English talent abroad 2018/2019

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I'm not from Limerick.

And I suppose you don't actually know where he's lived in his life do you? Before spouting off telling him what nationality he is at least google his life. He wasn't born in Portugal and he hasn't spent 13 years there. He spent 7-8 years in Portugal roughly the same as England.

No him saying England is his choice means he'll play for England. Certainly won't be playing for Portugal because you said he's not English and really Portuguese.

So Eric Dier. Portuguese in your law of nationalities?
Check Wikipedia genius

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We should consider going for Sancho next summer. Looks a cracking young player.

Midfield

Red
Anyone remember former United academy, Sam Hewson? I thought he was promising about a decade ago, but now currently playing for Iceland football team.

Classical Mechanic

Permy? thought he was decent?
It’s a loan. He is very talented. Poch made the idiotic move of comparing him to Messi when he first got to Spurs. He wrote in his book latterly that was a mistake and admitted that Edwards has big problems with rules and authority. His loan to Norwich last year was a disaster with him supposedly failing to turn up to training on time even once.

Check Wikipedia genius
He was born in Bissau, moved to Portugal at 5 and moved to England at 13 so @limerickcitykid is correct.

It’s up to Viera who he wants to play for anyway and he's chosen England so far, meaning he fits in this thread.

Last edited:

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Former wonderkid Dan Crowley is also at Willem II. Spent last season on loan with Cambuur and now back with Willem. Started 3 games so far and has 1 goal and 1 assist. Has fallen a long way since when he had two countries trying to tap him up at 16/17 and Roy Hodgson showing up at Arsenal training.

Classical Mechanic

Former wonderkid Dan Crowley is also at Willem II. Spent last season on loan with Cambuur and now back with Willem. Started 3 games so far and has 1 goal and 1 assist. Has fallen a long way since when he had two countries trying to tap him up at 16/17 and Roy Hodgson showing up at Arsenal training.
His goal was pretty tasty too

Asger

Anyone remember former United academy, Sam Hewson? I thought he was promising about a decade ago, but now currently playing for Iceland football team.
He has been here for 7 years already, joined his 3rd Icelandic team last year.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
It’s a loan. He is very talented. Poch made the idiotic move of comparing him to Messi when he first got to Spurs. He wrote in his book latterly that was a mistake and admitted that Edwards has big problems with rules and authority. His loan to Norwich last year was a disaster with him supposedly failing to turn up to training on time even once.

He was born in Bissau, moved to Portugal at 5 and moved to England at 13 so @limerickcitykid is correct.

It’s up to Viera who he wants to play for anyway and he's chosen England so far, meaning he fits in this thread.
He isnt correct. There is nothing to hold Viera to English football just because he spent time there ( less than he did in Portugal ) Theres no guarantee he would come back to the english leagues and no guarantee he picks the english NT

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He isnt correct. There is nothing to hold Viera to English football just because he spent time there ( less than he did in Portugal ) Theres no guarantee he would come back to the english leagues and no guarantee he picks the english NT
Nowhere have I claimed he is guaranteed to pick the English NT team. I have only said he is English which you've tried to claim otherwise and that he has stated his intent to play for England. And then shown yourself up by not even knowing where he's lived. And then showing yourself up again by acting smug about reading his wikipedia which you clearly haven't done or you would know he wasn't born in Portugal or lived there for 13 years.

There is something very strong connecting Vieira to England which is that he is a UK citizen and is English, no matter how much you try to be the nationality police and deny he is English.

Classical Mechanic

He is correct in that he's lived in Portugal and England for about the same amount of time, about 7 - 8 years in each country.

Also he said

After his England U20 call-up, Vieira told the Yorkshire Evening Post in July 2017 that he had changed his preference from playing for Portugal because he had been living in England for a long time, and following discussions with family members who live in Portugal. He said that 'the decision was mine so I picked England'

His own testimony supports what @limerickcitykid has said.

I never said there was a guarantee he'd continue with England, although he's been called to the u20s today. I said he fits in this thread because he's gone with England 'so far' He might switch, who knows.

No need to get so worried either, he isn't that good anyway.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Young players going abroad is a lot more frequent now, Mandela at Gladbach. Nelson looking at Hoffenheim, Boadu at Dortmund as well. I think it's defo a good thing

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If we can stretch this to Scottish players, Jack Harper scored for Malaga in Segunda the other week.

