English cricket 2021

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
:lol:

Oh dear. Well played Joe.

JohnnyKills

Brilliant knock from Root.

Hopefully Broad can smash a few tomorrow. I'd actually bat him at 9 given SL don't have any pace bowlers. He's got a test hundred ffs!

TheGame

Brilliant knock from Root.

Hopefully Broad can smash a few tomorrow. I'd actually bat him at 9 given SL don't have any pace bowlers. He's got a test hundred ffs!
Anderson tomorrow mate. Broads not playing this test.

paulscholes18

It’s all good Anderson has a test best of 81 and Leach 92 so we’re fine ;)
Hopefully they can both get close to their averages, be another 26 runs. More likely going to need to bowl them out for under 135 then chase down under 175 to win

zing

Zingle balls
150 on the board would be a good chase but looks a long way off.

I remember England chased like 120 v Pakistan in UAE in the days of Ajmal and got bundled out by Rahman, the left arm spinner. I hope we're in for a game like that

NM

150 on the board would be a good chase but looks a long way off.

I remember England chased like 120 v Pakistan in UAE in the days of Ajmal and got bundled out by Rahman, the left arm spinner. I hope we're in for a game like that
No. SL aren't getting Root out. Simple as that.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Watching Sibley here is like watching a tailender. Just happy with any runs he may get.

DOTA

Root gone. Not easy from here.

EDIT - Lawrence gone. Get Buttler and Sri Lanka go heavy favourites, for me.

Last edited:

DOTA

They haven't got Buttler and it's looking very easy for him.

TheGame

Well done Sibley, played well here after a difficult start. Rotating the strike well.

DOTA

Well done Sibley, played well here after a difficult start. Rotating the strike well.
Yeah. Lotta luck with the LBW's when we was right back that were all given not out and umpires call. He's stuck at the job though.

DOTA

What just happened today? Pitch deteriorated?
It's spinning a fair bit. I didn't see Sri Lanka bat but the commentators seem to think they were pretty awful, rather than the conditions being too difficult.

NinjaFletch

Pretty impressive series win that tbf.

And hey it's nice to have a little bit of hope we won't get absolutely crushed in India before the first test extinguishes that.

TheGame

Pretty impressive series win that tbf.

And hey it's nice to have a little bit of hope we won't get absolutely crushed in India before the first test extinguishes that.
Nice to see us chase down a target on a spinning pitch without capitulating.

JohnnyKills

Good win. Pleased to see Sibley do well although still think he'll struggle against spin. Buttler and Bairstow both did really well.

SL bowled really poorly though, and the captaincy was bizarre. Seemed like there were gaps everywhere.

iKnowNothing

I don't follow SL cricket - are you saying they're no longer the powerhouse they once were in SL?
My last memory of watching a live broadcast of cricket in SL is Murali bowling with the fans making noise using some combination of instruments.

Anyways - what's the prediction for England tour of India? 2 tests in Chennai followed by 2 more in Ahmedabad - a venue hosting cricket for the first time (i think).

DOTA

I don't follow SL cricket - are you saying they're no longer the powerhouse they once were in SL?
My last memory of watching a live broadcast of cricket in SL is Murali bowling with the fans making noise using some combination of instruments.

Anyways - what's the prediction for England tour of India? 2 tests in Chennai followed by 2 more in Ahmedabad - a venue hosting cricket for the first time (i think).
For the most part, opinions are split between whether India will have to play properly to win 4-0 or can just turn up mess around and still win 4-0.

DOTA

Also, this thread was originally for the 2019 English cricket season. Can we bin it? There's enough Indian and English cricket posters here to justify a thread for the series in India alone.

JohnnyKills

India big favourites as they always are at home but guess it depends on what sort of pitches they prepare. Apparently they've been preparing more seamer-friendly surfaces lately although I can't see them doing that against us.

Hopefully England can take the series deep and make it competitive.