Enzo Fernández | signs for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegadrivePerson

How depressing that if we had a south america scout who actually did his job and had a pair of eyes then we could have signed:

Caicedo £5m
Enzo Fernandez £14m

From only a limited amount of scouting it was clear these were top top talents. Honest all 3 were absolutely destroying the opposition at their former clubs. We are a joke.

Genuinely think many of us on here could do a better job than those employed at the club.
The fact that they ended up at Brighton and Benfica means that lots of other big clubs didn't fancy them either! Very few players go directly from playing in South America to playing for a top 6 Premier League club. Most of the time it's too big a step up for them.

MUFC OK

The fact that they ended up at Brighton and Benfica means that lots of other big clubs didn't fancy them either! Very few players go directly from playing in South America to playing for a top 6 Premier League club. Most of the time it's too big a step up for them.
Both are ready for the step up already though. Caicedo took a couple of seasons but Enzo was clearly ready, he's only been at Benfica for 3 months.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Both are ready for the step up already though. Caicedo took a couple of seasons but Enzo was clearly ready, he's only been at Benfica for 3 months.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. The amount of players the Caf have hyped up who’ve turned out as a damp squib is high as well. As @MegadrivePerson said, a lot of top clubs didn’t go for these guys - not just us. Does that mean every team is as useless as us?

romufc

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. The amount of players the Caf have hyped up who’ve turned out as a damp squib is high as well. As @MegadrivePerson said, a lot of top clubs didn’t go for these guys - not just us. Does that mean every team is as useless as us?
Exactly this. There is a reason these players go to teams like Brighton, Benfica so that they can get regular football and improve.

Some may be instant hit, some may take a while and some may not live up to their expectation.

Its too big of a risk for top clubs to take, they get 2/3 games and if they do not show anything, they are benched.

Whereas, for smaller clubs, they can have a few bad games and it goes under the radar.

Caiciedo might be ready but its almost 2 years before he became a starter.

LuckyScout78

I m really impressive. For somehow i just discovered him last day. After checking out the Portugal table. Why Benfica had only concede 6 goals out of 12 games. 0.5 games each matches and scoring over 30 goals. 11 win and 1 draw and finsihed above PSG in champion league.

One of the reason is this guy.

Ten Hag shall drop FDJ and go for this guys and the complete CM instead. Both good in the defensive, build up and the offensive.

Close to complet CM as you can get.

Current MV is at 35 mill euros. But you know it is actually closer to 60 mill euros. I would pay 50-60 mill euros to Benfica in January. And with only half year of having him. Profit 4-5 x times they paid for him.
Fair and good price for both sellers and buyers club. The boy is only 21 and really high quality player. Hard and difficult to argument a price under 50 mill euros plus add ons.

The boy is the real deal. I just love his determination with the ball. Passion, guts and top determination in everything he is doing.

This boy. Kim Jae and Victor Osihmnen?
Central spine Top CB - Top CM and Top CF. Then we are talking closer to the premier league title

KeanoMagicHat

It's that kind of "safe" buying that ends up our bad transfer strategy though. In fact, given the sort of players we sign, you wouldn't even need a scouting department. Like last year's summer, Sancho, Ronaldo and Varane - someone could have bought them off the top of their head as well known players in world football. We keep hearing about how Ronaldo is such a born winner - yeah years ago.

Then that summer where we bought Harry Maguire when we needed a centre back, the most famous centre back in your country. I like Casemiro, but again like any fan from the street could have decided to buy him. He's good but that's why he cost £60 million, why Maguire cost £80 million, why Ronaldo is on £500k a week. Just buying the famous player because they're afraid to take a risk on a Fernandez or Caicedo.

Erik the Red

I m really impressive. For somehow i just discovered him last day. After checking out the Portugal table. Why Benfica had only concede 6 goals out of 12 games. 0.5 games each matches and scoring over 30 goals. 11 win and 1 draw and finsihed above PSG in champion league.

One of the reason is this guy.

