English & Irish Cricket Summer 2018

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I think that’s the wrong call. Looked like the ultra edge picked up the contact between bat & pad, not with ball.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Lucky reprieve for Kohli. As long as he is there India stand a good chance.

NinjaFletch

I think that’s the wrong call. Looked like the ultra edge picked up the contact between bat & pad...
I think he did hit the ball as well actually, but it's not the first time this test where the third umpire has been incredibly quick to make calls and not bothered to do his job properly.

The catch yesterday where he didn't bother to check if it carried cleanly on the juggle and the Pujara playing a shot one stand out too.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think he did hit the ball as well actually, but it's not the first time this test where the third umpire has been incredibly quick to make calls and not bothered to do his job properly.

The catch yesterday where he didn't bother to check if it carried cleanly on the juggle and the Pujara playing a shot one stand out too.
No mention of the stokes no ball. C'mon man.

BTW there was no bat there. Very sure.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Would be interesting to see the ball tracker. I reckon it was umpires call on impact.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Would be interesting to see the ball tracker. I reckon it was umpires call on impact.
I think they showed it, atleast cricinfo is commenting on it. The decision would have been overturned and given out. Ridiculous of the third umpire there, it was clear to see that the bat hit the pad because snicko showed a spike before the ball went past the bat.

zing

Zingle balls
Rahane saved. This is a bad decision - in real time, nowhere close I thought..

NinjaFletch

No mention of the stokes no ball. C'mon man.

BTW there was no bat there. Very sure.
Because I was talking about making decisions too quickly and that one took an age whether you think he got it right or wrong (I think he got it right btw, you can see a tiny bit of the boot behind the line when his foot lands). I'm not saying that India have benefited from those decisions (the first two were correct and there's enough doubt on the third one about whether he hit the ball at the same time as his pad for me to not give it out), but we can improve the process a bit.

It was three reds.

NinjaFletch

That Rahane review is a good example of the system working well at least. Umpire's blindsided by his bat and has guessed that it hit his front pad rather than his back. Pretty poor decision.

First innings, Rahane given out on a no ball.
I really don't think you can say the third umpire got that wrong with the information they're given.

If you click on the zoomed in picture I'd say it's pretty clear that there is a bit of the back of his boot behind the line.

AshRK

If we bottle this, it wont be because of this innings. 89-6 and 140-2 should never have amounted to a first innings lead of 27.
Yes and add the first test and the the first test in SA. All the matches india could and should have won.

NinjaFletch

Not sure what Atherton is on about there. Looked very blatantly outside the line to me.

Skills

Snitch
One of these guys needs to be there for the finishing line because the lower middle order has shown they will give nothing.

ha_rooney

England have to break this partnership soon.

ha_rooney

And Kohli is gone!!

I’ve been impressed by Moeen’s bowling, he seems to have improved. Kept a good line & length all game & bowled with good patience.

NinjaFletch

Another couple of quick wickets here would definitely numb the inevitable pain due to start in 25 minutes.