Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthurka

Jesus we have been signing players from YouTube videos for a while now, we should probably leave it to the professionals from now on.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He was excellent against arsenal. The entire Brighton midfield was to be fair. They'd all walk into our team on that form
Some fans don't have any patience and were asking what happened to that young Ecuadorian midfielder who disappeared.

But it's obvious what happened and Brighton gave him time to develop and acclimatise to new surroundings and now they've got a young midfielder who looks as if he's going to contribute in the EPL for them and potentially make them a big profit on their investment.

Red00012

Funny that a player the forum thought was a champions League level centre mid solution got his first game for Brighton 80pc into the season
He’s 20 years old I wouldn’t be writing him off yet. In the space of a week he’s playing twice and they’ve beaten Arsenal and Spurs away

Crashoutcassius

He’s 20 years old I wouldn’t be writing him off yet. In the space of a week he’s playing twice and they’ve beaten Arsenal and Spurs away
I'm not writing him off. Just laughing at everyone having him in their XIs for the coming season based off the usual made up foreign journalist tweets and five mins of YouTube highlights

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I'm not writing him off. Just laughing at everyone having him in their XIs for the coming season based off the usual made up foreign journalist tweets and five mins of YouTube highlights
Because our CM options are much better right?

jeepers

Was everyone putting him into their XIs? I doubt it. Most were just crying out for a combative holding midfielder, and look how he turned out. Of course two games is a tiny sample, but would be interesting to see how he develops under less pressure at a smaller club. I think we didn’t get him because of the third party ownership bit, no idea how it works but the club thought it would probably be too much of a hassle.

Hopefully with the new structure we will be more willing to do such deals for players whom we deem fit to be worth the risk and outlay.

Ekeke

Throw the money at River Plate.
His goal was a penalty also. Alvarez was on the bench, so I guess that suggests that at 20 years old he's their backup penalty taker and scored which is a fair bit of responsibility at 20.

avgp_1

Like City did with his teammate Alvarez?
City have bought previously youth players from over there, Sarmiento, Garre. So them buying Alvarez is no surprise. It would be if we did buy this guy

Ekeke

City have bought previously youth players from over there, Sarmiento, Garre. So them buying Alvarez is no surprise. It would be if we did buy this guy
Only all the news is that hes not for the developmental network, he's for City. We'll find out in the summer but they dont have a proper reliable goalscoring striker and thats what he is

We signed Forlan from the Argentine league and Pellistri from the Uraguayan league which is weaker. We've signed young players from the Chiliean league and Africa

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Pre-assist :lol:
Getting ridiculous isn’t it?
No not really. If Iniesta dribbles past 2 players and then puts the ball out wide for Pedro to put the ball across the 6 yard box for a Messi tap in, then Iniesta did the hardest part.

If Scholes puts in a defence splitting 40 yard pass to Giggs, who then passes the ball across the 6 yard box for a Rooney tap in then Scholes did the hardest part.

There are so many great creative players that created the opening for the assist, with the assist not being possible otherwise.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
We never had a history buying from Uruguayan sides like Peñarol either but signed Pellistri. Who knows with our scouting. I wouldn't rule it out completely.

Trex

No not really. If Iniesta dribbles past 2 players and then puts the ball out wide for Pedro to put the ball across the 6 yard box for a Messi tap in, then Iniesta did the hardest part.

If Scholes puts in a defence splitting 40 yard pass to Giggs, who then passes the ball across the 6 yard box for a Rooney tap in then Scholes did the hardest part.

There are so many great creative players that created the opening for the assist, with the assist not being possible otherwise.
Yea u know right but it all doesn't need to be counted

Bestie07

Yeah, but a pre-assist can be a two yard pass as well! Can a player pre-assist himself?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We never learn from the baseless S. American tweets do we

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

I’ve watched enough football games to know the importance of such passes, it does not need a metric and I couldn’t give a feck if a player ends a season with 11 pre-assists is all. Even assist stats themselves are largely nonsense to me personally though.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I’ve watched enough football games to know the importance of such passes, it does not need a metric and I couldn’t give a feck if a player ends a season with 11 pre-assists is all. Even assist stats themselves are largely nonsense to me personally though.
Of course it does, and the fact that you think actual assists are largely nonsense is daft.