Ten Hag shall drop FDJ and go for this guys and the complete CM instead. Both good in the defensive, build up and the offensive.

Close to complet CM as you can get.

Current MV is at 35 mill euros. But you know it is actually closer to 60 mill euros. I would pay 50-60 mill euros to Benfica in January. And with only half year of having him. Profit 4-5 x times they paid for him.
Fair and good price for both sellers and buyers club. The boy is only 21 and really high quality player. Hard and difficult to argument a price under 50 mill euros plus add ons.

The boy is the real deal. I just love his determination with the ball. Passion, guts and top determination in everything he is doing.

This boy. Kim Jae and Victor Osihmnen?
Central spine Top CB - Top CM and Top CF. Then we are talking closer to the premier league title
I like your choices, but that would be around £200m, so not sure our budget will stretch so far. Even if we do, we definitely have to be looking in the free transfer market to get squad depth, like Skriniar, Ndicka, Tielemans, Zaha and Moukoko. Personally Ndicka and Moukoko are the ones I like to accompany the three you'vementioned, and ETH would start to have the makings of a decent squad. The spine looks particularly strong...

DDG
Martinez / Varane / Min Jae / Ndicka
Casemiro / Fernandez / Eriksen / Bruno
Osimhen / Moukoko / Martial.

Fabio Rochemback

Some classic captain hindsight posts here. As if anyone knows what they'd even be like if they came directly to us. Alvarez isn't exactly tearing up any trees, Caicedo had known issues with multiple agents claiming to represent him at the time (whom which Brighton had dealt with before) and when you look at what we got instead of Fernandez (Casemiro, Martinez, Anthony and Malacia) - it is obvious why we didn't go for him with the squad holes we had.
Yeah, for every cheap prospect we're linked with who goes on to be a top player, there are several who end up being nothing special. Soumare, Oliver Torres, Strootman, Piatek, the list goes on.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Alvarez has 3 goals and 2 assists in his last 2 matches for a team that is usually relying on the best striker in the world to get them the goals. They got a replacement who is better than Sterling and can also fill in for Haaland for very cheap.

Overall he has 4 goals and 2 assists in 7 matches where he played at least 45 mins (there were 10, 1 and 20 minute sub appearances too).

Our best goalscorer has 4 goals and 2 assists in 12 league starts...
Is he better than Sterling? Think that's presumptuous.

He plays in a far better team, that creates a hell of a lot of chances. I'm not saying he's not good, but it's a total different scenario coming to a team like ours.

Ekeke

Is he better than Sterling? Think that's presumptuous.

He plays in a far better team, that creates a hell of a lot of chances. I'm not saying he's not good, but it's a total different scenario coming to a team like ours.
Sterling also played for that team. So yeah

Bojan Djordjic

Most big clubs don't have gaping holes in their midfield for a decade. The bar was not high as to who would improve that midfield (essentially be better than Scott McTominay who can barely trap a ball) yet we still baulked at forking out miniscule sums for players with very high reputations.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Aa much as I like the idea of potentially developing Vitek, Hannibal and Mainoo for the keeper and midfield slots. I don't think we can afford to wait around and overlook established midfield talents like Enzo Fernandez or Diogo Costa.

I think if we want to successfully transition into a team that is good at building the play from the defensive to the middle and then attacking thirds. Then it's imperative we sign a midfielder who is going to have the ability to progress play at a high level from the first two phases of play.

And in the game today it's important to have a midfielder who not only has the technical qualities on the ball, but also along with the technical side has the ball carrying ability to evade the press and roam between the lines. We don't have that player and it's extremely important to have a player like that if the aim is to dominate the opponent with and without the ball.

If Frenkie de Jong isn't a possibility then I'd be extremely happy if we signed the below players.

GK: Costa
CB: Ilya Zabarnyi
Mid: Enzo Fernandez
Striker: Sesko

I'm not saying the above is a sure possibility, but if we can do something close to the above, then I would feel very confident going into the new season. Probably wouldn't win the league straight away, but we'd be taking a big step towards being serious challengers again in the very near future.

