Eredivisie 2019-2020

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Dutch football followers: Theoritecally - Could/would Jong Ajax accept the spot in Eredivisie if they got promoted, considering they are the reserve team of Ajax?
No, they can't be promoted. Think they won the league 2 years ago as well. Would also be a bit unfair since while they are a youth team, sometimes their failed signings play for them as well, or their good players when returning from injury.

Sjaakmeoff

No, they can't be promoted. Think they won the league 2 years ago as well. Would also be a bit unfair since while they are a youth team, sometimes their failed signings play for them as well, or their good players when returning from injury.
Returning from injury: This happened years ago and is now regulated. Players over a certain age (i think 23?) can't do this anymore.
Failed signings: Only players they bought to grow at Ajax first (Pierie, Scherpen). You won't see Marin in Jong Ajax for example.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Returning from injury: This happened years ago and is now regulated. Players over a certain age (i think 23?) can't do this anymore.
Failed signings: Only players they bought to grow at Ajax first (Pierie, Scherpen). You won't see Marin in Jong Ajax for example.
Ah really? Have to admit I dont really follow it that much, just that some dude I know who supports Go Ahead Eagles was always complaining about having bad luck against young PSV or Ajax firlding first team players. Though that was a while ago.

I was right about them not being able to move up a league though right? :wenger:

Sjaakmeoff

Ah really? Have to admit I dont really follow it that much, just that some dude I know who supports Go Ahead Eagles was always complaining about having bad luck against young PSV or Ajax firlding first team players. Though that was a while ago.

I was right about them not being able to move up a league though right? :wenger:
:) you are.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Cheers, that’s what I thought.

Sjaakmeoff

Yes.. it was a cup game against amateurs. And it was a penalty kick for 7-0. But still.
This guy is a gem and can (with the right attitude) go places.

Ziyech and Onana approve:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yes.. it was a cup game against amateurs. And it was a penalty kick for 7-0. But still.
This guy is a gem and can (with the right attitude) go places.

Ziyech and Onana approve:
He hasnt officially decided on the country he wants to play for right? Though supposedly he's leaning in the Orange direction?

Bloedrood

They are playing some nice football. 16 and 17 year olds against grown men.

I think people outside of the Netherlands probably can't see this, it's usually region locked when posted by the Dutch Fox or Ziggo accounts. So I'll add a different source:

Really seems like a new golden generation at Ajax is breaking through, with Gravenberch, Unuvar, Hansen, Brobbey, Taylor. Possibly even more.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Far be it from me to rain on an Ajax parade (not really), but Cambuur popped over 'em to 1st place now. Since NEC came back to 3-3.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Will be an interesting end to the season with the complete meltdown of Ajax.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Enough gushing over Ajax players, they're shite and irrelevant now anyway. Check out my boy Berghuis

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
@Sjaakmeoff @KirkDuyt @Bloedrood @VorZakone

What's the deal with Veronica Inside this time? Has Derksen finally fecked it up? "Felt like we were thrown in front of the lions without preparations" because he made a totally inappropriate joke about some BLM fragment? I kinda liked him sometimes, during World Cups and stuff, but always seemed like he was too old school and out of touch with this new reality to comment on anything apart from football.

Seems like both him and Van der Gijp are blaming it on Genee though :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

What's the deal with Veronica Inside this time? Has Derksen finally fecked it up? "Felt like we were thrown in front of the lions without preparations" because he made a totally inappropriate joke about some BLM fragment? I kinda liked him sometimes, during World Cups and stuff, but always seemed like he was too old school and out of touch with this new reality to comment on anything apart from football.

Someone at a BLM protest said he would personally kick zwarte piet in the face if he saw someone dressed up like it. They discussed this and in the end Genee said there was reportedly someone dressed as zwarte piet at a BLM demo to which Derksen said, are we sure it wasnt Akwasi (name of the black guy who made the face kicking comment). Cue all sorts of public outrage etc.

Last Monday they invited some people on the show to talk about it, and Genee sort of blindsided them, while he's always the one trying to provoke them into saying controversial things.

Now Gijp and Derksen are mad and they are threatening to quit. To me it's all a bit overblown. Derksen says some dumb things, but he's just old. And a bit of a provocative cnut. I like him though.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

Meh, I can't get too worked up about Derksen to be honest. The man has repeatedly said racism should be dealt with in a tough way and he's one of the few people who keeps criticizing the Qatar situation. Everyone else prefers to keep quiet about Qatar. Derksen also isn't the one who made a violent comment.

Derksen's problem is that he sucks at reading the room. Shouldn't have said what he said but like I said, I can't get too worked up about it. It was a bad comment (joke).

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Derksen just had had it coming for a very, very, VERY long time. He and Van der Gijp have been totally a-holes to everyone for ages. Their defence is that they're unpleasant to everyone indiscriminately, but I don't see how that makes their constant inappropriate jokes any more acceptable. Because they spread the unpleasantness though, momentum never really built up; but now Derksen has been stupid enough to insult black people (Zwarte Piet jokes are never innocent anymore) in the current climate, and that's why his behaviour has finally exploded in his face. That's also what the internationals have said: this sucked, it's been going on for ages, and now it's really enough.

Being old and out-of-touch is not a redeeming feature; it's a sign. Time for these dinosaurs and their old-timey, white-male locker room talk to eff off, as far as I'm concerned.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I wonder how they are planning to enforce the ban on singing and shouting. The PM said that people should just whisper hurray when their team scores. Right-o!

Also, if no-one is making noise, there is zero atmosphere in the stadium, so the experience of being there is very limited and we'll still need added crowd noise on tv.