Eredivisie 2021-22

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Defending doesn't count though. Good defending isn't good only good attacking is good. That's why our national team is always applauded even if we never actually win anything. We might not win, but we look really good not doing it.
I don't think what he's talking is a symptom of the Dutch disease, but rather him parroting "his" manager.
He's the one that said Berghuis isn't good enough to start over Neres in last season's thread.

The better team? All stats point toward PSV being the better team.
Ajax had more than 50% possession in the first 40 minutes, you blasphemous farmer!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I don't think what he's talking is a symptom of the Dutch disease, but rather him parroting "his" manager.
He's the one that said Berghuis isn't good enough to start over Neres in last season's thread.

Ajax had more than 50% possession in the first 40 minutes, you blasphemous farmer!
I dunno, I think Ajax played some great attacking football against PSV after going 1-0 down. It was a bit similar to PSV Feyenoord actually where PSV was quite dominant for large parts of the game, but were eventually annihilated.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don't know what you want me to say. They failed to win the French league last year. They aren't all that great, despite the stacked squad.
9th favourites? Come on man, surely no one will put money on Ajax over them irrespective of whether they won CL or not last season.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
I dunno, I think Ajax played some great attacking football against PSV after going 1-0 down. It was a bit similar to PSV Feyenoord actually where PSV was quite dominant for large parts of the game, but were eventually annihilated.
this. But people rely on stats waaaaaay too much instead of actually watching football to form their opinions.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
this. But people rely on stats waaaaaay too much instead of actually watching football to form their opinions.
It wasn't really. Ajax were 2-0 down by minute 30, meanwhile Feyenoord didn't get out of their own half before the 45th minute when Toornstra hit a Sneijder/Scholes-esque volley on an average cross.

The Dutch are leading in coefficient points thanks to Ajax! There's a good chance we can get past France if we keep this up!

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I feel like LVG will "surprise" everyone tomorrow by following his philosophy. Heads are going to be chopped.

Not playing: Wijnaldum, Klaassen, El Ghazi, Ake, Koopmeiners, Rensch, VDB, Ihattaren.
Bergwijn injured, Luuk de Jong, Blind and De Roon playing poorly.

Enter Danjuma, Linssen and Joey Veerman :wenger:

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Danjuma look rather good last night, so i wouldn't be suprised. Though Klaassen will get called up i guess, he only has been benched 1 match, the rest was due to (coming back from) injury

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Danjuma look rather good last night, so i wouldn't be suprised. Though Klaassen will get called up i guess, he only has been benched 1 match, the rest was due to (coming back from) injury
Malacia and Blind have been very poor lately. I wouldn't mind seeing Danjuma (or Bergwijn) at LWB, just so we can keep our atrocious LBs out of the lineup.

Something like:

Memphis Malen
Gravenberch Klaassen De Jong
Danjuma Virgil De Vrij De Ligt Dumfries
Bijlow

Bit pointless against the likes of Gibraltar for now, and I don't see it happening in the near future unless Berghuis gets injured or dropped at Ajax.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
That midfield would be so good. Wijnaldum is really overrated. Hopefully VDB will get some playing time soon here or somewhere else, because he'd be an upgrade for Klaassen.
But i really prefer if we'd play 4-3-3. 5 defenders doesn't suit the Dutch NT.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Malacia and Blind have been very poor lately. I wouldn't mind seeing Danjuma (or Bergwijn) at LWB, just so we can keep our atrocious LBs out of the lineup.

Something like:

Memphis Malen
Gravenberch Klaassen De Jong
Danjuma Virgil De Vrij De Ligt Dumfries
Bijlow

Bit pointless against the likes of Gibraltar for now, and I don't see it happening in the near future unless Berghuis gets injured or dropped at Ajax.
Blind has been poor? He had two poor games in the beginning of the season for sure, but there was nothing poor about any of his performances post-Twente...

I dont think he will switch to a 352/532 right now. Perhaps he will after we qualified for the World Cup and he has a year to work on that system, but I dont think he will do so right now.. He made the argument earlier that he doesnt have the time to really train and work on the system..

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I feel like LVG will "surprise" everyone tomorrow by following his philosophy. Heads are going to be chopped.

