Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Another player we should have signed when it was between us and smaller clubs. When fans are doing a better job than your actual scouts. Major club indeed. Chelsea will pay the release. It’s way too much but he’s excellent, every inch a topPL player in waiting. They seem like they are aggressively sorting out their spine. Good striker and they’ll be no joke.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Another player we should have signed when it was between us and smaller clubs. When fans are doing a better job than your actual scouts. Major club indeed. Chelsea will pay the release. It’s way too much but he’s excellent, every inch a topPL player in waiting. They seem like they are aggressively sorting out their spine. Good striker and they’ll be no joke.
I mean every club in the world passed on him other than Benfica but you do you

José Mateus

Supports
Benfica
No reason whatsoever to sell the player in January.
Either pay the release clause or f*ck off.

Mainoldo

So the potentially "new" owner of Man Utd in the summer and probably the unknown and unidentified new DOF is interested in Enzo Fernandez's service. Great.
Sorry to break it to you. There probably won’t be much chopping and changing… But good. Last thing we need is a Todd Boehly fiasco.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
Maybe you should write your motivation letter to scouting team and fix the problem?

Because there are numerous examples where a team has missed a future superstar - Zlatan in Arsenal, Chelsea has loads of them (Robben, Salah, De Bruyne) and so on. It happens, nobody can predict the future. Liverpool has bought flops, so has everyone else. There is no guarantee in football and players.

ElectroManiac

Good that he is staying so we can have a go at getting him in the Summer hopefully with new owners.

A midfield of Enzo Casemiro and Bruno would be pretty strong and our best in years

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I have a gut feeling we’ll just end up triggering the release clause closer to the deadline.
Seeing your situation you might have to, you're in deep shit.
Might as well flex those muscles now as your chances of making the top 4 grows slimmer by the day.

Milo2035

IMO we should go for the other Argentine central midfielder who is better, much cheaper and already proven himself in PL.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
What makes you put De Jong ahead of Bellingham just out of interest
If you ask me, the manager knows the player well and will have a role defined for him. He will settle in easily. Wont have a burden of a huge price tag.

Hanky panky

I prefer FDJ, Bellingham and Enzo in that order.
Bellingham, Enzo and FDJ in that order. I have feeling that FDJ will never be a player what everybody expected. He is also older than these two and imo weakest player of them already/currently. Enzo and Jude will have a better career. But, I'm pretty sure Jude will go elsewhere. So i would be very happy with Enzo next summer.

Trex

Frenkie, Enzo, Bellingham in that order. Bellingham skillset doesn't fit the profile we need in my opinion. We need someone who would be the heartbeat of our play, a Xavi, Scholes, Kroos. Bellingham is more a Lampard, Gerrard.

croadyman

Frenkie, Enzo, Bellingham in that order. Bellingham skillset doesn't fit the profile we need in my opinion. We need someone who would be the heartbeat of our play, a Xavi, Scholes, Kroos. Bellingham is more a Lampard, Gerrard.
Yeah I think De Jong suits what we need the best out of those three,however will he ever have guts to leave Barca

Trex

Yeah I think De Jong suits what we need the best out of those three,however will he ever have guts to leave Barca
Yeah I think so to, so I feel we should be all in for Enzo in the summer. I think a top CM and a top striker and we'll become genuine title contenders.

glasgow 21

Yeah I think so to, so I feel we should be all in for Enzo in the summer. I think a top CM and a top striker and we'll become genuine title contenders.
Who on the board, if the rumours are true, ignored Rangnick when we were linked with Alvarez and Enzo. From the numbers 40million would have got both of them. Maybe I'm wrong and its paper talk but i do remember checking out Enzo at the time and seemed the links were strong until it was obvious Rangnick wasn't getting a penny to spend. That's 2 january windows in a row that no money has been spent.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Based on how those negotiations went, I highly doubt Chelsea are able to throw 120 million upfront in one payment. Will probably try again in the summer, but they will have competition.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Seeing your situation you might have to, you're in deep shit.
Might as well flex those muscles now as your chances of making the top 4 grows slimmer by the day.
I think our situation is worsened 10x by the endless list of injuries, hence why we agreed to the stupid deal for Felix. But yeah, pouncing on Enzo now, despite his eye watering release clause might just be the prudent thing to do.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'd take Enzo over FJD. Bellingham I've seen little of but he looks more box to box and I don't think he suits us.

Erik the Red

I agree that FDJ would probably improve us the most, as Casemiro and Bruno fill the other two positions, and Eriksen can't play 90 minutes twice a week.

However, the three of them together would be a pretty awesome midfield, and I think they would blend really well. Much better balanced than Real Madrid's three of Tchoameni, Camavinga and Valverde.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I have a gut feeling we’ll just end up triggering the release clause closer to the deadline.
If you could, you would have already. I don't think with FFP it would actually be possible to spend that much in 1 lump sum. You'd end up with zero breathing room for any other players.

The offer you gave sounded pretty fair, but I guess Benfica are banking on summers in the offer being in cash.

bosskeano

kid has a release clause and you're going to see probably every big team come in for his this summer....kid will have his choice of where to go, how much money to make so will it be a sporting choice or wages that win out

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I wonder when the EPL clubs will stop paying ransom for these high potential young players. Every of them cost 100m to the EPL clubs. No other clubs are paying these amount, not even PSG (not including Mbappe).

croadyman

I wonder when the EPL clubs will stop paying ransom for these high potential young players. Every of them cost 100m to the EPL clubs. No other clubs are paying these amount, not even PSG (not including Mbappe).
Supposedly Ralf advised the club to go for people like him, Diaz or Alvarez but didn't wanna know

Status
Not open for further replies.