Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
They will never see an offer this size for Enzo past this window.
Not sure about that. For start Chelsea will come back again in the summer and with many clubs being linked with Bellingham, Rice or de Jong they might see a bigger value in Enzo who is far more easier to build around in midfield. Considering that the WC will still be fresh in people's mind and considering the market in which every big talent goes for around or close to 100 million there is nothing to suggest Benfica won't get similiar fee come summer time.

Enzo is not slowing down in terms of form and could even have a deep CL run with Benfica going against Club Brugge in the last 16.

Looking overall, Chelsea should try to finish the deal now if possible. Am quite certain there will be more clubs interested in the summer.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I hope not. Enzo would have to be an imbecile to sign up to Chelsea for such a long time.
Why? People act like one really poor season means Chelsea will be in the mud for the foreseeable future.

Just last season loads of Arsenal fans were calling Arteta terrible, saying he was out of his depth, and wanted him gone. They were absolutely slaughtering their club hierarchy for their transfer work. A year later and they’re favorites to win the league now and their transfers have been brilliant.

Just last season United fans called it the lowest point in your recent history. There were posters all over this forum saying you’d bin every member of this squad except for DDG, including the now red hot Marcus Rashford. Players like Shaw, Dalot, and Bruno were slated and called trash on a weekly basis.

Just last season Liverpool were insane and could’ve won a quadruple. Now they’re in the mud here with Chelsea.

Goes to show you that things can change in football extremely rapidly. We get James and Kante back, we get a new midfielder to replace Jorginho, and the likes of Mudryk, Nkunku, Félix etc settle and we will have one hell of a squad. We’re at rock bottom now but won’t be for long.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Why? People act like one really poor season means Chelsea will be in the mud for the foreseeable future.

Just last season loads of Arsenal fans were calling Arteta terrible, saying he was out of his depth, and wanted him gone. They were absolutely slaughtering their club hierarchy for their transfer work. A year later and they’re favorites to win the league now and their transfers have been brilliant.

Just last season United fans called it the lowest point in your recent history. There were posters all over this forum saying you’d bin every member of this squad except for DDG, including the now red hot Marcus Rashford. Players like Shaw, Dalot, and Bruno were slated and called trash in a weekly basis.

Just last season Liverpool were insane and could’ve won a quadruple. Now they’re in the mud here with Chelsea.

Shows to show you that things can change in football extremely rapidly. We get James and Kante back, we get a new midfielder to replace Jorginho, and the likes of Mudryk, Nkunku, Félix etc settle and we will have one hell of a squad. We’re at rock bottom now but won’t be for long.
I can’t remember where Chelsea finished the season before they won the league (under Conte I think) but yeah, they went from being awful to being a machine in one season too.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Not sure about that. For start Chelsea will come back again in the summer and with many clubs being linked with Bellingham, Rice or de Jong they might see a bigger value in Enzo who is far more easier to build around in midfield. Considering that the WC will still be fresh in people's mind and considering the market in which every big talent goes for around or close to 100 million there is nothing to suggest Benfica won't get similiar fee come summer time.

Enzo is not slowing down in terms of form and could even have a deep CL run with Benfica going against Club Brugge in the last 16.
You can count the number of clubs that can offer 120m in one hand. I am not sure if clubs other than Chelsea value him as a 120m player. I personally don't. (Just like Ben White is never a 50m defender). We shall see.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Just last season United fans called it the lowest point in your recent history. There were posters all over this forum saying you’d bin every member of this squad except for DDG, including the now red hot Marcus Rashford. Players like Shaw, Dalot, and Bruno were slated and called trash on a weekly basis.