Not playing: Wijnaldum, Klaassen, El Ghazi, Ake, Koopmeiners, Rensch, VDB, Ihattaren.
Bergwijn injured, Luuk de Jong, Blind and De Roon playing poorly.

Enter Danjuma, Linssen and Joey Veerman :wenger:
I want Jens Toornstra dammit. If I would ever tattoo someone on my bum it would be Jens. Such a lovely dude and a true sportsman.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
What a week this is shaping up to be for Dutch football if us and Vitesse win. 5 wins in 1 week.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I cant get over the transformation Slot and Arnesen realized over the summer.. Insanely impressive.. Also almost all likeable guys in the team.. Really enjoying Feyenoord these days!

@KirkDuyt How long do you reckon they can keep this up?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I cant get over the transformation Slot and Arnesen realized over the summer.. Insanely impressive.. Also almost all likeable guys in the team.. Really enjoying Feyenoord these days!

@KirkDuyt How long do you reckon they can keep this up?
Well not for 2 halves in a row it seems. We imploded a bit now. Doubly frustrating that we didn't score a few more in the first half.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Well that 2nd half aged me about 17 years. Great we pulled through. Slavia are a bunch of playacting cnuts. Hope their buss gets a flat tire.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
What a week this is shaping up to be for Dutch football if us and Vitesse win. 5 wins in 1 week.
:mad: You jinxed it. Vitesse lost.

Entertaining stuff. The big 3 are fun to watch internationally. The last time that was the case was ages ago.

PSV are too vulnerable at the back.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
:mad: You jinxed it. Vitesse lost.

Entertaining stuff. The big 3 are fun to watch internationally. The last time that was the case was ages ago.

PSV are too vulnerable at the back.
4/5 is still fantastic though.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Slot just shows what a manager with a plan can do. We have been completely transformed under him. Best I've felt since Gio was manager.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Slot just shows what a manager with a plan can do. We have been completely transformed under him. Best I've felt since Gio was manager.
That first half yesterday is the best I've seen us play in years. And Slavia won the league unbeaten and hadn't lost a game in 1.5 years so they might not be Sacchi's Milan, but they're no FC Drita either.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Finally we get our due. All this undue praise for the Farmers Premier league and Die BauerLiga. We invented how to play proper football and deserve all the glory.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
At this rate the Eredivisie will be the 5th league on coefficients at the end of the season:D

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
That first half yesterday is the best I've seen us play in years. And Slavia won the league unbeaten and hadn't lost a game in 1.5 years so they might not be Sacchi's Milan, but they're no FC Drita either.
The first half was something else, even AZ didn't play anything as good as our first 30 mins on Thursday under Slot last season. Second half they came at us expectedly, and we surrendered possession and sat back and countered but it also showed our defense is also getting better. We would have lost this game last season. Quarter Finals or Europa, Semi or FInal of the cup and qualifying for the Champions League would be an amazing season. Imagine what Slot would do with Champions League money (if they let him spend it lol)

Reactions: Cheimoon

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Haha, thank you Utrecht, slow down the Ajax jerkfest and ten Hag loving. They aren't as invisible as most make them to be.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I randomly turned on the game when Ajax had that crazy triple miss, it was one of these moments where you smugly tell your mates you knew they would concede after that.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Great match by Vitesse. Bazoer was fantastic. Huge mistakes by Senesi and Geertruida, punished ruthlessly by Openda.

Wijndal starting to get his form back. Great goal and an assist by him.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
See this is why we don't laugh at Ajax before we played.
I will always laugh at Ajax regardless, disappointed, but still I'm glad they lost. Born and raised in de Stadsdriehoek, I was born to laugh at Ajax :D

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Great match by Vitesse. Bazoer was fantastic. Huge mistakes by Senesi and Geertruida, punished ruthlessly by Openda.

Wijndal starting to get his form back. Great goal and an assist by him.
Senesi has a mistake like that in him, that's what is stopping him from taking that next step. You're right, Wijndal looks good again hopefully no more Van Aanholt in the national team.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
According to pundits the ball was in play for 49 minutes of that match. For the love of God can we bring football rules out of the dark ages of time wasting?