English cricket thread

Trequarista10

Another good game in the hundred. Sky coverage is better too, Nasser is a very good commentator.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Chris Benjamin what a story, only one T20 and he does that, fan-fecking tastic

Superden

Some very good games, the fact that its The Hundred isn't the main factor, no matter how much the beeb and sky try to ram that down our throats. Its just very good squads going at it, playing as they would any t20.

Should add..just how superfluous the other stuff is. Its all about the cricket. Get good players against each other and you get entertainment.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Such a great day of cricket . Kind of hate that people like Bairstow will leave for the test team where he will basically serve water for 2-3 weeks

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Starting to get used to the 100 after watching a few games. The on-screen visuals are still horrible though.

Bertie Wooster

Starting to get used to the 100 after watching a few games. The on-screen visuals are still horrible though.
I've only seen a few of the mens games at The Hundred - I've mostly been watching the 50 over competition on YouTube. That's my biggest issue with The Hundred - that they've done it at the same time as the domestic competition and forced them to mostly play at outgrounds, with weakened squads, and no media attention. So disrespectful to the competition, the county game, and the 'traditional' / existing County fans that they're trying to move away from as it's the least desirable 'target audience' for anything nowadays.

I can cope with the format of The Hundred - with the exception of some onfield tweaks / gimmicks, it's not dissimilar to a T20 game.

But, my God, everything else around it is awful (for me). The presentation feels more like the old NASL - full of gimmicks and dumbed down explanations as it's aimed at non-fans who don't know the sport. Then there's the awful on screen visuals, the unnecessary fans and celebrity interviews during the innings, the music performances, way more pundits / presenters / guests than is necessary just, presumably, to further highlight the diverse aims of the competition, etc.

I find I can still enjoy the matches but only if I skip all the gimmicky intros and between innings stuff, and turn the sound off during the many, and unnecessary and intrusive, interviews and explanations they do during the innings.

Last edited:

FlawlessThaw

What a comeback, best finish so far! Super chargers went full crystanbull.
Great to see Stokes bowl but he cost his side the game with that dead ball. A single was a win at the time.

Shame we are going to miss the England test players now, it was great to see them in captaincy roles.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The atmosphere at the stadium at the end was pretty incredible. Blast has a lot of such games with big crowds but unfortunately we just miss them on most occasions

Nico87

Delay at the Old Trafford game, weather here has been awful all day so hardly surprising. Just heard for the fist time that games can go ahead at 5 overs a side (25 balls) which seems ridiculous. If it’s less than 10 overs a each it should probably just be abandone, especially when it’s 5 balls per over.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This was a great game.

Don't know why they didn't attempt to pinch a single on the penultimate ball? 8 from 1 is a loss, 7 from 1 gives you a shot at the tie...

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Can anyone recommend any streams to watch the England-India series??
Hard to know what'll work before it's started but I'll chuck my usual go to's in to a PM when I get the chance.

JohnnyKills

I know there are injuries but that's an uninspiring English bowling line-up. No pace!!!

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Just arrived at edgbaston for the hundred tonight, feels odd being around so many people

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Just arrived at edgbaston for the hundred tonight, feels odd being around so many people
Ok im fully sold on the hundred, the atmosphere in The Hollies was unreal tonight. Topley shelling Moeen in front of the Hollies was a particular highlight :lol:

paulscholes18

No Archer for the T20 World Cup or the Ashes, that’s a monster blow, would have been a key man if we were going to get any success down under.

FlawlessThaw

No Archer for the T20 World Cup or the Ashes, that’s a monster blow, would have been a key man if we were going to get any success down under.
England and Root in particular need to know how to handle him better. I swear Root spends half his time alienating fellow players who aren't his best mates.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Drama in the blast final! Dude takes a clean catch but the slide tackler is in contact with both the cushions and the catcher so it's a 6. Never seen this before :lol:

Hughie77

Haven't watched it since that world class Bowler from Barnsley Darren Gough stopped playing for England.
I've heard he's a washed up radio presenter now.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Some knobhead from West Indies appearing to say some stupid stuff, England not going their for their test of something is apparently "western arrogance". Weird feck.