And there's alot of money we can potentially offload from the wage bill, as well as recouping money from certain players who could be deemed surplus to requirements.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Seems like a technically good player and he's still very young.

I'm guessing the World Cup will drive his price up a bit because his quality will be known more.

Can't say I know a great deal about him but United need a ball carrier so if that's Jude, FDJ or if this guy can do it then that will complete the midfield.

King Kendrick

Aa much as I like the idea of potentially developing Vitek, Hannibal and Mainoo for the keeper and midfield slots. I don't think we can afford to wait around and overlook established midfield talents like Enzo Fernandez or Diogo Costa.

I think if we want to successfully transition into a team that is good at building the play from the defensive to the middle and then attacking thirds. Then it's imperative we sign a midfielder who is going to have the ability to progress play at a high level from the first two phases of play.

And in the game today it's important to have a midfielder who not only has the technical qualities on the ball, but also along with the technical side has the ball carrying ability to evade the press and roam between the lines. We don't have that player and it's extremely important to have a player like that if the aim is to dominate the opponent with and without the ball.

If Frenkie de Jong isn't a possibility then I'd be extremely happy if we signed the below players.

GK: Costa
CB: Ilya Zabarnyi
Mid: Enzo Fernandez
Striker: Sesko

I'm not saying the above is a sure possibility, but if we can do something close to the above, then I would feel very confident going into the new season. Probably wouldn't win the league straight away, but we'd be taking a big step towards being serious challengers again in the very near future.

And there's alot of money we can potentially offload from the wage bill, as well as recouping money from certain players who could be deemed surplus to requirements.
Haven’t seen Ilya, but will take your word for it, but besides that agree that would be pretty much the perfect window. Add in a free signing or two for much-needed depth and think we could feasibly call ourselves title challengers next year (esp. with Tielemans and Ndicka). Do you think Sesko is still feasible even after RBL swooping in (ruling out a Monopoly money sale,) as for me no young, almost ready alternatives really come to mind. Part of me thinks just do a cheap platoon this summer of Moussa Dembele and Thuram on 2-3 year frees, and try again next year.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Haven’t seen Ilya, but will take your word for it, but besides that agree that would be pretty much the perfect window. Add in a free signing or two for much-needed depth and think we could feasibly call ourselves title challengers next year (esp. with Tielemans and Ndicka). Do you think Sesko is still feasible even after RBL swooping in (ruling out a Monopoly money sale,) as for me no young, almost ready alternatives really come to mind. Part of me thinks just do a cheap platoon this summer of Moussa Dembele and Thuram on 2-3 year frees, and try again next year.
I'm not sure if Sesko is a genuine possibility but there has been suggestions about RB Leipzig possibly being willing sellers if someone can offer them the requisite amount.

There could also be the possibility of signing someone like Bennacer from Milan if we're priced out of a move for Enzo Fernandez. Bennacer's contract runs out in 2024 and he has yet to agree to a extension with Milan.

You make a good point about possibly signing a short-term solution for the striker role if there isn't a obvious solution out there. I think if we can sign someone on the cheap who has the ability to be a focal point as well as giving us a direct aerial threat, then that would potentially make us more unpredictable. And it would also possibly stretch our budget out a little further, where we can strengthen the midfield and backline.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I mean his names on the team sheet every week…..not that hard to remember he’s with us. ;)
I don’t really check the 8 bench places every match. thanks though. I suppose you’ll tell me Tom Heaton is still kicking about somewhere too

bosskeano

the midfield is too important to just rely on an academy kid to step in and fill the void....bringing in a talented, proven, young guy like Enzo makes the most sense. You can bed the young guys in around the other talented guys like casemiro, bruno and eriksen to help learn from them but not having to rely on them.

i think we are seeing that right now with Garnacho and Elanga.

José Mateus

Supports
Benfica
He is a very complete CM.