Goes to show you that things can change in football extremely rapidly. We get James and Kante back, we get a new midfielder to replace Jorginho, and the likes of Mudryk, Nkunku, Félix etc settle and we will have one hell of a squad. We’re at rock bottom now but won’t be for long.
The question mark is always the manager, so it really depends on who Chelsea bring in or if they stick with Potter. Guys like Luis Enrique are available though so yeah Chelsea could be much better next year. If Potter stays then I'd be sceptical though.

arthurka

Think he would be wise to wait until the summer window opens, Chelsea are in all kinds of problems he might have all the best options available to him this summer.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
You can count the number of clubs that can offer 120m in one hand. I am not sure if clubs other than Chelsea value him as a 120m player. I personally don't. (Just like Ben White is never a 50m defender). We shall see.
Oh, we are talking about €120m. Well, that's his release clause, so they might as well just trigger it if it won't get them in trouble with FFP. That is also €35m more than their previous offer.

But bellow that or an offer of around 100 million and I think Benfica is likely to get similiar amount in the summer. Meaning, they shouldn't sell, especially because he can help them in CL.

mav_9me

Now that Arsenal have been linked with Rice, hopefully Chelsea will go for him and leave Enzo.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Would love to sign him but the WC has just distorted his price immensely. Either that, or I'm getting too old, and this is the "going rate" for someone of his age/potential?

Before anyone brings up the Antony fee - i know we overpaid quite a bit for him due to "other factors".

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Would love to sign him but the WC has just distorted his price immensely. Either that, or I'm getting too old, and this is the "going rate" for someone of his age/potential?

Before anyone brings up the Antony fee - i know we overpaid quite a bit for him due to "other factors".
You don’t get players for cheaper than the release clause if they have one. You want it, you pay it.

DanClancy

You can count on one finger who'd pay 120m for Fernandez and even then its going to depends on how they sell this summer. Chelsea clearly have not put themselves in the strongest bargaining position with everyone knowing their desperate to sell and with CL football looking unlikely Chelsea might not be back in for him at that price.

romufc

I can’t remember where Chelsea finished the season before they won the league (under Conte I think) but yeah, they went from being awful to being a machine in one season too.
Your inability to use google is funny.

cotumely

Supports
Chelsea
Hopefully Arsenal get Rice. Chelsea can do better than him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This one looks like it could potentially be back on. Nothing from the UK ITKs yet but an Argentinian reporter, whose reliability I have no idea about, is saying Chelsea are back in with an improved offer for Enzo.

More on the subject Enzo Fernández: Chelsea informed Benfica that they are willing to improve the offer to € 120M without players involved, but in various payments.
* ️⃣ For now, Rui Costa continues with his position of not parting with him. The footballer remains on the sidelines.

Mainoldo

This one looks like it could potentially be back on. Nothing from the UK ITKs yet but an Argentinian reporter, whose reliability I have no idea about, is saying Chelsea are back in with an improved offer for Enzo.

Straight cash or nothing.

They don’t need the money. I don’t think Ed Boehly understands.

bosskeano

ffs...how much money are they going to spend in one window

when is ffp going to step in and ask just how many senior players do you have registered???

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
As annoying as it must be to lose a good player Benfica must be pissing themselves at the return they're getting on a lad they only signed 6 months ago.

TheReligion

Abusive
I absolutely loathe Chelsea.
I’m not sure what’s worse. The way they are throwing millions of pounds around like confetti when people can barely afford to pay their bills or cook a hot meal or the way their fans seem to thoroughly enjoy showing off about it.

Quite distasteful and disturbing at the same time.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I’m not sure what’s worse. The way they are throwing millions of pounds around like confetti when people can barely afford to pay their bills or cook a hot meal or the way their fans seem to thoroughly enjoy showing off about it.

Quite distasteful and disturbing at the same time.
Chelsea fans are the absolute worst on Twitter and that’s saying something. They call Boehly Daddy ffs.

BlueHaze

If they are stupid enough to pay that price for 1 player it is only positive because in the future clubs are now going to rinse them and milk them dry for every single target.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I saw a chart of "total transfer fees received" over the past decade for all clubs and Benfica were second iirc.
Over 1bn isn't it? They're incredible sellers, has to be said. Produced some very good players over the years too.
If they are stupid enough to pay that price for 1 player it is only positive because in the future clubs are now going to rinse them and milk them dry.
In fairness they're already being milked dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.