Eredivisie 2021-22

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
PSV at the top, and it's all thanks to Drommel :drool:

I've pulled this old cow out of the ditch:
I thought about this when he made that mistake :lol:. He did save us at the end but Pasveer has been miles better. That’s for sure! Bit crazy that with all the negative sentiment around PSV we are top of the league with de Klassieker next week.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
@Eendracht maakt macht

You must massively enjoy Ajax supporters like me getting frustrated as hell by another one of PSV's signature last minute wins (at least thats how it feels haha)...

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Haha yes. The good old times! Don’t think we will become champions though. We’re not good enough.
It will be a close one till the end I reckon.. I must ay Im not unhappy you will likely have quite a few late thursday evenings coming up, hopefully in the very depths of Eastern Europe..

Eendracht maakt macht

Supports
PSV Eindhoven
It will be a close one till the end I reckon.. I must ay Im not unhappy you will likely have quite a few late thursday evenings coming up, hopefully in the very depths of Eastern Europe..
That’s also a big disadvantage. Although I do love those trips to Eastern Europe as an away fan!

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Ajax with a major opportunity to overtake Portugal in the UEFA Coefficients with the Benfica draw. Definitely not an easy game, but I think Ajax are slight favourites..

PSV should get passed Maccabi without much difficulty I guess. I have no clue about the strenght of Rapid Wien, but looking at their results I reckon Vitesse have a good shot there as well..

Not a bad draw on paper for the Eredivisie teams..

SparkedIntoLife

Rensch playing in the reserves is such a waste of talent (he's regressed so much playing there) and Mazraoui leaving for free is an even bigger waste.
Hi VanDeBank. If you could please, can you clarify why Rensch is in the reserves? He seemed very promising. I saw quotes from Tagliafico recently indicating that Ten Hag treats players on the periphery almost as persona non grata. Is this true? Is he good at rotating his squad, incorporating youth etc or does he play favourites? I have few concerns about Ten Hag as possible future United manager but this might be one of them.

Mazraoui is an interesting player considering AWB’s lack of progress and the big asterisk against Dalot’s name. I’m surprised I haven’t heard more rumours about him being linked to top clubs given he’s soon available on a free.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Hi VanDeBank. If you could please, can you clarify why Rensch is in the reserves? He seemed very promising. I saw quotes from Tagliafico recently indicating that Ten Hag treats players on the periphery almost as persona non grata. Is this true? Is he good at rotating his squad, incorporating youth etc or does he play favourites? I have few concerns about Ten Hag as possible future United manager but this might be one of them.

Mazraoui is an interesting player considering AWB’s lack of progress and the big asterisk against Dalot’s name. I’m surprised I haven’t heard more rumours about him being linked to top clubs given he’s soon available on a free.
Rensch plays in the reserves because the starters are better (Mazraoui, Blind, Tagliafico among them). He's only 18 and with Mazraoui likely to leave I think he will get plenty of game time next year.

ETH has admitted he isn't good at rotating. However, part of the problem is squad related. Guys like Mazraoui and Alvarez are too important for the way they play and hard to replace. Ajax is noticeably weaker when they're not in the team, like vs AZ recently when Mazraoui was absent and or Besiktas w/o Alvarez.

Mazraoui might be the best player in the league, he just hasn't replicated his amazing performances in the CL games. He seems somewhat injury prone. Not sure if he could cope with the physicality of other leagues.

I don't see any favoritism, ETH just plays his best players and his best team. He's good at incorporating youth, it's Ajax mate.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Love the way we are bullying Ajax and making them frustrated, yellow cards flying all over the place. Wish fans were allowed, atmosphere would have been out of this world.

Edit: Typical, Ajax have just scored.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Love the way we are bullying Ajax and making them frustrated, yellow cards flying all over the place. Wish fans were allowed, atmosphere would have been out of this world.

Edit: Typical, Ajax have just scored.
No, Feyenoord just scored, in their own goal :D

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
No, Feyenoord just scored, in their own goal :D
It's so annoying, we gave you guys zero control and chances, apart from the AZ and Heracles games, Ajax have been able to play their game against every team but today we stifled everything and dominated the tempo till that crap.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Typical Klassieker for us at home. Shite game, could go both ways, we end up losing.

Antony is a monumental cnut, my God :lol:

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Feyenoord - Ajax made the average United game the past seven years look like the final minutes of the '99 Bayern - United final..

My god, this was terrible on the eyes from both sides..

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Both Malacia and Wijndal have been great lately. I wouldn't be suprised if Van Gaal takes them both and moves Blind to a midfield role.

