ArmchairCritic

Honestly reminded me of that Flintoff over up at Edgbaston in the 2005 Ashes.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
This could be a very big summer for Ben Stokes. Started great for him.

The Man Himself

A very familiar territory for England. Work very hard in a test match, get into winning position on last day but unable to force through a result. Can they turn it today? Watling is a big wicket. He has been in two match changing partnerships in NZ recently, vs India with BMac and lately vs Sri Lanka with Williamson, totally changing complexion of the match, upside down. He could have just hanged around even if Corey went.

24 overs, 4 wickets. England should really not screw up it again!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
New Zealand have been a bit unlucky in terms of the umpiring decisions, pretty strange how the umpires are so inconsistent with these clipping the leg stump decisions

ArmchairCritic

Bodes well this for the summer, young players stepping up big time.

ArmchairCritic

Also about bloody time England figured out that they're 10 times better as a bowling attack when they pitch it up and attack the stumps.

The Man Himself

Well done, England. Fighting back from 30-4 in first innings and from the troubled situation again in 2nd innings. Great show of character. Almost every player contributed over whole test. Sad for New Zealand. Played very well overall.