English cricket thread

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Has there been an Ashes series where two of the tests were decided inside 3 days?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Could even be over tonight at this rate with 6 down already - 6 wickets for 59 runs.

phelans shorts

Just seen that Malan’s wife suddenly gave birth to his first child six week premature last night, which would go a long way to explaining why he seemed so out of sorts. Hopefully they found a way to get him straight to the mainland to get on a flight home ASAP

Trequarista10

Gotta feel for England's bowlers, who have on the whole performed as well as any previous side in an Ashes tour I can remember. Still, pleased for Wood to get several wickets on the board as he often looks dangerous but comes away with a ropey looking average.

Our batting lineup can't make a decent score on a good wicket, so when conditions are tough there's no chance.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
England in this test: 78-2 & 68-0
Australia in this test:12-3 & 63-6

Result: England lose by 100+ runs :lol:.

Cloud7

Gotta feel for England's bowlers, who have on the whole performed as well as any previous side in an Ashes tour I can remember. Still, pleased for Wood to get several wickets on the board as he often looks dangerous but comes away with a ropey looking average.

Our batting lineup can't make a decent score on a good wicket, so when conditions are tough there's no chance.
Yep. I fully agree with Broad's comments. The bowlers do as much as they can, but the batting collapses every single innings.

IRN-BRUno

Bowlers deserve some criticism in this test as well to be fair. They had the best conditions on Day 1 and let Australia get 300 from 12-3 which was way over par. Even today to go from 63-6 to 155 is disappointing.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Shambolic from England. Struggling to think of any positives. Even Roots form went by the last two tests. Rain saved them from a 5-0. Just pathetic.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Bowlers deserve some criticism in this test as well to be fair. They had the best conditions on Day 1 and let Australia get 300 from 12-3 which was way over par. Even today to go from 63-6 to 155 is disappointing.
Obviously not ideal asking them to shoot out teams for 150 twice in a test is a piss take.

WPMUFC

All 10 wickets for 56 runs. That's England's worst 10-wicket collapse against Australia since 1948. :lol:

Skills

Snitch
Funnily enough i think this 4-0 loss is worse for England, than a 5-0.

Losing 5-0 forces the ECB to do something out of embarrassment. They'll just continue down the same path as it was only a 4-0 loss