Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyScout78

Unless De Jong shows actual willingness to leave we won't go back for him
He's a key starter now and heavily touted to be Busquets' successor. As long as both Barca and FDJ make it clear early they have no intention to separate we won't go on another wild goose chase
Yeah i hope ETH has given up on FDJ to be really honest. I really like the new kid on the street. A new kid in the game Enzo.

Enzo has same steady and consistent mentality as FDJ. And football skill i think Enzo is up there with FDJ or not far away from it.
FDJ is on top level when it come to basic ball skills from a CM position. But after looking closely on what Enzo can do with and without the ball. I have come to the end decision that Enzo is close to complete as you can get. As a cm player.

And to be really really honest. I would be more happy with Enzo singings after Sir Alex retirement. Enzo is the signing and factor it will give me belief and confidence that he is one of the big reason and puzzle. To create the bigger picture = United a dominate and winning team again.
And that team demand top players. Special on central spine positions = GK, CB,CM and CF

Bojan Djordjic

Don't see Benfica sell him less than 60m pounds
I would snap him up for that price. Think when a player like this is available for a reasonable price like that you bite the bullet. We dithered for a season with Tchouameni and his price rocketed in that time and all the super clubs became interested.

Dorris

From what I’ve seen of him (YouTube videos only) he doesn’t seem like the type who can break the press by dropping a shoulder, which I think is what we’re crying out for. Stand to be corrected but he almost seems too similar to what we already have.

SAF is the GOAT

I would snap him up for that price. Think when a player like this is available for a reasonable price like that you bite the bullet. We dithered for a season with Tchouameni and his price rocketed in that time and all the super clubs became interested.
What are you talking about ? "That price" ?
He's a player that moved this summer from the Argentine League

Bojan Djordjic

What are you talking about ? "That price" ?
He's a player that moved this summer from the Argentine League
What's your point? Players actually go up in price with experience. He's been dominating in the Champions League and has world leading metrics at just 22. He's as much a cert to be world class as there is barring injury.

Bojan Djordjic

From what I’ve seen of him (YouTube videos only) he doesn’t seem like the type who can break the press by dropping a shoulder, which I think is what we’re crying out for. Stand to be corrected but he almost seems too similar to what we already have.
He's not a dribbler but he's excellent at progressing the ball from deep via his excellent passing and is very secure in possession so he's basically not another Fred where he's susceptible to being dispossessed in deep positions. Obviously EtH wanted Frenkie and while he's very different in how he progresses the ball (fdj does it through carries), he's a lot more secure in defence and has the ability to dictate and control play in midfield.

IFC 1905

not because I'm argentinian, but between De Jong and Enzo, to me it's a no brainer.

Enzo can dictate the games offensively and also is excellent defensively, you can actually have him replacing either Casemiro or Eriksen, he can do both at top level.

And also he has this fire or passion you guys call it the south american thing, but here we can actually see who has it and who doesn't have it, and Enzo certainly is similar to Lisandro in that sense.

bosskeano

I don't really see it as an alternative. In addition to a striker, sure. We simply can't afford not to sign a striker. It is critical.
problem is finding a striker in january that is a guy we really want and can contribute will NOT be easy to find in january. most of those guys are playing on CL teams.

mav_9me

not because I'm argentinian, but between De Jong and Enzo, to me it's a no brainer.

Enzo can dictate the games offensively and also is excellent defensively, you can actually have him replacing either Casemiro or Eriksen, he can do both at top level.

And also he has this fire or passion you guys call it the south american thing, but here we can actually see who has it and who doesn't have it, and Enzo certainly is similar to Lisandro in that sense.
That makes it even more of a must get for CM.

Does he start for Argentina?

avgp_1

Game changer and well before that goal. What a sublime passer

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Was looking forward to watching him after hearing all the hype during the season. Looks class. Looks their best midfielder easily.

ElectroManiac

Please United sign this guy in the summer. He is the midfielder we need.

Bruno
Enzo Casemiro
This midfield plus a CF that can bring othets in to play would dominate most premier leage teams.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That's his release clause anyway apparently.

He was recommended by Rangnick too according to reports, between him and Nkunku, our problems would look a lot less had we took his recommendations on board and acted on them.
Which reports said Ragnick recommended him?

He was likely recommended by the club's head of South American scouting, Jose Mayorga, like Moises Caicedo was.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Someone said it on here somewhere.
I wouldn't believe what's written on here, mate.

Rangnick was a football manager/head coach for the majority of his career and he then became a football administrator after the wealthy businessman Dietmar Hopp took over at Hoffenheim. And the players that were signed under him, were those players that were identified by the scouts at the club. And at Hoffenheim, the head scout was Christian Mockel, who was identifying the players to sign and not Rangnick. And Rangnick himself mentioned a number of players that he told United to sign, but those players were obvious choices that the average fan would point out.

So it's logical to assume that United's new head of recruitment (Jose Mayorga) who is from South America, was the one who put forth the name of Enzo Fernandez and previously Moises Caicedo.

mav_9me

I missed the 2nd half. How was his performance other than the sensational goal?

pascell

I wouldn't believe what's written on here, mate.

