Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerryBerryShrew

He's a fine player but the money is mental. He's not more talented than Camavinga, and Real would bite your hand off if they were offered half of Enzo's buyout clause (although Camavinga wouldn't want to leave). I wouldn't pay more for him than Arse are paying for Caicedo but it seems that Chelsea's idea of negotiation is to basically go in high and make it clear that they are willing to go higher.

peridigm

This transfer gives me the Felix vibes. Huge money post WC. Let's see where he and Chelsea are 4 years from now.

footballbite

He's a fine player but the money is mental. He's not more talented than Camavinga, and Real would bite your hand off if they were offered half of Enzo's buyout clause
Although Fernandez started and starred for Argentina's team as they beat France in the World Cup final, while Camavinga was on the France bench.

Genuine question for everyone out there - who, if anyone, seems a better prospect in central midfield out there right now than Fernandez?

Even more so, are there any top drawer young CMs who aren't yet already at a big club that won't sell a la Barca or Real?

One mentioned might be Caicedo, though Fernandez currently seems a better prospect than him. Are there any other possibilities a bit younger e.g. just making their debuts?

If Chelsea get Enzo and Barca won't sell FDJ, who can Utd get to replace /support Eriksen or Casemiro in the next season or two? And please not Rice.

matsdf

Him too. Madrid signed him after the 2014 WC right? Didn't Felix go to AM after the 2018 WC for like 120m?
Madrid signed James after the 2014 WC, yes. Felix however didn't play for Portugal until 2019. Probably thinking of someone else.

Rolaholic

Seriously, does FFP not apply anymore?

Gonna be close to 700m spent since the summer if this goes through...that's absurd

bringbackbebe

So this takes their spending to 600m in one season? They've probably signed more players than the number of goals they've scored. All the talking seems to be off the football pitch.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
This is my football manager on editor mode ffs.

I really hope this goes pear-shaped and somehow knocks them out of existence.

Abraxas

They'll probably put him on an 8 year deal as well. So I guess FFP is not that difficult to navigate and for me there isn't much wrong with that because it's risk/reward and why can't a club give whatever contract they want. They're taking some gigantic gambles on these players though.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Although Fernandez started and starred for Argentina's team as they beat France in the World Cup final, while Camavinga was on the France bench.

Genuine question for everyone out there - who, if anyone, seems a better prospect in central midfield out there right now than Fernandez?

Even more so, are there any top drawer young CMs who aren't yet already at a big club that won't sell a la Barca or Real?

One mentioned might be Caicedo, though Fernandez currently seems a better prospect than him. Are there any other possibilities a bit younger e.g. just making their debuts?

If Chelsea get Enzo and Barca won't sell FDJ, who can Utd get to replace /support Eriksen or Casemiro in the next season or two? And please not Rice.
Quite a lot. Brighton has seen proving this every year. There is a huge market out there and it's upto us who we can sign.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Gonna be close to 700m spent since the summer if this goes through...that's absurd
I suspect the focus is to avoid the updated FFP rules.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
What doesn't make sense is for €700m, a team like United could have bought

Rice AND Bellingham, Skrininar AND Marquinos, Kane And Osimhen

bringbackbebe

They'll probably put him on an 8 year deal as well. So I guess FFP is not that difficult to navigate and for me there isn't much wrong with that because it's risk/reward and why can't a club give whatever contract they want. They're taking some gigantic gambles on these players though.
Given they're most likely not going to be in the Champions League next year, they'll put 3 generations of his family on contract to comply with FFP. Bohelynomics.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't wait for him to flop now. That'll be fun :D

romufc

Is it me or I dont actually mind Chelsea spending 120m on him.

I get he is a good player but 120m is just a joke really.

BlueHaze

Pretty much a done deal then. An incredible player for them but holy cow that price!!!

Judas

Open to offers
Is it me or I dont actually mind Chelsea spending 120m on him.

I get he is a good player but 120m is just a joke really.
Yeah I think it’s a funny and ridiculous use of money on someone who isn’t a sure thing in the slightest. He could do brilliantly, but for that sort of money, he must. Well to a normal club, doesn’t seem to matter to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.