At the top level of sports, especially now with statistical and data analysis, it is important to monitor every aspect within the game. The more in depth the statistical analysis is, the more data coaches and managers have to work with to help them make decisions.

Regardless of whether we think a certain statistic is relevant as fans and viewers is irrelevant, these stats are there to help the coaches and staff to improve team performance.

If a player has 20 pre assists and 10 assists playing in the same position as another player who has 5 pre assists and 10 assists, you can start to gauge who the more creative, effective and efficient player is.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Of course it does, and the fact that you think actual assists are largely nonsense is daft.

At the top level of sports, especially now with statistical and data analysis, it is important to monitor every aspect within the game. The more in depth the statistical analysis is, the more data coaches and managers have to work with to help them make decisions.

Regardless of whether we think a certain statistic is relevant as fans and viewers is irrelevant, these stats are there to help the coaches and staff to improve team performance.

If a player has 20 pre assists and 10 assists playing in the same position as another player who has 5 pre assists and 10 assists, you can start to gauge who the more creative, effective and efficient player is.
I prefer to gauge who the more creative, effective and efficient player is by watching them. No two situations are the same on a football pitch, I personally don’t care for the micro statistical analysis personally, but I am aware that everyone else does.

dinostar77

I wonder how many pre-assists Paul Scholes had
David Silva must be the king of pre-assists. The amount of passes he provided before the actual assist was ridiculous, though it never transpired in FF stats. Do wonder if the pass before the actual assist should be a metric measured in FF. Would change some team selections in midfield.

phelans shorts

So what do we do about a full back who runs down the wing beating 2 players, lays it back for somebody to cross, the ball is knocked down and then scored by somebody else. The player who did the hard work deserves the pre pre assist surely?

For me I wouldn’t be looking at a single player without 17 pre pre pre pre pre pre pre assists a season tbqhwy

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

But you already have key passes and pass completion rate and percentage of passes played forward and all kinds of other metrics, I just think it's pointless double counting. Tbh I'm not even sure there's much merit in assists if you're counting key passes either. Is an assist better than a pre-assist? What about a pre-pre-assist?

Ekeke

Like we did when a foreign journalist linked us with Alvarez haha
More fuel to the fire

In 19/20 our new manager Ten Hag signed Lisandro Martinez from Defensa in Argentina. Today he's a starting CB for Ajax

Also Magallan 18/19 from Boca. That one hasnt gone so well with him mostly going out on loan

And Tagliafico in his first transfer window from Independiente in Jan 2018 who has been a mainstay at leftback

So thats 3 transfers from the Argentine league in 4 years at Ajax

Its very likely that its one of the leagues he has better info on for transfer targets to this point. That and the Netherlands of course

He also signed a bunch of players from Germany and England but a lot of those were dutch players playing overseas or in the case of Tadic, former players in the Netherlands rather than new finds

Crashoutcassius

More fuel to the fire

In 19/20 our new manager Ten Hag signed Lisandro Martinez from Defensa in Argentina. Today he's a starting CB for Ajax

Also Magallan 18/19 from Boca. That one hasnt gone so well with him mostly going out on loan

And Tagliafico in his first transfer window from Independiente in Jan 2018 who has been a mainstay at leftback

So thats 3 transfers from the Argentine league in 4 years at Ajax

Its very likely that its one of the leagues he has better info on for transfer targets to this point. That and the Netherlands of course

He also signed a bunch of players from Germany and England but a lot of those were dutch players playing overseas or in the case of Tadic, former players in the Netherlands rather than new finds
so what ar you saying, that when nothing foreign journalists link us to players in their league, even if it is a negotiation strategy 19/20 times, we should believe it?

Ekeke

so what ar you saying, that when nothing foreign journalists link us to players in their league, even if it is a negotiation strategy 19/20 times, we should believe it?
Im saying we've signed players from there before and more obscure locations and our new manager has signed players from there a lot in his previous job. Oh and his team mate was just signed by City

So its as good a chance as any other transfer rumour. Better than leagues Ten Hag hasnt signed players from for Ajax thats for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.