EPL Title race 2018/2019

D. Mungai

Make no mistake, city have dropped only 3 points since boxing day.

Remarkable really. Truly astonishing. If United had such a form world media would be salivating every match day.

Last edited by a moderator:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Any bad feelings about this game are not rational.

City have lost only one game at home all season (current home record: 17-0-1). They've never failed to score in any home game. They're on a 12 game winning streak in the league. Since the December defeat against Palace, they've conceded 3 goals in 8 games at home.

The only caveat here is Fernandinho's probable absence, but even then, City are overwhelming favorites to win here. No disrespect to Leicester, and of course any team can lose at any time despite the stats. It's extremely unlikely though.

Famous last words...
See oh ye of little faith.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I live near the city centre on Ordsall Lane and can hear a load of pissed up United fans singing we hate Man City and Liverpool etc. Love it.

manc exile

Supports
City
The English PL is now just another LA Liga contested by two teams. So much for the most competitive league in the world.
calm the feck down, its just two seasons, not 6 decades

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Amidst all the drama & excitement of the Champions League this week it seems to have been forgotten that there's still the little matter of a title race taking place here in England. Man City look destined to win back-to-back Premier League titles. But waiting in the wings are a Liverpool side buoyed by their heroics of Tuesday night. Got to be a comfortable win for City at Brighton surely ?

Sleep tight everyone :angel:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
How many Premier League goals have City conceded since they last lost in the League? I don't think it'd be many.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
How many Premier League goals have City conceded since they last lost in the League? I don't think it'd be many.
Just 3 since Newcastle, all in 3-1 wins to Arsenal, Watford and Crystal Palace. Not bad in 13 games really.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Just 3 since Newcastle, all in 3-1 wins to Arsenal, Watford and Crystal Palace. Not bad in 13 games really.
Impressive. Those numbers are why City fans and those adopting the 'Anybody But Liverpool' approach should be confident City will retain their title tomorrow.

TheLiverBird

Don’t get me wrong I believe City probably will win tomorrow.

But I’m not buying that it will be comfortable and Brighton have nothing.

City are the team playing under pressure, Brighton can play with absolute freedom, they’ve been scraping victories of late City, Brighton’s latest result 1-1 away to Arsenal for me tells me it’s not a full gone conclusion City will win, granted Arsenal aren’t exactly outstanding atm and a totally different kettle of fish to the amazing City, but at home Brighton could even though unlikely, have the potential to hold them to a draw.

The traits of a good side is scraping through to victory when not at ones best, but who knows.....maybe tomorrow is the day they don’t

I’m not holding my breathe like but ya never know

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Plus, with the run off consecutive victories they've had they're due a blank game.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Title is citys they’ve been relentless this second half of the season and barely look like conceding never mind losing or drawing. No team can keep them out. Been a hell of a race though and it’s a shame all our clutch goal moments are likely going to be for nothing. We’ll have to improve and go again next year not sure it’ll be enough mind against a juggernaut that can hit 95+ points a season comfortably and go through runs where they beat almost the entire division.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
The one certainty about tomorrow: the manager who doesn't win the title will be called a 'bottler'.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
The last time we played Wolves in our final match of the season was back in 1976. We won that day which meant we clinched the title. Strangely enough, it was the same season we beat Barcelona in the semi-finals of the UEFA Cup. We won that too.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The last time we played Wolves in our final match of the season was back in 1976. We won that day which meant we clinched the title. Strangely enough, it was the same season we beat Barcelona in the semi-finals of the UEFA Cup. We won that too.
Destiny.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
These things always crop up in a season we’re challenging, means nada really. I remember the supposed omens in the 13/14 season and we know how that turned out

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Even if Brighton go 1 up tomorrow and City have a man sent off I would still bet on them to turn it around (obviously provided it's not too late in the game). Because they keep the ball so well, it wouldn't change the game so much that they would be massively exposed at the back. They're a possession machine who in that instance could easily go 3-3-3 and it would be barely noticeable. I think our only hope tomorrow is a worldie performance from the keeper, combined with an off day for their strikers and multiple shots hitting the woodwork. Highly unlikely all that will happen but if someone had told me that Liverpool and Spurs would qualify for the final in the way they did I would have laughed in their face. Football is a funny old game.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Don't, just don't.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Make no mistake, city have dropped only 3 points since boxing day.

Remarkable really. Truly astonishing. If United had such a form world media would be salivating every match day.
Truly unreal form since their mid season blip. They've proved last season was not a fluke, and they are setting an unprecedented standard. It's going to take a herculean effort for anyone to stop them while Guardiola is there, and even that might not be enough, as Liverpool are probably going to prove tomorrow.

Imagine finishing with 97 points in a 38 game season and still not winning the league. Incredible. Under normal circumstances Liverpool would have wrapped up the title in early April.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The one certainty about tomorrow: the manager who doesn't win the title will be called a 'bottler'.
Klopp won't, as he's engineered an absolutely phenomenal position in the media where he literally cannot lose due to being the underdog story. (despite spending the most this season)

Tottenham in the Euro final is a different story though, as it's the first time since he's been here where his boys are favourites. He won't like that at all. It defeats his whole MO.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Klopp won't, as he's engineered an absolutely phenomenal position in the media where he literally cannot lose due to being the underdog story. (despite spending the most this season)

Tottenham in the Euro final is a different story though, as it's the first time since he's been here where his boys are favourites. He won't like that at all. It defeats his whole MO.
He spent the most last summer granted but he wasn't exactly tweaking a title chasing squad, it was an overhaul from a position of only just making the top 4 last season.
To gain 27 points on this Man City team in one season is remarkable whether we win the league or not. Honestly wouldn't swap Klopp for anyone else right now and that includes Guardiola

sugar_kane

Planning to avoid the footy all day today, go and enjoy the weather, occasionally check the scores on my phone.

The very real danger of them winning it today is too much to face.

Hope City are at least two up by half time.

Would love it if Wolves surprise Liverpool as well, everyone seems to have written them off even though they’ve been one of the teams of the season.

Cloud7

The title race coming down to the last day of the season with both teams on 90+ points. Unreal stuff.

always_hoping

Liverpool will likely have a stroll v Wolves. If Wolves weren't certain of 7th place it might have been different. Brighton at home will be going all out to get a result. They drew away to Arsenal last week and but for a pop shot in the 88th minute they would have drawn away to Spurs also. Important that City score an early in that game and then close the game out mid way through the 2nd half.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
If Man City don't win the league today and Chelsea win in Europe, we had a better season.

If Liverpool don't win the league today but do win in Europe, they've had a similar season to Chelsea (fail in the league, win in Europe).

If Liverpool win the league and in Europe, I'll think of something to cling onto in order to carry on.

Cristiano Arrogantaldo

Supports
Real Madrid
It's City's to lose really. Can't see how Brighton are getting anything from today's game. The Foden goal against Spurs n obviously the Kompany goal against Leicester will be the season defining moments in the run-in, as those are the only games where they could have dropped points since they last lost a game.

Acole9

Outstanding
I've got a horrible feeling the scouse are going to do it today.

Ban

Liverpool will likely have a stroll v Wolves. If Wolves weren't certain of 7th place it might have been different. Brighton at home will be going all out to get a result. They drew away to Arsenal last week and but for a pop shot in the 88th minute they would have drawn away to Spurs also. Important that City score an early in that game and then close the game out mid way through the 2nd half.
Why would Brighton go all out? Just to spoil the party?