English cricket thread

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Hope everything is ok. Absolutely brutal loss for England. I thought that England would lose 5-0 regardless but this is going to be a beatdown now
I think our batting will be ok - losing Brook is a shame but will just mean Foakes comes in so we actually have a proper keeper.

It's the bowling that looks ridiculously light. I expect us to win a test match but lose the series semi comfortably.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
No idea why England haven't called up someone from the Lions squad who are already in India and played against India A, like Jennings or Bohannon.
Brook would have been in at 5. They've gone like for like. No point calling up an opener or number 3. Bohannon could have batted 5 at a push but I'm not surprised they rate Lawrence higher.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Kohli out of the first 2 tests also citing personal reasons.

With all the spin you might want Foakes behind the stumps and Root 5th bowler, so I guess Bairstow drops down to 5 now Brook’s out. Something like:
Crawley
Duckett
Pope
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Foakes
Ahmed
Wood
Leach
Anderson

Trequarista10

With all the spin you might want Foakes behind the stumps and Root 5th bowler, so I guess Bairstow drops down to 5 now Brook’s out. Something like:
Crawley
Duckett
Pope
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Foakes
Ahmed
Wood
Leach
Anderson
This is for sure the top 7. Brooks absence certifies it, Pope comes back in and is the most experienced and willing to bat at the tricky 3 spot.

Only uncertainty I have is Ahmed. I know he's on paper the 2nd spinner, but Key mentioned the purpose of selecting Hartley and Bashir was their height/release point/speed as they suspect it will suit Indian conditions. Which doesn't really apply to Ahmed. Hartley would look a natural fit at 8, but like Leach bowls left arm finger spin. I've got a sneaky suspicion they might surprise everyone and pick Bashir for some off spin, with Wood at 8.

IRN-BRUno

This is for sure the top 7. Brooks absence certifies it, Pope comes back in and is the most experienced and willing to bat at the tricky 3 spot.

Only uncertainty I have is Ahmed. I know he's on paper the 2nd spinner, but Key mentioned the purpose of selecting Hartley and Bashir was their height/release point/speed as they suspect it will suit Indian conditions. Which doesn't really apply to Ahmed. Hartley would look a natural fit at 8, but like Leach bowls left arm finger spin. I've got a sneaky suspicion they might surprise everyone and pick Bashir for some off spin, with Wood at 8.
Bashir is still in Abu Dhabi waiting for his visa. Feels like this is an issue every time a side tours India.

TheGame

Crawley
Duckett
Pope
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Foakes
Ahmed
Wood
Leach
Anderson
Yep this will be the team with the only dilemma being Ahmed or Hartley. Could have done with Stokes Bowling as Wood will only bowl bursts but he clearly can't.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Crawley
Duckett
Pope
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Foakes
Ahmed
Wood
Leach
Anderson
Definitely need Foakes. I would have picked him for the Ashes too.

TheGame

England gone with 3 spinners, must be a raging turner of a pitch.

1. Zak Crawley
2. Ben Duckett
3. Ollie Pope
4. Joe Root
5. Jonny Bairstow
6. Ben Stokes (C)
7. Ben Foakes
8. Rehan Ahmed
9. Tom Hartley
10. Mark Wood
11. Jack Leach

Dan_F

They could just re name the title to “name every player to play a test match against England in the last 15 years.”