English cricket thread

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
How many ducks for the year is that now?

Cloud7

Boland’s figures here. Wow. You always know England is in town when something wacky like this happens. Reminds me of Karun Nair’s triple century against England.

slyadams

I don’t care how good the opposition bowlers are or how favourable the pitch is (because that goes for both sides), to lose by an innings against 267 is unacceptable and heads must absolutely roll after this. Not just because you can point to one person and say “it’s their fault”, but more that you simply have to make a statement that things have to change.

ha_rooney

Aussies superb, complete domination again.

England, thank you for finishing this at a reasonable hour. They really should do an India & leave for Covid reasons.

Longshanks

This is the worst England batting line up in the history of test cricket. Outside of root there is nothing.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
That is one of the most embarrassing series defeats I’ve ever seen in cricket.

Australia aren’t even at full power (missing hazelwood, smith out of form of sorts)
I find it incredible that England lost an Ashes in 11 days under Nasser Hussain because I can’t even comprehend anything worse than this.

AshRK

Jeez went for a dinner and now I see the match is done. This is embarrassing. Surely something has to give.

NM

England, thank you for finishing this at a reasonable hour. They really should do an India & leave for Covid reasons.
Had to get a dig in didn't you? :lol:

This is a time that all of us should come together laughing at how incompetent England are.

AshRK

Looking back India actually did England a favour.

Fts 74

The most embarrassing display I've ever witnessed and I've seen a few.

Australia scored 267 and England lost by an innings last 5 wickets fell for 7 runs.

Utter humiliation.

ha_rooney

Had to get a dig in didn't you? :lol:

This is a time that all of us should come together laughing at how incompetent England are.
:lol: - it’s the only way I can think of for them not to lose 5-0.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I said to my Uncle earlier it will be all over before he got back from Newcastle.

I wasn't actually being serious.

He's still 15 mins from Manchester.

croadyman

Easily the worst England performance in an Ashes and overall up there as well. Watch the soft sods like Trott/Moeen & Smith talk utter garbage now.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Easily the worst England performance in an Ashes and overall up there as well. Watch the soft sods like Trott/Moeen & Smith talk utter garbage now.
Waste of time isn't it. All being polite. Tell it how it is you wet wipes.

croadyman

Least when we got humiliated by them in the 90s we were facing Warne/Mcgrath/Waugh. This is absolutely ten times more embarrassing.

AshRK

Hopefully Vaughan and other english pundits don't blame the pitch to hide their incompetence.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Least when we got humiliated by them in the 90s we were facing Warne/Mcgrath/Waugh. This is absolutely ten times more embarrassing.
And we’ve just had the best year by any English batsman ever. So bad, you can basically only laugh at this point.

Zen

And Joe Root still top scored, what a hero. Going down like a true leader.

Horrendous, but I'm not actually certain I see at being worse than 2014 really, that was an utter shambles too that ended 3/4 proper players for a variety of reasons. This one will just end deadweight or well near 40 year olds... although who's to say Stokes won't pack it in too. No one expected England to win and a whitewash was massively on the cards, so it's hardly brutal.