Rensch is class and Geertruida deserves more hype.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Both Malacia and Wijndal have been great lately. I wouldn't be suprised if Van Gaal takes them both and moves Blind to a midfield role.

Rensch is class and Geertruida deserves more hype.
Quite the chance I think Van Gaal with play with a back 3/5 (depends how you explain it), which will give the option to move Blind to the centre next to 2 right-footed central defenders (Timber/DeLigt/VanDijk/DeVrij), besides being an option on the left (competing with Malacia/Wijndal)..

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Veerman to Feyenoord in the works? IMO on the ball he's the best midfielder in the league. Off the ball he is ridiculously lazy. If Slot can light a fire in him like he did with Kokcu, he can be great player.

Quite the chance I think Van Gaal with play with a back 3/5 (depends how you explain it), which will give the option to move Blind to the centre next to 2 right-footed central defenders (Timber/DeLigt/VanDijk/DeVrij), besides being an option on the left (competing with Malacia/Wijndal)..
LVG has a hard on for left footed CBs, so this seems likely. I think Malacia and Wijndal are defensive type fullbacks that wont excel in a 3-5-2 like Dumfries.

Weirdly enough, Bergwijn actually has better stats playing RW than LW. If he can find some form for Spurs that solves the RW problem.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Veerman to Feyenoord in the works? IMO on the ball he's the best midfielder in the league. Off the ball he is ridiculously lazy. If Slot can light a fire in him like he did with Kokcu, he can be great player.

LVG has a hard on for left footed CBs, so this seems likely. I think Malacia and Wijndal are defensive type fullbacks that wont excel in a 3-5-2 like Dumfries.

Weirdly enough, Bergwijn actually has better stats playing RW than LW. If he can find some form for Spurs that solves the RW problem.
I'm really not set on Veerman yet.. I mean, he can obviously play, but everytime I watch him for a full game (which is only potentially against better opponents) he looks like shit..

I think Malacia end especially Wijndal could be coached/developed into wingbacks in een 352/532.. One of the key factors on being a good wingback is timing for when to go deep.. That makes the likes of Hateboer and Dumfries excel on that position even though their obvious limitations. Wijndal and Malacia still have everything to prove there..

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
ESPN team of the season seems fair, though I'd personally select Toornstra over Antony.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
:lol: FFS

Excluding the big 3 would be fair.
Or just exclude us, since we always hijack these things :)

On a serious note, While obviously Feyenoord does not have the best players, as a team and most of em individually have performed amazingly well the first half of this season. It's been the most fun period of being a Feyenoord fan since we won the league. We will ultimately finish 3rd at best I think, but staying close to Ajax and PSV for half the league and even being in Europe after the winterbreak is more than enough to make me happy.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I'm reading somewhere Kokcu and Aursnes stopped being nominated because ESPN didn't want to end up with Feyenoord's XI :lol:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
also I may be completely off here as I don't watch Dutch football regularly anymore , but I feel its less tactically diverse than it used to be during its hay day in the 80s and early 90s when I found enjoyment watching their organized play and the mercurial youth that they put out (romario Ronaldo etc) ,today it seems that most teams are just playing a much more streamlined version of progressive football which I find suffocating. Though I might be absolutely in the wrong here so would love to be corrected.
I'll respond to this bit here, as it fits the context better and might get more input from more knowledgeable posters.

I suppose it's true that possession football is pretty common in the Eredivisie, but then there are a lot of different variants of it. Wasn't that similar in the past?

It has anyway changed constantly over the years this century: Ajax was a more boring possession side under De Boer, and PSV poor under Van Bommel; and other coaches did their own thing with them. Feyenoord had been all over the place for years until.finally getting a possession/pressing coach in Slot this season. AZ has had a fair few styles, and so on and so forth. The only constant I see is that you don't often have sides that sit back on purpose as their main strategy across most matches.

But again, others will know this better.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'll respond to this bit here, as it fits the context better and might get more input from more knowledgeable posters.

I suppose it's true that possession football is pretty common in the Eredivisie, but then there are a lot of different variants of it. Wasn't that similar in the past?

It has anyway changed constantly over the years this century: Ajax was a more boring possession side under De Boer, and PSV poor under Van Bommel; and other coaches did their own thing with them. Feyenoord had been all over the place for years until.finally getting a possession/pressing coach in Slot this season. AZ has had a fair few styles, and so on and so forth. The only constant I see is that you don't often have sides that sit back on purpose as their main strategy across most matches.

