Eredivisie 2021-22

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
All the dirty tricks on show again for Ajax. Sadness in the studio. I missed this.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
PSV had the advantage of having played 3 competitive games already. Poor defending on the early goals. Ajax is lucky they start the league with some easy games (NEC?). Gravenberch looked like their best player. I'm hoping he displaces Marten de Roon in September :rolleyes:

That Dortmund have bought Malen and not Madueke was the wrong decision.
Malen wanted to leave and Madueke most likely wants to stay.

Besides Madueke plays RW and Malen is a CF than can play on the left. Malen's an early Haaland replacement as well, Madueke doesn't play that position.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The amount of joy I get from watching Ajax get trounced 4-0 makes me feel petty.

But it's substantial.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Malen wanted to leave and Madueke most likely wants to stay.

Besides Madueke plays RW and Malen is a CF than can play on the left. Malen's an early Haaland replacement as well, Madueke doesn't play that position.
Dortmund wanted to sign both, there were even some pictures of Madueke's father and agent visiting Dortmund's training ground. But then PSV supposedly increased their asking price or didn't want to sell after all and I haven't ready anything about it for a month or so.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
The amount of joy I get from watching Ajax get trounced 4-0 makes me feel petty.

But it's substantial.
The first half was an absolute joy to watch.. I dont really care about losing the game as I thought we played very entertaining football the first half.. Could have gone either way if the 1-1 wasnt dissalowed.. Seeing it becoming 0-4 was painful though..

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The first half was an absolute joy to watch.. I dont really care about losing the game as I thought we played very entertaining football the first half.. Could have gone either way if the 1-1 wasnt dissalowed.. Seeing it becoming 0-4 was painful though..
Ajax actually looked quite good despite going 2-0 down before the red. That disallowed 1-1 was brilliant. Actually felt a bit bad, because it was a nice play from Berghuis.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
All the dirty tricks on show again for Ajax. Sadness in the studio. I missed this.
Starting the mind games already? :D

I hope this is representative of the season and we'll see some fireworks along the year. :) (And PSV on top at the end.)
Ajax actually looked quite good despite going 2-0 down before the red. That disallowed 1-1 was brilliant. Actually felt a bit bad, because it was a nice play from Berghuis.
Don't. He's with Ajax now.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Starting the mind games already? :D

I hope this is representative of the season and we'll see some fireworks along the year. :) (And PSV on top at the end.)

Don't. He's with Ajax now.
Can't help it. I'm a big fan of Berghuis so even if it won't make me support Ajax, I hope he does well personally.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Can't help it. I'm a big fan of Berghuis so even if it won't make me support Ajax, I hope he does well personally.
So basically you support Ajax now whenever he's playing.

Oh well.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Why he’s a bit of a cnut isn’t he? That’s fine when it’s your cnut but when it’s another teams cnut his cuntishness becomes annoying.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
So basically you support Ajax now whenever he's playing.

Oh well.
No, I will always support any Dutch club over Ajax. So if NEC beat Ajax 8-1 I'm happy, but if Berghuis scored the 1 goal that's nice.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
No, I will always support any Dutch club over Ajax. So if NEC beat Ajax 8-1 I'm happy, but if Berghuis scored the 1 goal that's nice.
Ah ok. I'm totally with you on that. Well, except internationally I suppose.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ah ok. I'm totally with you on that. Well, except internationally I suppose.
Yeah, I don't mind Ajax doing well internationally. Though winding up my Ajax mates after they eventually lose is more enjoyable than seeing them win.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
As long as it's competitive 'till the end I'm happy. Ajax and PSV fighting for the title with Fey and AZ competing for 3rd is what I'm hoping.

Malacia demolished Carrasco :lol:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Please PSV, utterly destroy Benfica for me next round.

Thanks.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Luzern are hardly Sacchi's Milan, but Feyenoord are unrecognizable (in a good way) so far under slot. We actually press the other team, right up to their own goal. It's great to watch.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Preliminary squad is out:

Justin Bijlow (Feyenoord)
Joël Drommel (PSV)

Tim Krul (Norwich City)
Remco Pasveer (Ajax)

Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool)
Stefan de Vrij (Inter)
Matthijs de Ligt (Juventus)
Nathan Aké (Manchester City)
Daley Blind (Ajax)
Jurriën Timber (Ajax)
Tyrell Malacia (Feyenoord)
Devyne Rensch (Ajax)

Georginio Wijnaldum (Paris Saint-Germain)
Frenkie de Jong (Barcelona)
Donny van de Beek (Manchester United)
Marten de Roon (Atalanta Bergamo)
Ryan Gravenberch (Ajax)
Davy Klaassen (Ajax)
Teun Koopmeiners (AZ)
Guus Til (Feyenoord)

Memphis Depay (Barcelona)
Donyell Malen (Borussia Dortmund)
Wout Weghorst (VfL Wolfsburg)
Steven Berghuis (Ajax)
Cody Gakpo (PSV)

Sensible selection. 5-3-2, Malacia and Rensch as wingback options?

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Preliminary squad is out:

Justin Bijlow (Feyenoord)
Joël Drommel (PSV)

Tim Krul (Norwich City)
Remco Pasveer (Ajax)

Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool)
Stefan de Vrij (Inter)
Matthijs de Ligt (Juventus)
Nathan Aké (Manchester City)
Daley Blind (Ajax)
Jurriën Timber (Ajax)
Tyrell Malacia (Feyenoord)
Devyne Rensch (Ajax)

Georginio Wijnaldum (Paris Saint-Germain)
Frenkie de Jong (Barcelona)
Donny van de Beek (Manchester United)
Marten de Roon (Atalanta Bergamo)
Ryan Gravenberch (Ajax)
Davy Klaassen (Ajax)
Teun Koopmeiners (AZ)
Guus Til (Feyenoord)

Memphis Depay (Barcelona)
Donyell Malen (Borussia Dortmund)
Wout Weghorst (VfL Wolfsburg)
Steven Berghuis (Ajax)
Cody Gakpo (PSV)

Sensible selection. 5-3-2, Malacia and Rensch as wingback options?
Til is a bit silly to be honest. Then again, so is Van de Beek, and one of them will probably be scrubbed from the final group.

I'm elated he selected Malacia, not because I think he's potentially the best option (though I do think that), but because he's a great lad.

Lastly, Bijlow should be our nr 1 for the next 15 years. The Cillissens and Kruls of the world are lead for old iron (LVGism) anyway.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Til is a bit silly to be honest. Then again, so is Van de Beek, and one of them will probably be scrubbed from the final group.

I'm elated he selected Malacia, not because I think he's potentially the best option (though I do think that), but because he's a great lad.

Lastly, Bijlow should be our nr 1 for the next 15 years. The Cillissens and Kruls of the world are lead for old iron (LVGism) anyway.
I have exactly the same! He is the kind of kid you really want to do well..

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

Do you think Bijlow is good enough for that? I know he's rated quite highly; how do you feel about that? I have no idea about Drommel either, but it would just be great to have a good goalkeeper again after the years of averageness since Van der Sar's retirement. Same with attack - I really hope Depay can hold on to his form and Malen and Gakpo kick on, cause there's really some strength needed there now that defense and midfield are finally looking strong and promising again.

(I keep laughing at all the use of 'lads' on here btw. Who normally uses that outside the UK and Ireland who hasn't been exposed to a forum like this? :D )

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Do you think Bijlow is good enough for that? I know he's rated quite highly; how do you feel about that? I have no idea about Drommel either, but it would just be great to have a good goalkeeper again after the years of averageness since Van der Sar's retirement. Same with attack - I really hope Depay can hold on to his form and Malen and Gakpo kick on, cause there's really some strength needed there now that defense and midfield are finally looking strong and promising again.

(I keep laughing at all the use of 'lads' on here btw. Who normally uses that outside the UK and Ireland who hasn't been exposed to a forum like this? :D )
Bijlow is very talented, but also very injury prone. If he can stay fit he can be a great goalkeeper. No van der Sar, but no De Goey either.

I'm not sure about Malen. He's not bad, but he won't become world class. He's just not clinical enough. Gakpo on the other hand looks fantastic to me. For now it's up to Memphis to show up for us. His start at Barca looks promising..

