Eredivisie 2021-22

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
If it's any help, @KirkDuyt and @therealtboy, I just read that Feyenoord beat Ajax 4-1 at a sold out Varkenoord in front of a crowd of 2,400 in the first ever women's klassieker.

It's the first season Feyenoord have a team in the women's Eredivisie and they were the underdog going into the match, so it's quite the achievement. They can go top, too, if they win their game in hand. (Only the fifth of the season though; but there are only nine teams in the league.)

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
If it's any help, @KirkDuyt and @therealtboy, I just read that Feyenoord beat Ajax 4-1 at a sold out Varkenoord in front of a crowd of 2,400 in the first ever women's klassieker.

It's the first season Feyenoord have a team in the women's Eredivisie and they were the underdog going into the match, so it's quite the achievement. They can go top, too, if they win their game in hand. (Only the fifth of the season though; but there are only nine teams in the league.)
Always special at any level to beat Ajax, great result for the ladies especially this being a new team but they've built a good team, players like Sophie CoBuses and Pia Rijsdijk are really good so I expect them to only get better.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Yeah awesome, who cares :wenger:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Good news for the Ajax ladies. Feyenoord usually win the first of everything, then call it a day for the next couple of decades :wenger:

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Good news for the Ajax ladies. Feyenoord usually win the first of everything, then call it a day for the next couple of decades :wenger:
Laugh now, but our team is just a Pierre van Hooijdonk or Roy Makaay away from winning. :wenger:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
With your pudgy, bald leader anything is possible. Unless Ajax poaches him.
I'm sure they're still quite content with their mumbling bald magician really.

I mean, no one ever accused Ajax of having taste.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
God I hate football.
why? Your club got 25 minutes of extra time in 2 matches? Should be enough to get a win right?

For those who don't watch the Eredivisie, the 25 minutes of extra time is legit...

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
why? Your club got 25 minutes of extra time in 2 matches? Should be enough to get a win right?

For those who don't watch the Eredivisie, the 25 minutes of extra time is legit...
Not sure what your point is. Are you saying the 7 minutes today or the stoppage time in that horrorshow against Vitesse were excessive? About time refs start actually adding time in response to time wasting. 7 minutes was on the low side if you ask me.

As for why I hate football, it's because I support Feyenoord obviously.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Not sure what your point is. Are you saying the 7 minutes today or the stoppage time in that horrorshow against Vitesse were excessive? About time refs start actually adding time in response to time wasting. 7 minutes was on the low side if you ask me.

As for why I hate football, it's because I support Feyenoord obviously.
that Feyenoord sucks ofcourse:devil:

But really, even if it was deserved, 25 minutes of stoppage time is too much

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
that Feyenoord sucks ofcourse:devil:

But really, even if it was deserved, 25 minutes of stoppage time is too much
I dunno man, time wasting is so shite. Surely as an Ajax fan you must agree. All teams do it against you lot even more.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Why 35 minutes per half of clean time where the clocks stops when the ball is out of play still isnt a thing is beyond me... Would solve so many things...

Also.. Why refs are never acting on the rule keepers can only have the ball in their hands for 6 seconds is beyond me... This happens sooo often when teams are stretching for time..

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Why 35 minutes per half of clean time where the clocks stops when the ball is out of play still isnt a thing is beyond me... Would solve so many things...

Also.. Why refs are never acting on the rule keepers can only have the ball in their hands for 6 seconds is beyond me... This happens sooo often when teams are stretching for time..
Only thing I can think of is that matches would take too long perhaps?

Other solution would be to just crack down on time wasting far more harshly. Not just by adding an exponential amount of stoppage time, but by booking someone everytime they waste time and have a time limit for taking a set piece.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Only thing I can think of is that matches would take too long perhaps?

Other solution would be to just crack down on time wasting far more harshly. Not just by adding an exponential amount of stoppage time, but by booking someone everytime they waste time and have a time limit for taking a set piece.
I agree, things like time wasting, cheating/acting should be thé main priority to bannish out of football.. That can only be achieved by either bending the rules like the suggestion for clean time, or extremely excessive punishment.

You make a dive for a penalty? Fixed red card plus three games suspension.. You grab your head as if youve been ellbowed where you are obviously only touched on your arm? Fixed red card plus three games suspension.. Stuff like that..

Sounds extreme but you will only banish it like this... Right now there is hardly anything to lose when you attempt to cheat/waste time.. When the ref doenst fall for it you get a yellow card at most, but when the red dóes fall for it you might get a pen or the opponent might get send off.. Thats way way way out of balance..