But again, others will know this better.
I think actually at the moment the Eredivisie is quite diverse. Ajax has their fluid attacking style with alot of movement and short passes. PSV have their volgas fussball with Ramgnick disciple Roger Schmidt and Feyenoord play a bit of a hybrid of the 2 under Slot albeit with a much cheaper squad (we are obviously most impressive :D)

Another thing that has shifted is that some of the smaller sides have actually adopted the park the bus and shithouse around tactics against the bigger teams. We still have sides like Heerenveen and Cambuur (both from the North,maybe it's a trend) that refuse to stop going forward and often get slaughtered for it against the bigger teams, but are fun to watch when playing their pears. So I actually think our league is fine in that respect.

We do indeed no longer have Ronald's and Romario's, but that's because the, Citys and Reals (or United in case of Chong) of the world pay 45 million and a huge wage for any toddler that knows the offside rule now and our clubs just cannot keep hold of the really big talents anymore. Though Ajax might become the exception if they keep up their results in Europe.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Veerman to PSV and Bazoer potentially to Feyenoord.

Really excited about these moves. They're my two favorite players in the league, so less games to watch :D

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Another thing that has shifted is that some of the smaller sides have actually adopted the park the bus and shithouse around tactics against the bigger teams. We still have sides like Heerenveen and Cambuur (both from the North,maybe it's a trend) that refuse to stop going forward and often get slaughtered for it against the bigger teams, but are fun to watch when playing their pears. So I actually think our league is fine in that respect.
But what about when they play apples or oranges?

anant

Not related completely to Eredivisie, but how is RVN doing at PSV U-21s?

I know they are 11th in the table, but is it par with their team, or should he be doing better?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Not related completely to Eredivisie, but how is RVN doing at PSV U-21s?

I know they are 11th in the table, but is it par with their team, or should he be doing better?
I checked their line up and I haven't heard anything about any one of their players.

Doesn't say too much, PSV aren't too good at hyping their kids. Keep in mind, PSV's youth team plays in the actual 2nd division, just below the Eredivisie and Ajax is the only youth team higher on the table.

Long story short, maybe @Eendracht maakt macht can answer your question, if he follows the youth team.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I checked their line up and I haven't heard anything about any one of their players.

Doesn't say too much, PSV aren't too good at hyping their kids. Keep in mind, PSV's youth team plays in the actual 2nd division, just below the Eredivisie and Ajax is the only youth team higher on the table.
These '2' teams are also very hard to coach, since player availability depends on what's happening with the first team
Long story short, maybe @Eendracht maakt macht can answer your question, if he follows the youth team.
*She, if I'm not confused now.

Graveyard

Question for the eredivisie followers: who would you say are the best 10 players of the eredivisie currently and of those players who has a serious future in a top 5 league?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Question for the eredivisie followers: who would you say are the best 10 players of the eredivisie currently and of those players who has a serious future in a top 5 league?
Tadic
Antony
Berghuis
Timber

Feck it this is too depressing. It's probably 8 Ajax players with Gakpo and Sangare mixed in and maybe Bijlow
Out of those I'd say those two as well as Antony and Timber could go far. The rest are too old.

I'm also a massive fan of our right back Pedersen, but he's not a top 10 Eredivisie player. Who knows though, he might surprise the world.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
These'll end up somewhere:

Timber
Sangare
Mazraoui
Bijlow
Gakpo
Antony
Malacia
Kokcu

I don't rate Wijndal much, but who knows.

Talented, not the finished product:
Veerman
Gravenberch
Rensch
Madueke

Left out Tadic, Berghuis, Blind, Trauner, Bazoer, Linssen etc. They're not going anywhere.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Hmm this is not really a straightforward answer. First there is not necessarily an overlap between the two questions.. For example Blind Tadic and Berghuis woud definitely be in the list of best players, but its not likely for them to make another move to a bigger competition..

On the other hand you mention a top 5 league, which also consists of clubs like Ausburg and Stade Reims, and there are a lot of players in the Eredivisie who could end up at at least such a level club.

But given how you phrased the question I think you are looking for the top talent who could potentially end up at a top 6 PL club or top 4 club in France, Italy, Germany, Spain..

Ajax:
Main contenders: Antony, Timber, Mazraoui, Gravenberch, Alvarez, Martinez, Onana
Could get there: Neres, Schuurs, Rensch, Taylor, Kudus (if he stays fit), Brobbey

Feyenoord:
Main contenders: Senesi, Bijlow, Malacia, Sinisterra
Could get there: Kokcu, Geertruida, Aursnes, Pedersen

PSV:
Main contenders: Sangare, Gakpo, Madueke
Could get there: Boscagli, Veerman, Vertessen, perhaps Obispo (I rate him..)