Has Ryan Gauld gone on loan again, is he actually going to play this time?

Classical Mechanic

Nelson’s goal.

Marcus Edwards made his full debut for Excelsior and looks to have done well. Got the assist for their second goal and weirdly made 6 tackles, which is a high number even for a defender.

Classical Mechanic

Marcus Edwards made the Erdivise Team of the Week in one of the papers, they said

"But above all it was Marcus Edwards who gave Excelsior something extras. 'Mini-Messi' the 19-year-old mercenary of Tottenham Hotspur is called. And with every game he plays in the Netherlands, it becomes more clear why. He is small, left legged, and dribbles easier and faster than many amateur footballers run. When he had the ball, you sometimes saw the defenders of Heerenveen already a bit frightened take a step back."

Former England youth international who has been flirting with Ireland recently Dan Crowley, also made team of the week. I wonder if England will try to call him up at the next break.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Marcus Edwards made the Erdivise Team of the Week in one of the papers, they said

"But above all it was Marcus Edwards who gave Excelsior something extras. 'Mini-Messi' the 19-year-old mercenary of Tottenham Hotspur is called. And with every game he plays in the Netherlands, it becomes more clear why. He is small, left legged, and dribbles easier and faster than many amateur footballers run. When he had the ball, you sometimes saw the defenders of Heerenveen already a bit frightened take a step back."

Former England youth international who has been flirting with Ireland recently Dan Crowley, also made team of the week. I wonder if England will try to call him up at the next break.
Marcus Edwards has everything needed to be potentially WC, if the kid would just sort his head out. Could end up being a massive waste of talent.

I hope more British youth go over seas i know if i was a footballer in my late teens I sure as shit would be pushing for a move if I was stuck in the reserves.

Classical Mechanic

Marcus Edwards has everything needed to be potentially WC, if the kid would just sort his head out. Could end up being a massive waste of talent.

I hope more British youth go over seas i know if i was a footballer in my late teens I sure as shit would be pushing for a move if I was stuck in the reserves.
I'e seen the highlights from that game, he came close to scoring a few times after dribbling players. If he can start converting some of those people will start to take notice.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is great, can only do good things for English football. More and more talents should move abroad instead of sitting on the bench waiting for their chances IMO

Classical Mechanic

Jogi Low with some encouraging words

“We know, for the last three or four years especially, the young English players are getting better and better,” the 58-year-old said.

“They have really very good educations and the federation here has changed its focus on the young players a little bit.

“When I speak to my youth-team coaches everyone says ‘England Under-15, Under-17, Under-19, they have very strong players, they are really strong one on one, they are very fast’.

“So I think the English team will be very good in the coming years. They have changed something for the better.”

Classical Mechanic

Reiss Nelson scored another after coming on for 20 minutes. Whoscored has him making 6 tackles in those 20 minutes as well which shows he’s working hard.

Mail also reporting that Chelsea refused Hudson Odoi a loan to Leipzig yet that have only had him as an unused sub in the League Cup. Very frustrating. Hopefully he gets a move in Jan.

xonyo

Supports
Arsenal
One of the best bits of business done by Arsenal this summer was to tie Nelson down to a long term contract before going out. 4 goals in 2 starts and 2 sub appearances, along with his goals for England u21. Looks set to usurp someone's place next year in the Arsenal line up.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
One of the best bits of business done by Arsenal this summer was to tie Nelson down to a long term contract before going out. 4 goals in 2 starts and 2 sub appearances, along with his goals for England u21. Looks set to usurp someone's place next year in the Arsenal line up.
Those damn English youngsters coming over here and taking our jaeeeeebs :mad:

deafepl

They surely will set a great model for a future young generation to follow that path, at this rate, Bundelisga will have too many English players after the English league in future.

Thiagoal

Whisper it quietly, but England's team in 5 years could be scarily good! So pleased these players are taking their development into their own hands! 'Staying and fighting' for a place has probably wasted some very talented players over the years! Will be interesting to see what route Chong, Gomes and Greenwood take on the next couple of years! Bundesliga loans/ moves would be a great opportunity!

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
2 goals for Sancho with Dortmund in 2-2 draw

First 90 minutes for Nelson at Hoffenheim with amazing assist for the first goal of a 4-0 win