I definitely say lad and mate because of the caf. But also in part because I feel I've become too old to say dude.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Quite a ballsy move to go for Rensch as first right wing back, but then also to have Timber as his backup. (who else can play that position? Although with LVG you never know ... )

VDB has been playing in the pivot for Man Utd and I think he'll start against Leeds in that position. I'm guessing De Ligt (red card) gets dropped. And then either De Roon (red card @ Atalanta) or Koopmeiners if he's in the middle of a move.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I've not been this optimistic about our team in years. Sure it's only the start of the season, but we're quite solid and press very well all of a sudden.

Arne Slot might just be a genius.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Also, while it's not really Eredivisie, I thought I'd note that Zirkzee scored twice today for Anderlecht, who are currently leading Cercle Brugge 2-1. Good for him. :)

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
I've not been this optimistic about our team in years. Sure it's only the start of the season, but we're quite solid and press very well all of a sudden.

Our pressing is beautiful to watch, Sinistera is finally looking like the player he can be, Gus Til is perfect for this team. Didn't really watch Zwolle games that much, didn't know Slot was the next Ten Hag, great at AZ too. We might have the next Dutch Master tactician on our hands. Happy to keep Senesi too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheimoon

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam

You are unrecognizable in a very good way.. I dont think you will come near Ajax of PSV this year over a whole season, but there are so many positives:
- fun to watch, there is pressure and energy
- way more action on the attacking half
- players look like they are having fun
- so far the signings all look they are having a positive impact, great shout to Arnesen
- Im actually looking at an environment where players like Sinisterra, Kokcu, Malacia , Bijlow will increase in value, which is great for Feyenoord in the longer run
- youth getting chances and coming through
- not unimportant, there are actual impressive results!

Im really sure Feyenoord will face their difficulties this year and there will be major setbacks, but Slot and Arnesen really look like they set things on an upwards track..

Now if only they can try to get some money for Haps and Far in order to have some budget for a new striker..

EDIT:
Im also really surprised Kokcu and Senesi are still here.. I really thought the financial situation would be so dreadful they would have to sell them and would have almost no money to re-invest..
Its still early days, but at the end of last season I had a much much more grim prospect in my mind for Feyenoord.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
As a neutral I watched very little Feyenoord last season, too boring. It's not just Slot, Arnesen deserves credit too. Til, Jahanbakhsh, Trauner are fantastic for the Eredivisie. Aursnes didn't disappoint. That Pedersen guy just runs a lot and crosses like Dumfries though, but with Geertruida back in October it's not a big deal.

Still looking forward to the new AZ talents that are gonna come through as always. I hear good things about Taabouni, but I'm sure there are others.

Oh, I made a mistake, usually a goalkeeper gets cut and that only leaves one more outfield player. Going by LVG's philosophy, it just has to be Donny :(

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Still early in the season, but I think it's safe to say Feyenoord will win the league and Berghuis is shite for Ajax.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Still early in the season, but I think it's safe to say Feyenoord will win the league and Berghuis is shite for Ajax.
That seems pretty obvious really. We've got a big enough sample size now to let the wishful thinking start in earnest.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
They'll be fine, they're just out of form compared to the other 2 that started the season much earlier.

Or you know, I can wind up all my Ajax friends by saying they bought the wrong winger. They should have gone for ... Linssen.

But seriously, we're going to play 4-3-3 during the international break so we can play an out of form Berghuis? :nervous:
Please, Van Dyke, Gini, The Pie, change your mind.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Best thing about Berghuis today was the typo on his shirt saying Berghius.

