English cricket thread

Grib

Ireland the best test cricket team in the world, who knew :lol:

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Proud of the boys, after winning a World Cup this is such a perfectly English thing to do. All is right with the world again.

Djemba-Djemba

This has been utterly fecking shameful batting.

It's a green top and Ireland have played well but fecking hell. No excuse to be 58/8.

Embarrassing.

diarm

Fine catch that is with clever field setting and bowling. England have been shite but we've been very good in fairness.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The Aussies will be drinking this in. If Hazelwood, Pattinson and Starc move it around even a little bit it's guaranteed carnage. We've forgotten how to bat in tests.

Djemba-Djemba

:lol:

Bayliss might have done alright with the ODI side, but it will be nice when he fecks off and we get a coach that has some idea about how to play test cricket in England.
Exactly this.

We won the World Cup so I suppose he's done what he was employed to do.

But our Test side has been neglected for years and today it's coming home to roost.

We're utter shite.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I hear we're beating the bastards? Don't understand the rules to Protestant hurling but I'll take it.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Not like the non-World Cup players are doing much better.

Great bowling in fairness, shouldn't take anything away from Ireland just because England are finding new lows.
I'm taking nothing away from the Irish bowlers, they've bowled the conditions brilliantly however nobody will tell me that that attack is of a 69/9 quality. Very poor batting from some very experienced players and the usual nothing from the top order. If I was Bayliss and Root, I'd be on my hands and knees begging Chef to come back for the ashes.

Hephaestus

I'm taking nothing away from the Irish bowlers, they've bowled the conditions brilliantly however nobody will tell me that that attack is of a 69/9 quality. Very poor batting from some very experienced players and the usual nothing from the top order. If I was Bayliss and Root, I'd be on my hands and knees begging Chef to come back for the ashes.
Can but dream.

That last one is on the commentator though, 85 all out. Spectacular.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Out for the first time before lunch at Lords in a test. We need to relearn the test match mentality and fast.

Djemba-Djemba

4th time in a year we've lost all 10 wickets in a session, and we lost 9 in one session in the West Indies.

We don't know how to bat in Test cricket.

NinjaFletch

As awful as England have been I'm made up for Ireland. Thought it was an arrogant and disrespectful team selection (as it has been when England have played ODIs against Ireland over the years) and disrespectful to play them in a one off, four day test. England coping a hiding can only be a good thing for the sport. Hope Ireland bat well too.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
People seem to forget that the reason cook retired was because he was very bad at the end

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
As awful as England have been I'm made up for Ireland. Thought it was an arrogant and disrespectful team selection (as it has been when England have played ODIs against Ireland over the years) and disrespectful to play them in a one off, four day test. England coping a hiding can only be a good thing for the sport. Hope Ireland bat well too.
How was the team selection arrogant ? The match is right between the WC which went for 2 months and the ashes so not sure what you would want

NinjaFletch

How was the team selection arrogant ? The match is right between the WC which went for 2 months and the ashes so not sure what you would want
Because they picked a side for a warm up game. If you don't have time in the schedule to play a test then don't schedule a test.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Because they picked a side for a warm up game. If you don't have time in the schedule to play a test then don't schedule a test.
What rubbish is that , it provides England a chance to test themselves against a good attack who will try their best and it gives Ireland a chance to play a test match at Lord's . 8 of the 11 that played today will play in the first test at Edgbaston , how is that a warm up side ?