English talent abroad 2018/2019

Classical Mechanic

2 goals for Sancho with Dortmund in 2-2 draw

First 90 minutes for Nelson at Hoffenheim with amazing assist for the first goal of a 4-0 win

He won't actually get an assist for that which is a shame because its far better work than what you can get one for.

Find the cut to close up camera work during action they have in the BL really irritating though.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy

Looking like there could well be another Englishman in the Bundesliga soon.

Usually I'd say the more the merrier but surely Bayern are the one German club where chances are just as likely to be blocked as in the Premier League?

ctp

Usually I'd say the more the merrier but surely Bayern are the one German club where chances are just as likely to be blocked as in the Premier League?
Usually you'd be right. However, with Robben and Ribery in the twilight of their careers, Bayern really need new wingers. Their only current alternatives are Gnabry and injury-prone Coman, so Hudson-Odoi would certainly have a chance to establish himself if he's good enough.

izec

He will play. They need to freshen up their squad with fresh and young lads and seem to be targeting more youngsters nowadays, since there is more value in it instead of spending insane money on superstars, which they rarely do anyway.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
They've also already signed Alphonso Davies. Not sure they'll be playing two teenagers all the time.
Tbf Alphonso Davies is left footed so they are unlikely to be directly competing.

Usually you'd be right. However, with Robben and Ribery in the twilight of their careers, Bayern really need new wingers. Their only current alternatives are Gnabry and injury-prone Coman, so Hudson-Odoi would certainly have a chance to establish himself if he's good enough.
He will play. They need to freshen up their squad with fresh and young lads and seem to be targeting more youngsters nowadays, since there is more value in it instead of spending insane money on superstars, which they rarely do anyway.
How good are Coman and Gnabry in comparison?

haram

Sarri needs to be heavily criticised for letting this happen.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Not just about direct competition but Alphonso mainly plays on the left anyway which from what I've seen CHO mainly plays too. It's also about accommodating two teenage wingers into your team regardless of side they play on.
Yes but Coman and Gnabry's best positions are listed as right-wingers too - I doubt all four are intended for that position so if anyone's going to shift across, considering modern tactics it'll be Davies.

I don't think anyone would expect both Davies and CHO to both be starting any time soon, it'll just be about getting 20/30 minutes on a consistent basis with the possibility of developing into a starter over the next year or so. The question is will they get that and can either actually overtake Gnabry and Coman considering the latter two's headstart and simultaneous development?

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
Nope. It's the board. Roman barely manages the club any longer, and the people on the board are not football people. We are looking at Pulisic, but the cynical side of me says it's only for commercial reasons and not so much footballing. One of the best prospects in years and we're looking to sell him. Makes absolutely no sense and I'm personally getting sick of selling talented players only for it to come back to bite the club on the arse like it has done with Salah and KDB. We will likely make the same mistake here. Who cares about the fans though, we're just the little insignificant people.

haram

Nope. It's the board. Roman barely manages the club any longer, and the people on the board are not football people. We are looking at Pulisic, but the cynical side of me says it's only for commercial reasons and not so much footballing. One of the best prospects in years and we're looking to sell him. Makes absolutely no sense and I'm personally getting sick of selling talented players only for it to come back to bite the club on the arse like it has done with Salah and KDB. We will likely make the same mistake here. Who cares about the fans though, we're just the little insignificant people.
Sarri barely picks him though...

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It's not Sarri's fault that his contract is coming to an end.

CHO is being given more chances than any 18 year old youth product at Chelsea in a long time.

He just turned 18 last month, he's nowhere near ready to be starting regular games for a top 4 chasing side.

Classical Mechanic

Would be sad to see him go but I guess the club would have to accept £20 odd million now than lose him for nothing next year.

I blame Jadon Sancho.
Blame Chelsea FC for this. Shame Ampadu was daft enough to sign on for 5 years. He'll probably disappear into the ether now.

That said, I don't think this is a great move for CHO. Bayern are perhaps too big a side for him at this point. A club like Dortmund or Leipzig would have been better.

duffer

Scout
Blame Chelsea FC for this. Shame Ampadu was daft enough to sign on for 5 years. He'll probably disappear into the ether now.

That said, I don't think this is a great move for CHO. Bayern are perhaps too big a side for him at this point. A club like Dortmund or Leipzig would have been better.
Obviously I'm joking about blaming Sancho rather than the club.

Ampadu is a different thing, he's not a youth product despite his age. He'd already played professional first team football when we signed him and is a full international. I'd like to see him in the side because I think he has massive potential of course but I'd rather a youth product finally do it.

Munich would be a strange choice but if they've told him he'll be their new Robben combined with how Sancho has done out there, I could not blame the kid for taking the chance.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Yes but Coman and Gnabry's best positions are listed as right-wingers too - I doubt all four are intended for that position so if anyone's going to shift across, considering modern tactics it'll be Davies.

