EPL Title Race 20/21

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I haven't seen a thread for this yet but at the time of posting we have:

It seems that the title race is wide open although naturally we expect some of those teams like Southampton, West Ham and Everton to drop out of the running.

So who is actually in the title race?

City in 9th are only 6 points behind and people would give them more chance of winning it than Southampton who are only 2 points behind the leaders.

Who will come out on top?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Wow so we're joint 1st with the best form in the league over that period :lol:

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I still think Liverpool are favorites, will probably finish the season strongly and win but won't be as dominant as they were last year.
I think Chelsea will finish 2nd and it will be between us, Spurs and City for the 2 CL positions.

TrustInOle

I haven't seen a thread for this yet but at the time of posting we have:

It seems that the title race is wide open although naturally we expect some of those teams like Southampton, West Ham and Everton to drop out of the running.

So who is actually in the title race?

City in 9th are only 6 points behind and people would give them more chance of winning it than Southampton who are only 2 points behind the leaders.

Who will come out on top?
Inconsistent but joint 1st in league form over last 5 games, if we can follow that up now with some consistent performances against Sheffield and Leeds I'll reckon the confidence in the squad will get going. Just need to sort that horrid home form out.

My expectations on champions, I reckon if Liverpool buy in January, then it will be a race between Spurs and Liverpool. Top 4 race will be the one the compacted fight I feel.

slored1

Title 21 in 2021, you saw it here first :drool:
Somehow I feel it is gettable. We just need Bruno fit and Pogba to stay motivated until the end. Play the backups in Europa and cups, let's go for 21-st in 2021.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
You could make a case for everyone in the top 9.

Going out early in Cups and Europe or playing a weak side in the Europa league could be a massive advantage for those sides. I think this season if you try to juggle them all you will get nothing.

The Oracle

Win our game in hand and we're 2 points off the top of the league.

Chances are we are not going to win the league this year.... so we must do everything we can to stop Liverpool winning it, and matching our 20 titles.

SER19

Wide open. Need to put a run together until Liverpool game.

Josh 76

Win our game in hand and we're 2 points off the top of the league.

Chances are we are not going to win the league this year.... so we must do everything we can to stop Liverpool winning it, and matching our 20 titles.
If we are not wining it, then how do we stop Liverpool wining it??

el3mel

Will be tricky to predict the top 6 this season. I'll try:

Liverpool
Spurs
City
United
Chelsea
Leicester

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Very odd season. Could end up anywhere. Still think we're highly unlikely to be there or thereabouts by the end of the season. Can't think of a single win of ours where we've been comfortable.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
United have got enough to beat most teams in the league, we've showed that against the likes of Southampton and West Ham.

We're five points off the top with a game in hand, if we win that we are well in it. We might not play the prettiest, most philosophical football but we have enough in this squad to get it done.

We are in this race and if we sack of the Europa League and manage our squad to minimise injuries to key players...

Stig

They have Liverpool's last result as a W and Fulham as an L.ok

Points are correct

Raredaredevil

Spurs must be proper annoyed with conceding the late equalizer, would have increased the gap between them and Liverpool. All the big teams drop points this weekend.

RedDevilRoshi

Horrible feeling I think Liverpool will end up nicking it in the end but won’t be as dominant as last seasons.

Think the upcoming festive period will have a huge say and we may see 2-3 teams fading away from the picture at that point.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
United are so bizarre to work out. Sometimes I can't see how they'll scrape top 4, other times they look like the best team in the country. Gut instinct tells me they don't make the top 4.

Chelsea
Liverpool
City
Spurs

In no particular order.

Red_Jamie

United are so bizarre to work out. Sometimes I can't see how they'll scrape top 4, other times they look like the best team in the country. Gut instinct tells me they don't make the top 4.

Chelsea
Liverpool
City
Spurs

In no particular order.
Got to admire your optimism from 5th position and United 2 points behind you with a game in hand.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think Chelsea, Spurs, City and Liverpool can win it. No idea who will from here. No one looks like a clear favourite.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Got to admire your optimism from 5th position and United 2 points behind you with a game in hand.
Just basing it on a gut feeling after the first 12 games, not necessarily what the table reflects today. No dig intended.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Chelsea or Liverpool for me.

Spurs don't have the bollocks. City don't care. We are a top 4 side.

Shite.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Whoever makes 85 points will win it.

Would still go for the ones with the best home form.

InfiniteBoredom

Our result in big games at home, thus far,

1-6 Spurs
0-1 Ars
0-0 Chelsea
0-0 City

Unless we put together a phenomenal run and drop virtually no points against teams below the top 6 for the rest of the season, I don’t see how you win the league with that home record.

MDFC Manager

Our result in big games at home, thus far,

1-6 Spurs
0-1 Ars
0-0 Chelsea
0-0 City

Unless we put together a phenomenal run and drop virtually no points against teams below the top 6 for the rest of the season, I don’t see how you win the league with that home record.
Its fun doing this right now.

But lets be brutally honest. Come end of the season, we'll be fighting to 3rd/4th place, yet again.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
We're 7 points better off at this point than last season. It's also joint 3rd highest points total since Sir Alex retired after 11 games. We're not doing too badly this season, but like always, the Christmas period is crucial. If we can sustain our form through it then we should be looking pretty good. We're only 3 points behind Joses' mirale season in 17-18 for example.

What we have to improve on is our defense, that's why we're struggling this season, we've really struggled to keep clean sheets. If we can get back to decent defensive form then we're in the running imo.

Member 90887

I think that we need just a little push to challenge.

Pretty sure that if we somehow end up first or second by the end of December, it would give a lot of confidence to the team. And we might just need that like last year to get going.

Liverpool plays Spurs next and Chelsea are away to Wolves. So a pretty good chance to catch some of those teams and I think we will get closer.

If we're a point or 2 by the start of January, it could push the board to get an RW to help for the second part of the season and who knows?

If people are putting Chelsea and Spurs as favorites, we definitely are as well. This is us being inconsistent as hell and a couple of points potentially from first.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Said it before but it's going to come down to whoever can ride out the congested schedule and get a bit of luck with injuries. The least shit team is winning it this year.