Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Steve

Is their team just going to be a bunch of talented, high potential young players next season?

I know the old Alan Hansen adage of ‘You won’t win anything with kids’ gets laughed at from our quarters, but there is some truth to it.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Is their team just going to be a bunch of talented, high potential young players next season?

I know the old Alan Hansen adage of ‘You won’t win anything with kids’ gets laughed at from our quarters, but there is some truth to it.
Werid post in a world cup winning CMs thread

BorisManUtd

Chelsea are crazy :lol: wonder what they'll do about ST position if they decide Havertz is not good enough. Also Lukaku should be back from Milan in June.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't think it's right what they are doing, they really are taking it to another level, and are taking advantage of the fact Abramovich debt was wiped out and the new ownership has the benefit of the start of a 3 year cycle in terms of FFP. I'll be honest, I'd prefer some sort of spending cap or something like that, because it's all just getting out of hand.

I just think comparing football spending to real life cost of living crisis doesn't work because football, and English football in general is just horrible as feck in terms of spending in general.
I'm with you on the last part, cost of living has nothing to do with football, that's what policticans are supposed to be for

SAFMUTD

Won't lie, I'm jealous of Chelsea's spending. It's ridiculous how much they're spending and the quality of players they're getting in about 5 months.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
But you're just going for players who are obtainable now, which doesn't mean they are the right players long term.

Why not wait and just outbid other clubs for players like Bellingham, Rice, or Osimhen, in the summer? I'm not saying these are the right players either, it just seems you're saying, right they look like a good player let's get them, rather than giving the players you've already got some time under Potter, and then letting him decide what is needed, and then who he wants, there is no way he wants all this to happen so quickly, he'll be under massive pressure to make it work very quickly, which is a big ask.
They probably won't be able to do so, UEFA have already said that they are going to put measures in place to stop this kind of spending in future

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Chelsea are crazy :lol: wonder what they'll do about ST position if they decide Havertz is not good enough. Also Lukaku should be back from Milan in June.
They'll have Nkunku coming in the summer don't they? Assume he's their striker.

SinNombre

Won't lie, I'm jealous of Chelsea's spending. It's ridiculous how much they're spending and the quality of players they're getting in about 5 months.
You won’t be jealous when the PE guys start extracting their pound of flesh in a year from now.

Chelsea are mortgaging their long term future.

StiffTackle

Out of interest, which players theyve signed are you particularly impressed by?

Enzo would be impressive if they get him and Mudryk looks talented but are the rest of them that special?

Nero

This place never fails to go all drama queen whenever a rival signs a player. Never go full drama queen.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
The main draw back for us is, by the time our money comes, the stores will be empty.
I hope they never get team chemistry and cycle through mangers.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
You won’t be jealous when the PE guys start extracting their pound of flesh in a year from now.

As part of the takeover deal the new ownership is not allowed to take any money out of the club until a decade after the sale.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
You implied that I was gloating like that Twitter post when infact its the complete opposite. :lol:

More puzzled why he wants to make the transfer now!
Not gloating, just this idea that he wants Chelsea that I disagree with.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Nkunku will be our primary forward I think. Perhaps Joao Félix will play there as well if we decide to buy him permanently. If we don’t bring Félix in for good then I think we give Havertz 1 more season. Don’t think both of them will stay.

Can’t picture us going for a traditional #9 any time soon.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Do you have the memory of a goldfish?
Don’t ruin his narrative, United never spend, despite having the highest net spend in the whole world over the past decade. But remember we don’t spend. We got Maguire, Pogba, Lukaku, Sancho, Antony, Casemiro and Co for a packet of crisps and 20 pence.

croadyman

Yeah you're right, that was pretty insufferable of me - apologies if I came across as some sort of gloating bellend; that wasn't my intent.
You are lucky and got sold quick whereas we have to wait and can't sign players for money to help our paper thin squad either

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Don't see Antony like this
We took Ajax’s manager, captain and then vastly overpaid for a player they insisted wasn’t for sale right before the deadline - ala Chelsea now. I get it has been a whole 5 months since we spent 220m and Weghorst isn’t a shiny enough toy to placate your appetite but this whole THE WORLD IS ENDING SIGN PLAYERS NOW act you have in every thread is really tedious.

BorisManUtd

Nkunku will be our primary forward I think. Perhaps Joao Félix will play there as well if we decide to buy him permanently. If we don’t bring Félix in for good then I think we give Havertz 1 more season. Don’t think both of them will stay.

Can’t picture us going for a traditional #9 any time soon.
I forgot about Nkunku, you're right. You'll be fine with all the recent signings, I just hope the struggle continues until the end of this season at least :D

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea

I'm not sure what their plan is. Spend money like mad men, turn football in to the NFL ? Profit ?

A lot of the deals have been dire value by any traditional metrics.

Guess they might be geniuses or we'll be the next club with Barcelona esq financial crisis.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm not sure what their plan is. Spend money like mad men, turn football in to the NFL ? Profit ?

A lot of the deals have been dire value by any traditional metrics.

Guess they might be geniuses or we'll be the next club with Barcelona esq financial crisis.
Sink loads of money in now then chill out for the next decade like Liverpool owners presumably wanted to.

SinNombre

As part of the takeover deal the new ownership is not allowed to take any money out of the club until a decade after the sale.
They have already injected 500 of the 750m that they were planning to over 10 years in team recruitment.

And PE firms, unlike Abra, are not going to run Chelsea as a charity. There are many ways to get money out of a club which are not dividends.

croadyman

We took Ajax’s manager, captain and then vastly overpaid for a player they insisted wasn’t for sale right before the deadline - ala Chelsea now. I get it has been a whole 5 months since we spent 220m and Weghorst isn’t a shiny enough toy to placate your appetite but this whole THE WORLD IS ENDING SIGN PLAYERS NOW act you have in every thread is really tedious.
Yeah we did but that vastly overpaying has cost us a damn chance at signing someone this window when we really needed some depth

SAFMUTD

Out of interest, which players theyve signed are you particularly impressed by?

Enzo would be impressive if they get him and Mudryk looks talented but are the rest of them that special?
Badiashile, Fofana, Malo Gusto all good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.