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I'm sure they're still quite content with their mumbling bald magician really.

I mean, no one ever accused Ajax of having taste.
I mean you have bold and you have bold.. Ten Hag is bold, but Slot's head is smoother than a snooker ball..

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
I dunno man, time wasting is so shite. Surely as an Ajax fan you must agree. All teams do it against you lot even more.
Oh i agree, every team is timewasting against Ajax, but those matches never get this much stoppage time, probably because the game is over anyway because Ajax is too strong :D

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
538’s strong rating of Ajax doesn’t look too excessive any longer. Big win tonight right now.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
538’s strong rating of Ajax doesn’t look too excessive any longer. Big win tonight right now.
Yeah when Ajax are at their best, few teams come close. Obviously our star quality is nowhere near but just a great team.

However we don't get this every single week. As Utrecht showed.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
No, I still haven't gotten around to it, I'm ashamed to say. Is it any good?
I definitely enjoy it.. Think in some aspects I hoped for a bit more behind-the-scenes-fireworks (for example with the wage-cut drama and the fired youth coaches and the wrong email), but I dont really know what I expected though.. The focus is really on the first team and that's i think really fun to watch. There is also some attention for Koevermars and Arnesen, which is interesting, but it's not much and it doesn't go into that much depth. Some of the supporters they portray are really entertaining.

What strikes me is that Advocaat looks like a very mediocre manager if you ask me.. He only shouts 'dooddoeners', hardly really gets into tactical depth, only says things Ive also heared my amateur coaches shout to me as well.. Plus he literally does everything in Dutch while Senesi, Sinisterra and Pratto are sitting right in front of him.. Crazy..

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Aja, Fey, AZ win. PSV draw. Vit loss.

The Eredivisie is virtually in 6th place on the coefficients ranking, slightly ahead of Portugal now. Still quite a bit behind France.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I read that they were in first for this season at the start of the week. I don't know if that will have changed. PSV should definitely get their act together, they're embarrassing the rest! What's up with that, @Eendracht maakt macht? The season started so well!

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
I read that they were in first for this season at the start of the week. I don't know if that will have changed. PSV should definitely get their act together, they're embarrassing the rest! What's up with that, @Eendracht maakt macht? The season started so well!
Loads of injuries and seem we run out of gas early so we can’t press like at the beginning of the season. Still all to play for though. Strange how sentiment can differ while it’s all within 2 points.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Loads of injuries and seem we run out of gas early so we can’t press like at the beginning of the season. Still all to play for though. Strange how sentiment can differ while it’s all within 2 points.
Yeah, you are still really close in the league; but I had thought you would do better in Europe after that roaring start, and from what I'm reading, league performances aren't very impressive right now either. It almost seems like the squad is already tiring, which would be insanely early in the season. But having Gakpo, Götze, and Madueke out injured at the same time is obviously a big loss.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Yeah, you are still really close in the league; but I had thought you would do better in Europe after that roaring start, and from what I'm reading, league performances aren't very impressive right now either. It almost seems like the squad is already tiring, which would be insanely early in the season. But having Gakpo, Götze, and Madueke out injured at the same time is obviously a big loss.
Sure it's a loss but their attacking subs have been a pleasant surprise. Their real problem is that they're leaking too many goals. 19 in the league so far. For comparison: Ajax have conceded 2, Utrecht 12 and Feyenoord 13 (with a game in hand).

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Sure it's a loss but their attacking subs have been a pleasant surprise. Their real problem is that they're leaking too many goals. 19 in the league so far. For comparison: Ajax have conceded 2, Utrecht 12 and Feyenoord 13 (with a game in hand).
Apart from Vertessen they haven’t been a pleasant surprise at all. You are right about the defence.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Cyriel Dessers has won it as a sub 3 games in a row with two coming deep in injury time. My second child will be called Cyriel (sorry future child).

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Feyenoord can take the lead in the league with their game in hand :lol:
We will cock that up and draw against Heracles, but the fact we're this close (or sort of ahead) to Ajax is mental. The quality gap between Ajax and Feyenoord is probably the biggest it has been in history. Their bench probably has 10 times the value of our entire squad.

Not sure who scouted Daramy though, he's rubbish.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Advocaat should be ashamed out of his guts for the way he set Feyenoord up last year, looking at them now..

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Advocaat should be ashamed out of his guts for the way he set Feyenoord up last year, looking at them now..
PEC though... One of the worst teams in the league this century.

Chuffed we actually destroy a bad team for a change though.