Eredivisie 2021-22

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
PEC though... One of the worst teams in the league this century.

Chuffed we actually destroy a bad team for a change though.
Remember how those games last year were against such teams... Dreadful to watch..

I'd still take Advocaat over Carrick.
Haha thats a very bold statement

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Remember how those games last year were against such teams... Dreadful to watch..

Haha, yes. I must have watched a total of 3 Feyenoord games last season. I can finally relate to being a Feyenoord fan now though.
We're already achieving similar results at United, but we've now hit the level of football Feyenoord was known for these last couple of years.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Rather Hiddink to save the season!

Anyway.

I know Advocaat's performance last-year was sub-par, but I'm wondering where to put Slot's performance this year. Is he overperforming with the squad, or is this there 'expected performance' based on talent, and is there yet another gear to come once Slot has really implemented his ideas? (He hasn't even been at Feyenoord half a year yet, after all.)

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Rather Hiddink to save the season!

Anyway.

I know Advocaat's performance last-year was sub-par, but I'm wondering where to put Slot's performance this year. Is he overperforming with the squad, or is this there 'expected performance' based on talent, and is there yet another gear to come once Slot has really implemented his ideas? (He hasn't even been at Feyenoord half a year yet, after all.)
He his overperforming no doubt mainly due to the fact the squad has been all over the place the last few years and then losing our best player, it felt like it could be a couple of years before we could challenge the top 2 again but Slot has brought in a few players that suit his style and we've stepped up from last season conaiderably.

I remember the game away at Gronigen last year, one of the worst games I've ever seen in my life, that was was Dick at his limpest, so to speak. Night and day from this season. I just pray we get that UCL spot, get some money and really really back Slot.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
He his overperforming no doubt mainly due to the fact the squad has been all over the place the last few years and then losing our best player, it felt like it could be a couple of years before we could challenge the top 2 again but Slot has brought in a few players that suit his style and we've stepped up from last season conaiderably.

I remember the game away at Gronigen last year, one of the worst games I've ever seen in my life, that was was Dick at his limpest, so to speak. Night and day from this season. I just pray we get that UCL spot, get some money and really really back Slot.
Exciting times! Will be fun if Feyenoord can be up there consistenly again. The more competition for the top spot, the better!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
We actually started very well this match then conceded that dumb goal, got a great goal back then Til decided to channel his inner Berghuis. Still bit weird that the ref allows his linesman to overrule him from 27 kilometers away.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
We actually started very well this match then conceded that dumb goal, got a great goal back then Til decided to channel his inner Berghuis. Still bit weird that the ref allows his linesman to overrule him from 27 kilometers away.
Tough place to come and play and these lot are complete shithouses, I had a feeling there'd be a red in this game. Apart from the two brainfart moments we've been good.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Tough place to come and play and these lot are complete shithouses, I had a feeling there'd be a red in this game. Apart from the two brainfart moments we've been good.
Don't talk about shithousing. I saw Feyenoord using some tricks they learnt from Atletico :lol:

As a neutral it's entertaining as hell. Good luck keeping the point.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Denied a goal by lack of var. Obviously over the line. The defender heads it forward and it hits the crossbar.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
What's interesting about Feyenoord is how versatile they are. Very effective at pressing but also parking the bus like we saw now and against PSV and it seems they've improved quite a bit on the ball as well.

Their back up goalkeeper is a joke. They'd have won this game with 10 men if it included Bijlow.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
We are now virtually past Portugal on the coefficient in 2024. If we can keep ahead of them we will have 2 direct CL tickets by then. This is a bit of a freak season though. With a bit of luck we will have all our teams in Europe after the winter break, though PSV and Vitesse are not there yet, Ajax, AZ and Feyenoord all won their group.

The Conference league is great for us. "big" teams like Spurs feel too superior for it (no idea why, I guess they want to focus on being irrelevant in all other competition), but the coefficient points are the same for a win.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Kicker and Bild both report that Schmidt is the top name on Leipzig's shortlist. Bild even go so far as to claim they already had contact and Schmidt promised to make a decision by next Sunday.
Is there actually a chance that PSV would let him out of his contract over Christmas?

VanDeBank

Ma’am

Kicker and Bild both report that Schmidt is the top name on Leipzig's shortlist. Bild even go so far as to claim they already had contact and Schmidt promised to make a decision by next Sunday.
Is there actually a chance that PSV would let him out of his contract over Christmas?
Last season:
  • Lost first knockout game of the europa league against Olympiakos
  • Finished 16 points off top
  • No cup
This season:
  • Failed to qualify for the CL
  • 3rd place in the league, 2 points off top
  • Must draw Real Sociedad away to finished 2nd in the Europa League groups
I think he'll leave if he loses to Sociedad on Thursday.
I don't think fans would mind. @Eendracht maakt macht thoughts?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Last season:
  • Lost first knockout game of the europa league against Olympiakos
  • Finished 16 points off top
  • No cup
This season:
  • Failed to qualify for the CL
  • 3rd place in the league, 2 points off top
  • Must draw Real Sociedad away to finished 2nd in the Europa League groups
I think he'll leave if he loses to Sociedad on Thursday.
I don't think fans would mind. @Eendracht maakt macht thoughts?
The two sides of this coin are that Schmidt might not be getting a consistent top-level performance out of this PSV squad; but that he's not too far off and it's not clear who could come in and do better. Except if PSV have already identified a potentially awesome successor to Schmidt, giving him up would be a giant gamble for PSV.

As for who could replace Schmidt - within the Netherlands, maybe Vitesse's Thomas Letsch or AZ's Pascal Jansen? Leitsch has Vitesse playing good football and performing well, and while Jansen is not having a great this season, it has to be kept in mind that he lost almost all of his key players at once. He otherwise seemed to be a carbon copy of Arne Slot last season - although I don't really know too much about him, maybe he is also messing things up himself this season.