English cricket thread

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Nasser's got a point about these helmets. You don't want to be wearing something that bits can fly off and hit the stumps.
I went is school with Hussein. I was in first year when he was sixth form. He used to post ridiculous stats :lol: Was in under 18 team from age 13, and topped run charts every year.

In those days his spin bowling was also brilliant.

Balljy

It’s all very well creating a siege mentality with peerless defence, but scoring so few runs creates pressure on yourself, as Warne has outlined.

Not sure I understand England’s run acquisition strategy. Unless it’s to wait until 30 mins before lunch.
There's so long left in the game that sitting it out means that the Australians will have bowled constantly for 2 and a half days by the end. I would imagine waiting for after the new ball and for tiredness to creep in means that runs will be a lot easier later today.

Edit - so much for waiting it out...

Darkhorsez

That was really bad from Root. He has given away all the that good work yesterday. I don’t know what his thinking was there. Perhaps wanted to get a few runs before new ball and then dig in. Seems very poor decision making.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That was really bad from Root. He has given away all the that good work yesterday. I don’t know what his thinking was there. Perhaps wanted to get a few runs before new ball and then dig in. Seems very poor decision making.
Fecking great catch though

Inigo Montoya

I went is school with Hussein. I was in first year when he was sixth form. He used to post ridiculous stats :lol: Was in under 18 team from age 13, and topped run charts every year.

In those days his spin bowling was also brilliant.
You went to Forest? I lived in Woodford for years. Had a few friends from Forest and Bancroft

Inigo Montoya

I suddenly feel very working class.
Going to those schools is about money not class. Lots of Asians whose families are shopkeepers etc. Just hard work and lots of sacrifices. My friend sent her son there, and she's a life guard for the council. ;)

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Don’t worry mate I went to a state school where we weren’t allowed cricket bats
Probably for the best, tbh. I can think of many situations that would've been a lot worse had we access to easily wielded blunt instruments.

DOTA

DOTA

Apologies for hastening the inevitable here but I don't think this is good bowling, so far.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You went to Forest? I lived in Woodford for years. Had a few friends from Forest and Bancroft
Woodford is a nice area!

Yeah. We’ve had quite a few very successful sportsman. Mark Petchey was same year as Hussein and England’s no 1 tennis player for a while. Later on we had England wicket keeper James Foster.

I played in 1st XI cricket (opening bowler) and 1st XI football (right back) in my final year. Quinton Fortune played in that side a year after I left, but was in my ‘house’ of which I was house captain.

Forest also had Al Qaeda militant and financial whizz Omar Sheik as a student, who was year below me. He was England U15 chess champion and got grade A in maths gcse aged 13: one of the cleverest kids ever, and was then headhunted and brainwashed by Al Qaeda while at LSE.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Basically upto England World Cup winners to win the test from here. Get it within 100 with these 2, and the win in on.

NinjaFletch

Really poor from Bairstow after lunch, got away with a waft the over before and then does that.

Have a horrible feeling that's probably that.