I don't think anyone would expect both Davies and CHO to both be starting any time soon, it'll just be about getting 20/30 minutes on a consistent basis with the possibility of developing into a starter over the next year or so. The question is will they get that and can either actually overtake Gnabry and Coman considering the latter two's headstart and simultaneous development?
Coman usually starts on the left (and thats his best position), but he is flexible enough that the can also play on the right. Coman is very good, but also very injury prone. If he can stay fit, he'll be first choice. The rest of the competition isn't top-class (Gnabry), old (Ribery), better in another position (Müller) or completely unproven (Alphonso Davies). Its a huge opening for any ambitious winger and no other top club can offer something similar. That said I have no idea how good CHO is.

Classical Mechanic

Coman usually starts on the left (and thats his best position), but he is flexible enough that the can also play on the right. Coman is very good, but also very injury prone. If he can stay fit, he'll be first choice. The rest of the competition isn't top-class (Gnabry), old (Ribery), better in another position (Müller) or completely unproven (Alphonso Davies). Its a huge opening for any ambitious winger and no other top club can offer something similar. That said I have no idea how good CHO is.
I think CHO is a top level talent. He’s kind of like Sane but not as quick but I’d say his passing is better. He has surprising passing range for his type of player. He can play anywhere across the AM and wing positions. He’s best position is as a left sided inside forward so he can cut inside onto his right foot. I think he’s much less effective on the right, although so was Sancho initially.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I’d love to see him go abroad but I really don’t know if Bayern is the place. Especially with Alphonso Davies soon joining.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
This.....i would be so pissed off if i would be a Chelsea fan and would care about own academy.
It's not Sarri's fault that his contract is coming to an end.

CHO is being given more chances than any 18 year old youth product at Chelsea in a long time.

He just turned 18 last month, he's nowhere near ready to be starting regular games for a top 4 chasing side.
More chances :confused: 6 games (350 minutes)

Rashford wasn't ready for us but Van Gaal has given him a fair chance.

duffer

Scout
More chances :confused: 6 games (350 minutes)
Which 18 year old youth product has Chelsea given more chances to recently? The guy turned 18 last month, how many games are 17/18 year olds getting for top 4 sides in recent years?

As for selling CHO, he is not signing a new contract so we can sell him now or lose him for nothing next season.

Of course I want him to stay, to play and become a Chelsea legend but I will understand the club cashing now rather than than lose him on a free.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Which 18 year old youth product has Chelsea given more chances to recently? The guy turned 18 last month, how many games are 17/18 year olds getting for top 4 sides in recent years?

As for selling CHO, he is not signing a new contract so we can sell him now or lose him for nothing next season.

Of course I want him to stay, to play and become a Chelsea legend but I will understand the club cashing now rather than than lose him on a free.
I don't care about other Chelsea youngsters because CHO is the best Cobham youngster since a long time.......he can score a goal against us (Manchester United) and i would probably smile a bit because i like and rate him so much.

Of course Chelsea must sell him next month and he will go to Bayern Munich (According to a Bayern Munich youth ITK on transfermarkt.de) but it's still a massive shame.

Carolina Red

Staff
Not sure how shipping out a kid who never plays would make room for anyone!
Well, I figured Pedro and Willian were getting close to the end of their time with yall.

I had figured CHO was gonna be the guy to slide into the backup RW role until Willian was done.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Ben Wilmot (Watford CB) joined Udinese for rest of the season.

Pretty sure I also read Huddlestone is joining them.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
Emile Smith-Rowe on loan to Leipzig and Reece Oxford on loan to Augsburg :drool:
I'm not so sure about these loans.

Take Nelson for example; I've watched a lot of him and despite regularly being one of Hoffenheim's outstanding performers he STILL isn't in the first 11 as they have no incentive to develop him ahead of those they can sell on/play long-term.

Basically a loan to the likes of Leipzig/Hoffenheim is counter-productive, the player needs to be so good that they simply have to throw the smarter long-term play of developing fully contracted players to the dogs, and that's rarely the case with youngsters.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I'm not so sure about these loans.

Take Nelson for example; I've watched a lot of him and despite regularly being one of Hoffenheim's outstanding performers he STILL isn't in the first 11 as they have no incentive to develop him ahead of those they can sell on/play long-term.

Basically a loan to the likes of Leipzig/Hoffenheim is counter-productive, the player needs to be so good that they simply have to throw the smarter long-term play of developing fully contracted players to the dogs, and that's rarely the case with youngsters.
Yea, I mean Oxford already had loans there and barely touched the pitch.

Gasolin

He'd better be with that name! Imagine being called "Messi Pirlo" and being shit at football.
I'd go for "Ronaldinho Messi", for some reason, they represent the best of everything: flair, technique, close control, shooting...