Eredivisie 2022/23

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Not like this. Not against fecking Volendam :(
You'll sure get a penalty or else Veerman missing sitters will close the deal or an own goal or something.

Edit: There it is.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
So what do we think my fellow Dutch league enthusiasts? All signs point to us getting a result in Amsterdam tomorrow. Even the 20.00 o clock news did an item on it with lots of optimistic Feyenoord fans.

Fully expecting a comprehensive 4-0 Ajax win.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
So what do we think my fellow Dutch league enthusiasts? All signs point to us getting a result in Amsterdam tomorrow. Even the 20.00 o clock news did an item on it with lots of optimistic Feyenoord fans.

Fully expecting a comprehensive 4-0 Ajax win.
I think I can decidedly say that it could go either way. Feyenoord has the better 'machine', but Ajax has the better players and finally found some form. If this was still Schreuder's Ajax, I'd favour Feyenoord, but now, I don't know.

I hope you win, mind. There is absolutely no need for another Ajax title. (Ever, but especially after the Ten Hag years.)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I think I can decidedly say that it could go either way. Feyenoord has the better 'machine', but Ajax has the better players and finally found some form. If this was still Schreuder's Ajax, I'd favour Feyenoord, but now, I don't know.

I hope you win, mind. There is absolutely no need for another Ajax title. (Ever, but especially after the Ten Hag years.)
Form and results only count for so much in this match up. Of the last 20 Ajax Feyenoord matches Feyenoord won only once, drew twice and lost 17 times. It's a mental block for us at this point.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
This game could really go either ways.. Im not daring to do any hard predictions... I'd say if Ajax doesn't win, Feyenoord made its first step on the red carpet towards the championship..

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This game could really go either ways.. Im not daring to do any hard predictions... I'd say if Ajax doesn't win, Feyenoord made its first step on the red carpet towards the championship..
If we somehow win tomorrow it's time to declare that not winning the title would be a bottle job.

King Kendrick

I think on the balance if it, they’re the deserved winners this year, so I hope Feyenoord win. At Ajax will be tough though, but hoping for a banger and not a nervy 1-0/0-0 performance regardless. Hoping for @KirkDuyt sake it’s a repeat of Thursday :), although I do see at least one of the Steve’s and Kudus scoring

Pentagruel

Damn I’m nervous for tomorrow’s game versus Ajax… Feyenoord has legitimately been better this season and they should win… but Ajax’s mini revival has got me worried. I can’t remember the last time I’ve felt Feyenoord was actually the favorite for the title this late into the season.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Damn I’m nervous for tomorrow’s game versus Ajax… Feyenoord has legitimately been better this season and they should win… but Ajax’s mini revival has got me worried. I can’t remember the last time I’ve felt Feyenoord was actually the favorite for the title this late into the season.
2016/2017 surely? Hope it ends the same way.

The title race that js, not Ajax - Feyenoord, since I seem to remember we lost 4-1 there that year..

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
The team to score first will win. If Feyenoord scores first it will give them wings and the confidence gained Thursday will give them the momentum. They say winning team don't feel fatigue but if Ajax scores first the Feyenoord players will start to feel the Thursday match in their legs. That combined with the fact Feyenoord almost never wins in Amsterdam will do them in.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I just dont see us winning. Happy if we don't get hammered 4-0, elated if we get 1 point. 3 points would be madness.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Bassey though, my God this guy is bad.
What's worse is that Heitinga refuses to take him off. I mean it when I say if we made no incoming transfers last summer we would not have been worse. Wijndal, Bassey, Bergwijn all as useful as a chocolate teapot.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
YEEEEESSSSSSSKENXKOWMDKELWMND9EKDKXLPENDKEKDMDMDK

Edit: I mean YEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSJDKPCNEKDKD

ti vu

Dutch title is Feyenoord to lose now. Don't really have big games left on their fixture, when other contenders having to play each others.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Apart from Slot, what's the reason Feyenoord are this good now?
None. Slot looks like the next big thing after ETH. Congratulations @KirkDuyt. Well deserved. Today we paid the final installment on our mortgage for keeping Schreuder in charge after the Napoli defeat. This match would never have been so important hadn't we not won 7 matches in a row last year. That being said, kudos to Slot for exposing our weaknesses while minimalizing Feyenoord's.