Rangnick was a football manager/head coach for the majority of his career and he then became a football administrator after the wealthy businessman Dietmar Hopp took over at Hoffenheim. And the players that were signed under him, were those players that were identified by the scouts at the club. And at Hoffenheim, the head scout was Christian Mockel, who was identifying the players to sign and not Rangnick. And Rangnick himself mentioned a number of players that he told United to sign, but those players were obvious choices that the average fan would point out.

So it's logical to assume that United's new head of recruitment (Jose Mayorga) who is from South America, was the one who put forth the name of Enzo Fernandez and previously Moises Caicedo.
True, I'd presumed he'd read it somewhere.

I never knew we had a new head of recruitment, hopefully he has a few more gems under his sleeve.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
True, I'd presumed he'd read it somewhere.

I never knew we had a new head of recruitment, hopefully he has a few more gems under his sleeve.
Simon Wells and Jose Mayorga are in charge of recruitment from what's been reported. And they've replaced Bout and Lawlor at the top of the scouting chain. It remains to be seen how they do in their new roles, because there isn't a lot of information regards their credentials, which is normal. Their credentials can only be determined by people who work within the field in question. But it's interesting to see that we've promoted a Argentine national in a head of scouting capacity, which I'm hoping will give us a edge in the South American continent, which is a market I feel we should be tapping into more often.

If a club has top class recruiters in a scouting capacity, then a football administrator/Football director will take the credit for their good work. But if the recruitment team fail, then it will reflect badly on the football administrator/football director.

There seems to be a misconception surrounding the role of the DoF, where certain fans seem to be believe that only a select few people have some sort of special codes which unlock football at the highest level. But the reality is that, what is actually happening at these successful clubs is a very simple process which we've only put in place this year. Prior to that we've kept empowering the respective managers who were developing teams which didn't correlate to the modern day reality. And our fans blindly wanted the club to keep backing these football managers which has contributed to us falling way behind the competition.

We need football people to run the football side of the club. But we want football people who understand both the structural processes on the football side and also the changing landscape when it comes to the football that is being played in the present day.

Sorry for derailing the thread, back to discussing Enzo Fernandez.

Last edited:

the_cliff

Simon Wells and Jose Mayorga are in charge of recruitment from what's been reported. And they've replaced Bout and Lawlor at the top of the scouting chain. It remains to be seen how they do in their new roles, because there isn't a lot of information regards their credentials, which is normal. Their credentials can only be determined by people who work within the field in question. But it's interesting to see that we've promoted a Argentine national in a head of scouting capacity, which I'm hoping will give us a edge in the South American continent, which is a market I feel we should be tapping into more often.

If a club has top class recruiters in a scouting capacity, then a football administrator/Football director will take the credit for their good work. But if the recruitment team fail, then it will reflect badly on the football administrator/football director.

There seems to be a misconception surrounding the role of the DoF, where certain fans seem to be believe that only a select few people have some sort of special codes which unlock football at the highest level. But the reality is that, what is actually happening at these successful clubs is a very simple process which we've only put in place this year. Prior to that we've kept empowering the respective managers who were developing teams which didn't correlate to the modern day reality. And our fans blindly wanted the club to keep backing these football managers which has contributed to us falling way behind the competition.

We need football people to run the football side of the club. But we want football people who understand both the structural processes on the football side and also the changing landscape when it comes to the football that is being played in the present day.

Sorry for detailing the thread, back to discussing Enzo Fernandez.
Well if this Jose Mayorga is new and he has recommended Enzo and Caicedo as you mentioned, it bodes well for our future as I believe we've been lacking in the scouting department for some time.

Brighton seem to be doing well in the South American market snapping up Enciso and Caceido.

pascell

Sorry for detailing the thread, back to discussing Enzo Fernandez.
Don't be sorry, I appreciate the detailed reply.

I agree on the comment that we don't tap into the Argentina talent pool enough.

mav_9me

Don't be sorry, I appreciate the detailed reply.

I agree on the comment that we don't tap into the Argentina talent pool enough.
South America.

I might be missing someone but have we ever had world class South Americans in their prime like Martinez and Casemiro? Veron should have been but didn't pan out. Ronaldinho could have been. AdM didn't pan out either.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
South America.

I might be missing someone but have we ever had world class South Americans in their prime like Martinez and Casemiro? Veron should have been but didn't pan out. Ronaldinho could have been. AdM didn't pan out either.
Tevez, Heinze, Anderson (not much of a peak - didn't see the world class requirement). And Antonio Valencia

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Well if this Jose Mayorga is new and he has recommended Enzo and Caicedo as you mentioned, it bodes well for our future as I believe we've been lacking in the scouting department for some time.

Brighton seem to be doing well in the South American market snapping up Enciso and Caceido.
It's why I believe we will go back in for one or both of Enzo and Caicedo. But we might need a new ownership group in place before the summer window to nab both.

mav_9me

Tevez, Heinze, Anderson (not much of a peak - didn't see the world class requirement). And Antonio Valencia
Only Tevez comes close. Even he wasn't so fantastic, considering we replaced him with Berbatov without really missing him

Status
Not open for further replies.