Entertainment forum spoiler policy

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’ve no idea how feasible this is and how hard it would be to enforce but is there any chance we could have some sort of spoiler policy implemented forum wide which matches the current Final Fantasy thread policy?

Basically, if you want to discuss a TV show, you spoiler the post with the warning being where you are currently up to. So something like:

A comment

Im often quite late in starting shows but it’s nice to read what people thought at the same stage. Threadmarks are a bit irrelevant when the whole season drops.

Last edited:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Personally I, as a random person who definitely didn't come up with the original FF policy, thinks it'd be a good idea - especially for shows like Stranger Things. Hardest thing would be enforcing it as mods don't enter every thread in there.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Personally I, as a random person who definitely didn't come up with the original FF policy, thinks it'd be a good idea - especially for shows like Stranger Things. Hardest thing would be enforcing it as mods don't enter every thread in there.
Maybe something that would be best moderated by the community rather than the burden being put on moderators? Considering you can't expect there to be a moderator that keeps up to date with every show.

Yourself or @Niall might have an idea/opinion on whether it would be overkill but perhaps every post in a TV Series thread should be spoilered and it's up to the poster to put what episode they are up to? I don't know how that could effect how threads are indexed by crawlers though?