Imposed himself in the squad since day 1. I like him a lot

mav_9me

I haven't watched his full games, only highlights but he is my dream signing for CM. Going to try and watch every Argentine match

LuckyScout78

As a Manchester United fans. If Manchester United sign and land this boy. Kind of player and quality. Will be the singing that give me best hope and confidence that United will become and dominate team again in the future.

The combination for qualities, abilities and age = will give me high confidence.

A domination team here mean = will play conist really good attacking football. Now only the meaning of dominating over your opposition.

Enzo Mainoo = Enzo Fernandez & Kobbie Mainoo = As United future cm duo or part as a midfield.

A really good line up like this:

Antony/Sancho - Mainoo - Enzo - Rashford/Garnacho + Bruno/Eriksen + Martial/Rashford = consistent good attackin football. Sum of the combination and relations of those units.

Back to Enzo. This boy is for me that kind of player. Make you love watching football and make you pay the ticket. To entre the stadium.

Highest stage of "Theatre of Dreams " you need the biggest and best actor and player. To match the stage. The size of the stage. One of the biggest and most famous Theatre in the world. Reasons why in the past an history. Biggest player in England and maybe in the world has appear at this Theatre? Old Trafford?
Biggest stage and biggest theatre attract biggest actor and players? It goes hand in hand.

And this boy me good a feeling. I think Enzo is ready to enter and arrive this stage. I think and believe he has everything to match the level and size of it.

Last edited:

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
As a Manchester United fans. If Manchester United sign and land this boy. Kind of player and quality. Will be the singing that give me best hope and confidence that United will become and dominate team again in the future.

The combination for qualities, abilities and age = will give me high confidence.

A domination team here mean = will play conist really good attacking football. Now only the meaning of dominating over your opposition.

Enzo Mainoo = Enzo Fernandez & Kobbie Mainoo = As United future cm duo or part as a midfield.

A really good line up like this:

Antony/Sancho - Mainoo - Enzo - Rashford/Garnacho + Bruno/Eriksen + Martial/Rashford = consistent good attackin football. Sum of the combination and relations of those units.
What has Mainoo possible showed in mens football to indicate he could be part of any starting future midfield? I think a little bit of restraint is needed here, even somebody who has really impressed such as Garnacho isn't a sure thing at all.

LuckyScout78

The boy is good in everything he is doing as a central midfield player. At his age and the level he is playing. If Mainoo keeps working hard, have right focus on and off the pitch and keeps his feets on the ground. I predict Mainoo will be a regular first team player in the future.

In other words he has the abilities, qualities and mentality. And i really enjoy watching him playing. Keep it simple and a forward thinking player.

Remember the geese

What has Mainoo possible showed in mens football to indicate he could be part of any starting future midfield? I think a little bit of restraint is needed here, even somebody who has really impressed such as Garnacho isn't a sure thing at all.
Where's the fun in being proven right after the event? The two kids you mention are big talents. It's good to be excited about them.

Boondog

He is superb. Feels like a summer buy to me though and I have to think EtH will be all over him. How could he not be.

LuckyScout78

He is superb. Feels like a summer buy to me though and I have to think EtH will be all over him. How could he not be.
You know when we want something so badly and will not give up on it. With not giving up on Frenkie De Jong. It might close ours eyes on other alternatives or not time less to find another alternatives.
We don't know how long ETH was keep trying to get FDJ.

For me. I just discover this boy after Benfica ended up on top of their group in champion league above PSG.

RkkMan

You know when we want something so badly and will not give up on it. With not giving up on Frenkie De Jong. It might close ours eyes on other alternatives or not time less to find another alternatives.
We don't know how long ETH was keep trying to get FDJ.

For me. I just discover this boy after Benfica ended up on top of their group in champion league above PSG.
Unless De Jong shows actual willingness to leave we won't go back for him
He's a key starter now and heavily touted to be Busquets' successor. As long as both Barca and FDJ make it clear early they have no intention to separate we won't go on another wild goose chase

Status
Not open for further replies.