English cricket thread

G-manc

Archer's batting has been a big disappointment this series given he was being touted as a potential allrounder.

NinjaFletch

Right, how many do we think Leach, Archer and Broad can add to the score?

Is getting the lead past 400 important?

In reply Australia will probably lose 2 early wickets, then ML & Smith will bat out most of the day, England will take late wickets to swing the game back in their favour. Smith will still be at the crease.
Has Harris come back on to the field? If not don't think he can bat until 7, so it's probably Marnus and Warner opening.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Right, how many do we think Leach, Archer and Broad can add to the score?

Is getting the lead past 400 important?

In reply Australia will probably lose 2 early wickets, then ML & Smith will bat out most of the day, England will take late wickets to swing the game back in their favour. Smith will still be at the crease.
Not many by the looks of things. Remember when Broad made a test match hundred? He's now #11 :O

As long as Smith is not out Aus have a chance as he can quite easily make a double hundred but you would think we have enough.

G-manc

He averages 31 in first class cricket apparently.

Which is baffling to me.

He looks every inch an old school number 11.
Aye, he has zero foot movement.

I guess he's given it the long handle swing for the stands in the IPL and people have massively overrated his ability.

Tony Banta

Last Man Standing champion 2023/24
Has Harris come back on to the field? If not don't think he can bat until 7, so it's probably Marnus and Warner opening.
I think Harris will be allowed to open. He might struggle to grip the bat though.

Djemba-Djemba

I guess he's given it the long handle swing for the stands in the IPL and people have massively overrated his ability.
Yeah he must have connected with a few big blows because I definitely remember when he came into the England set up people were saying he was really dangerous with the bat.

Across all formats this Summer he's looked terrified every time he's gone out to bat, he has no defence and no movement at all. He should be 11.

zing

Zingle balls

He didn't do anything useful with the bat at the IPL

Tony Banta

Last Man Standing champion 2023/24
Yeah he must have connected with a few big blows because I definitely remember when he came into the England set up people were saying he was really dangerous with the bat.

Across all formats this Summer he's looked terrified every time he's gone out to bat, he has no defence and no movement at all. He should be 11.
He hit a 2nd XI century a few weeks back, but he does look like a no.11. He shouldn’t be batting at 9 atm in any format.

Djemba-Djemba

He hit a 2nd XI century a few weeks back, but he does look like a no.11. He shouldn’t be batting at 9 atm in any format.
I think he's a naturally confident guy and he's probably just blagged his way into batting at 9.

After this summer I expect him to be number 11 from now on.

AJ10

Should of sent in a night watchman or 2 to protect Warner.

NinjaFletch

*Broad runs in*

Shane Warne: 'Excellent start this from Australia. You're worried Nas, you're worried, aren't ya'

*Harris's off-stump cartwheels*

Cloud7

At this point I think it’s safe to say Broad is Warner’s father

arnie_ni

This has been broads best series in years.

He was dropped not so long ago, new man now.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Warner has had a shocking series.

In fact, take away these 2 & the Aussie batting has been extremely average throughout.