King Kendrick

Congrats @KirkDuyt! Whoever signed Sanchez needs firing yesterday.

None. Slot looks like the next big thing after ETH. Congratulations @KirkDuyt. Well deserved. Today we paid the final installment on our mortgage for keeping Schreuder in charge after the Napoli defeat. This match would never have been so important hadn't we not won 7 matches in a row last year. That being said, kudos to Slot for exposing our weaknesses while minimalizing Feyenoord's.
Might be reactionary after a big loss, but I think the board should oust VdS after ducking around and refusing to sign a DoF, then keeping megamind in charge with his defeatist attitude on display after every press conference. While Slot is a great coach, he shouldn’t have been in a position to win the ED if Ajax were competent.

AjaxNL

Slot vs Heitinga is just unfair on Heitinga. Amazed that Ajax went for him, he proves to be absolutely clueless tactically so far. Won quite some Eredivisie matches so far, but that was mostly because of the far superior players vs most Eredivisie teams, and because he did actually seem to improve moral after schreuder left. Although in fairness, probably everybody could’ve done that. Hasn’t shown anything tactically so far. Ajax should have gone for Bosz, but we have van der Sar to thank for that. Vds is absolutely clueless as well, United best steer clear of him

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Congrats @KirkDuyt! Whoever signed Sanchez needs firing yesterday.

Might be reactionary after a big loss, but I think the board should oust VdS after ducking around and refusing to sign a DoF, then keeping megamind in charge with his defeatist attitude on display after every press conference. While Slot is a great coach, he shouldn’t have been in a position to win the ED if Ajax were competent.
Agreed.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Slot vs Heitinga is just unfair on Heitinga. Amazed that Ajax went for him, he proves to be absolutely clueless tactically so far. Won quite some Eredivisie matches so far, but that was mostly because of the far superior players vs most Eredivisie teams, and because he did actually seem to improve moral after schreuder left. Although in fairness, probably everybody could’ve done that. Hasn’t shown anything tactically so far. Ajax should have gone for Bosz, but we have van der Sar to thank for that. Vds is absolutely clueless as well, United best steer clear of him
Heitinga is just the temp though, right? I thought they hadn't decided yet for next season.

I'm also not all that impressed with Van der Sar though. He obviously struck gold with Overmars and Ten Hag previously, but they way he's dealt with the difficult situations the past year of so (Overmars's exit, his replacement, firing Schreuder; I suppose you could add hiring Schreuder there, but you can't get all appointments right anyway) hasn't been impressive.

Btw, what's the story with Reiziger? I read he's been doing quite well at Ajax but got passed over for Heitinga without much explanation to replace Schreuder, and is now looking to leave to become head coach somewhere else.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This is a bit excessive. We have the best back 4 in the league by some margin, Kokcu is one of the better midfielders in the league and Gimenez is turning out to be a very talented striker.

Our wingers are absolute dogshit though. No two ways about it.

Slot is an amazing trainer though. I'm starting to contemplate tattooing his bald head on my face.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
This is a bit excessive. We have the best back 4 in the league by some margin, Kokcu is one of the better midfielders in the league and Gimenez is turning out to be a very talented striker.

At times Gimenez reminds me of a young Luis Suarez, amazing balance and strength yet still very crafty.

Man-United

Slot is an amazing trainer though. I'm starting to contemplate tattooing his bald head on my face.
How about Wieffer?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
How about Wieffer?
Oh, yeah no idea how I forgot him. Really a surprise hit as we got him, because Twente wouldn't let go of Zerrouki and he got into the line up because of a Timber injury.

Been amazing the last 2 months even if him making the national team is a bit early.on the other hand, Kenneth Taylor made the cut too.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

I’d even go so far as to say you’ve got the best spine when you look at it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I’d even go so far as to say you’ve got the best spine when you look at it.
I dunno, Alvarez, and Kudus are really good. Though Kokcu, Wieffer, Szymanski is a close second at the moment and I have no idea what people see in Taylor.

Putting all banter aside

JAAAAA!!!!

What a win. Away at Ajax, pole position for the title. I cannot really fathom what to do with this type of situation.