Other teams:
Main contenders: Wijndal (AZ), Midsjo (AZ)
Could get there: Suslov (FC Groningen), Bazoer (Vitesse) Karlsson (AZ), Openda (Vitesse), Doekhi (Vitesse)

I left out players in of a higher age category like Blind, Tadic, Klaassen, Berghuis, Tagliafico, Zahavi, Gotze, Ramalho, Trauner, Toornstra...

Propably a lot to argue about with other Eredivise followers who would disagree about certain players, but for @Graveyard I think it gives a decent overview..

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Hmm this is not really a straightforward answer. First there is not necessarily an overlap between the two questions.. For example Blind Tadic and Berghuis woud definitely be in the list of best players, but its not likely for them to make another move to a bigger competition..

On the other hand you mention a top 5 league, which also consists of clubs like Ausburg and Stade Reims, and there are a lot of players in the Eredivisie who could end up at at least such a level club.

But given how you phrased the question I think you are looking for the top talent who could potentially end up at a top 6 PL club or top 4 club in France, Italy, Germany, Spain..

Ajax:
Main contenders: Antony, Timber, Mazraoui, Gravenberch, Alvarez, Martinez, Onana
Could get there: Neres, Schuurs, Rensch, Taylor, Kudus (if he stays fit), Brobbey

Feyenoord:

PSV:

Other teams:
Could get there: Suslov (FC Groningen), Bazoer (Vitesse) Karlsson (AZ), Openda (Vitesse), Doekhi (Vitesse)

I left out players in of a higher age category like Blind, Tadic, Klaassen, Berghuis, Tagliafico, Zahavi, Gotze, Ramalho, Trauner, Toornstra...

Propably a lot to argue about with other Eredivise followers who would disagree about certain players, but for @Graveyard I think it gives a decent overview..
This is a great post. Sinisterra is an obvious I forgot. There's definitely a few debatable ones on here (I like your list though), so let's not get into that.

Right now I don't see anyone in the league that will 100% make it for a top, top team, except Onana.
The closest ones are Timber and Sangare I think, but it remains to be seen if Sangare can do what he does on the ball right now in a higher tempo league, or if he'll fumble it like he did most of last season. Defensively he'll be immense for any team, including the PL, I think.

Timber's problem is his height. I don't see him being converted to a CDM or RB. He's a CB through and through.

Rensch IMO is the most talented of the bunch. He just has it all.

Mazraoui is arguably the best player in the league, he just seems to have some fitness issues. Not sure he'll make it in the PL. He seems Barca bound.

Eendracht maakt macht

Supports
PSV Eindhoven

@anant He's highly rated within the academy. Most of the players who worked with him, especially the attackers (logically) rave about him. Bakayoko, a Belgian and one of our biggest talent for instance.

Can't say too much about style and play or stuff because I didn't watch our youth team enough this year. Not so much talent around in this team with only Bakayoko and Seelt who I see making the first team (along with Fofana who already is involved with the first team) so the place on the table is decent. Next year will be interesting as a lot of promising players come through to his team.

I think he is very good in front of the camera. Very calm and not making any excuses. He also wants to take his time with his managing career stating he doesn't take the PSV job if it's offered to him this summer so you might have to wait some years before he manages United :D.

Eendracht maakt macht

Supports
PSV Eindhoven

Ajax:

Feyenoord:

PSV:

Other teams:

Great and balanced list I think. I don't rate Obispo and Senesi though. Timber, Antony and Madueke have the most change of playing for a top team I think and of course Onana but he is basically gone. Sangare will be a very good PL player but maybe just below the top teams.

anant

@anant He's highly rated within the academy. Most of the players who worked with him, especially the attackers (logically) rave about him. Bakayoko, a Belgian and one of our biggest talent for instance.

Can't say too much about style and play or stuff because I didn't watch our youth team enough this year. Not so much talent around in this team with only Bakayoko and Seelt who I see making the first team (along with Fofana who already is involved with the first team) so the place on the table is decent. Next year will be interesting as a lot of promising players come through to his team.

I think he is very good in front of the camera. Very calm and not making any excuses. He also wants to take his time with his managing career stating he doesn't take the PSV job if it's offered to him this summer so you might have to wait some years before he manages United :D.
Thanks. I've seen Madueke and Bakayoko speak highly of him. And since he was my favourite player when he was here, was interested in knowing if he's doing well.

I also like the approach he's taken to management - not going straight into a big job, but growing gradually. Hope he becomes a successful manager and maybe one day, who knows, manages us

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Actually a bit nervous towards PSV - Ajax next Sunday. Ajax are favorites and rightfully so I think.. Im also quite confident we can get a win there, but still.. A loss would be very problematic and PSV looks quite consistent lately.. I really really want to win..