Ajax will still easily end up above Feyenoord of course, so I have to make the most of this rare opportunity for schadenfreude.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Wij staan bovenaan!!! Lord Linssen aka Linseendowski is going to finish as the highest scorer and Toornstra with the most assists and Slot manager of the year. Berghuis who? haven't been this excited since the Gio and Persie season.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
LVG said as much as:
  • Players want 4-3-3 and more structure/instructions on how to play (as opposed to De Boer's hands off approach)
  • Bergwijn makes 4-3-3 easier, due to not having to switch to 5-3-2 if a winger gets injured (meaning he's not likely to be a starter)
  • First goalkeeper is clear to him
  • De Vrij is better than De Ligt
  • Medical staff thinks Dumfries can play 90 minutes
  • De Roon is important for the dressing room (meaning he isn't a guaranteed starter)
Gakpo Memphis Berghuis
Gravenberch
Wijnaldum De Jong
Malacia Virgil De Vrij Dumfries
Bijlow
Educated guess. Berghuis not in form, sensible stuff otherwise.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
LVG said as much as:
  • Players want 4-3-3 and more structure/instructions on how to play (as opposed to De Boer's hands off approach)
  • Bergwijn makes 4-3-3 easier, due to not having to switch to 5-3-2 if a winger gets injured (meaning he's not likely to be a starter)
  • First goalkeeper is clear to him
  • De Vrij is better than De Ligt
  • Medical staff thinks Dumfries can play 90 minutes
  • De Roon is important for the dressing room (meaning he isn't a guaranteed starter)
Gakpo Memphis Berghuis
Gravenberch
Wijnaldum De Jong
Malacia Virgil De Vrij Dumfries
Bijlow
Educated guess. Berghuis not in form, sensible stuff otherwise.
I'm hoping for Bijlow, since he is clearly the only keeper with potential in our entire country at the moment (OK maybe Drommel too), but will Vangle put him in right away? I'm not sure.

I love the idea of Gravenbergh, but lately the idea is more exciting than his play, hope he improves a bit once the season gets going. Still, rather him than De Roon. He just offers nothing in possession and both Frenkie and Wijnaldum contribute enough defensively to make due with someone who can actually kick a ball behind them.

I have a feeling Bergwijn will start though I would love to see Gakpo. Such a brilliant talent. Reminds me of Robben so much in his dribbling and general play.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I'm hoping for Bijlow, since he is clearly the only keeper with potential in our entire country at the moment (OK maybe Drommel too), but will Vangle put him in right away? I'm not sure.

I love the idea of Gravenbergh, but lately the idea is more exciting than his play, hope he improves a bit once the season gets going. Still, rather him than De Roon. He just offers nothing in possession and both Frenkie and Wijnaldum contribute enough defensively to make due with someone who can actually kick a ball behind them.

I have a feeling Bergwijn will start though I would love to see Gakpo. Such a brilliant talent. Reminds me of Robben so much in his dribbling and general play.
The same LVG brought De Vrij, Kongolo, Martins Indi and Veltman to a world cup and played Rekik and Bruma in qualifiers.

De Roon has only played friendlies, he is suspended for Atalanta. "Important for the dressing room" suggests he won't start.

I don't think Gravenberch has been playing poorly for Ajax. He was their best player against PSV.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The same LVG brought De Vrij, Kongolo, Martins Indi and Veltman to a world cup and played Rekik and Bruma in qualifiers.

De Roon has only played friendlies, he is suspended for Atalanta. "Important for the dressing room" suggests he won't start.

I don't think Gravenberch has been playing poorly for Ajax. He was their best player against PSV.
Be that as it may, I've not seen him necessarily improved from what he showed 1 year ago. And maybe the Twente game is too fresh. That was awful, they were like Feyenoord..

Still, ofcourse Louis will change it up quite a bit. How else will he claim it's by his genius alone when we win a game.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Be that as it may, I've not seen him necessarily improved from what he showed 1 year ago. And maybe the Twente game is too fresh. That was awful, they were like Feyenoord..

Still, ofcourse Louis will change it up quite a bit. How else will he claim it's by his genius alone when we win a game.
A year ago Gravenberch was very hit and miss with Klaassen (in the pivot) at times outperforming him. By the end of the season he became a lot more consistent.

Alvarez and Blind I felt had a worse game than Gravenberch vs Twente.

Keep in mind the alternatives to him are Blind, Koopmeiners or Wijnaldum deeper with Klaassen or Til as an 8 or a 10.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
A year ago Gravenberch was very hit and miss with Klaassen (in the pivot) at times outperforming him. By the end of the season he became a lot more consistent.

Alvarez and Blind I felt had a worse game than Gravenberch vs Twente.

Keep in mind the alternatives to him are Blind, Koopmeiners or Wijnaldum deeper with Klaassen or Til as an 8 or a 10.
Yeah I suppose the fact that someone like Til is even in the squad says enough about our lack of quality in midfield.

If only Ziyech played for us. Meh.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Amad
Jahanbakhsh
Til
Trauner
Aursnes
Pedersen

for less than 5 million?

If they can get Viergever or someone comparable and Bijlow stays fit, Feyenoord is winning the title.