Eredivisie 2022/23

King Kendrick

not quite. The new DoF has a new policy(although similar to Overmars' policy) that the manager isn't really involved in transfers. Bosz wanted a lot of control, that's why it even took PSV this long to sign him.
I know Mislintat doesn’t play well with others from his Dortmund days, but this is the most head scratching managerial appointment I’ve seen in a while. He’s also been dumped twice, and the the fact that Bosz and Steijn were considered during the same hiring cycle is ridiculous, strictly w/r/t their polar opposite play style. I don’t think handing all the keys of the kingdom over to SM immediately is a wise move, and probably would’ve benefited from the strong personality like that of Bosz to try and reign him in, but I’m open to being wrong.

Mike1976

Supports
Ajax & United, in that order
Honestly I thought maybe Gallardo was waiting for a top club to come calling, but seeing as he’s in the mix for Marseille, could Ajax not have tempted him? Just seems like such an uninspiring appointment. Still early days of the window, and Branco on paper is a great signing, but seems very much business as usual of the past year. Any more kids being pushed through to the first team besides Hato Dongen (if we’re being geberous) and Fitz-Jim? Not well versed on the academy.
Gallardo turned down Ajax in IIRC Nov. or Dec. of last year. I don't think they were under the impression that he was ever going to sign for Ajax no matter the timing.

I know Mislintat doesn’t play well with others from his Dortmund days, but this is the most head scratching managerial appointment I’ve seen in a while. He’s also been dumped twice, and the the fact that Bosz and Steijn were considered during the same hiring cycle is ridiculous, strictly w/r/t their polar opposite play style. I don’t think handing all the keys of the kingdom over to SM immediately is a wise move, and probably would’ve benefited from the strong personality like that of Bosz to try and reign him in, but I’m open to being wrong.
There's also currently no CEO and the supervisory board has had a make-over which doesn't help maintaining balance.

But last summer we had a CEO and two interns playing DOF which ended in disaster with over €100m p*ssed away on mediocre players at huge transfersums and wages. Theoretically this shouldn't go as poorly in the football department as back then since the transferbudget is unknown, but significantly lower and Mislintat isn't known to spend big (always relative of course).

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Apparently Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle are interested in Quinten Timber. Think he can actually get to that level in time.

Last edited: