Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His first game in a month and before that too he didn't play much because of injury and people have started to question his ability.

Regarding people moaning about him missing the header, there isn't a perfect CB who clears everything, if so that team will never concede a goal. If you rate anyone as a best CB, then go to reddit and download few of their matches and watch them and see how many times they concede goal scoring chances.

This expectations on CB is just unreal.

Andersons Dietician

I think what some have said about him living on a reputation has some truth to it. He clearly has something about his game but he really needs a lot of work upstairs with his decision maingand Reading o the game if he is to become truly outstanding. He’s jut very erratic in what he does at the moment.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Really rate him, but he needs to stay injury free next season (for some reason my hazy memory tells me that just as he's building up some form he usually gets injured) and cement his place as our undisputed best CB.

Also, I really dislike those karate kid like clearances he does, when he always seemingly "scruffs" the clearance in the opposite direction it was intended :lol:

A-man

This expectations on CB is just unreal.
Yes, it is a bit ridiculous. Most goals conceded in football are either by mistakes from CB or the goalkeeper. That’s the nature of the game.
Yet people judge the whole match performance from one missed header. Imagine that for a midfielder or a forward. Pogba lost one header or Lukaku missed one decent chance, and people would talk about it days after? Not going to happen, but with a CB one single mistake or lost ball is not accepted for some reason.

Alabaster Codify7

Been a terrible second season. A waste of season. Bailly needs a huge season after the summer and desperately needs to stay fit. Unsure if he can handle it, to be honest - I'm a big fan but have said from day 1 that, due to his gung-ho style, he's going to be very susceptible to contact injuries and potential red cards.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Still rate him massively and think he can be a beast of a defender. It's been a hard season with a long injury, hope to see him fit and ready for the next.

Castia

Great defender but injury prone to feck. We need to keep him fit.

SillyUsername

This man is an enigma. We're 2 years in and I still don't know if he's really any good and whether or not he's someone we can pin the badge on for the next 5 years.

Canagel

He is still quite raw but no doubt the potential is there. He has everything a modern centre back needs. The job is to find a solid, experienced head to play alongside him and build a partnership with him straight from the beginning of next season. He will really benefit from an experienced, calm centre back ie Alderweireld etc. Bailey also must stay fit and play all the games next season. My opinion is still unchanged. Over time he will establish himself as one of the best but must stay fit first.

Denis79

Still rate him massively and think he can be a beast of a defender. It's been a hard season with a long injury, hope to see him fit and ready for the next.
I share your sentiment. Think that if he stays fit he'll be among the first on the team sheet.

RedStarUnited

Joses logic not to play him because of the world cup would make sense if he applied it to mhhh lets see...Martial?

Something isnt right here I think.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Joses logic not to play him because of the world cup would make sense if he applied it to mhhh lets see...Martial?

Jones should never be starting over Bailly, not sure what the issue is
I don't understand why he's out of favour all of a sudden.
Jones has been better than Bailly all season. I'm not sure why so many people are confused about him then starting ahead of him.

Bailly had a few good games in the first few games of the season (although even then Jones was better), then he started playing terribly. He proceeded to get dropped, got injured, and when he finally came back his form was all over the place. A good game here and there, surrounded by poor form where he was all over the shop. Overall he's just been extremely inconsistent.

*sigh* I don't even particularly like Jones and I've never understood people who are big fans of his. I consider him (along with Rojo) to be the first to be sold if we do actually sign a new centreback. But that doesn't mean I'm going to blind myself to what has actually happened this season. Jones has been, along with Smalling, the only central defender who's had a remotely decent season. Bailly certainly has the potential to be better and I hope he reaches that next season, but going into this match Jones deserved to play ahead of him. In hindsight maybe Bailly would have been better, but it's always easy to say in hindsight. Bailly was, based on this season, even more likely to have a shocker of a match.

Zoo

Yeah he is in Mourinho’s bad books. It’s happening too easily nowadays, looks like Lukaku will be the next one.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He made a few mistakes, but it was hardly a reason to freeze him. Not talking only about this game. An aggressive type of defender like he is will always be prone to some odd mistake during the season. But, he will still make the team more assured and breed more confidence.

Ask opposition attackers who is the least of our defenders they would like to face and the answer would probably be him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I have no idea what's been happening with him this season. Usually it's a player who is bang average who disappears from a manager's plans. Bailey was highly rated and considered our best CB. I haven't seen this so call bad form of his either. He's had some injuries but that doesn't explain this near complete exclusion. And then there's the world cup reason which is extraordinarily stupid.

So yeah, don't know what on earth is going on with Bailly.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I gotta be honest and say that I think you guys massively overrate this guy in this forum. I'm sure he could turn out to be a good player but he has a long way to go to get there.

Treble

I gotta be honest and say that I think you guys massively overrate this guy in this forum. I'm sure he could turn out to be a good player but he has a long way to go to get there.
Very true. The longer he doesn't play, the better he gets.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Read in an article recently (Can't remember where) that he pulled out of the West Brom game, saying he was ill and then showed up for training the next day

Arsed if he stays or goes. Although, he's the best we currently have back there

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Jones has been better than Bailly all season. I'm not sure why so many people are confused about him then starting ahead of him.

Bailly had a few good games in the first few games of the season (although even then Jones was better), then he started playing terribly. He proceeded to get dropped, got injured, and when he finally came back his form was all over the place. A good game here and there, surrounded by poor form where he was all over the shop. Overall he's just been extremely inconsistent.

*sigh* I don't even particularly like Jones and I've never understood people who are big fans of his. I consider him (along with Rojo) to be the first to be sold if we do actually sign a new centreback. But that doesn't mean I'm going to blind myself to what has actually happened this season. Jones has been, along with Smalling, the only central defender who's had a remotely decent season. Bailly certainly has the potential to be better and I hope he reaches that next season, but going into this match Jones deserved to play ahead of him. In hindsight maybe Bailly would have been better, but it's always easy to say in hindsight. Bailly was, based on this season, even more likely to have a shocker of a match.
100% agreed. I am a massive fan of Bailly, and don't really rate Jones. But agreed with Mou on starting Smalling and Jones based on this season.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

People forget about competition and form its ridiculous. The twitter journos are trying to start something here with Bailly and Jose.

RedStarUnited

French squad was only announced a few days ago, this predates that
I meant that Sanchez isn't going to the world cup and he was playing day in day out. If he really cares about world cup, he would have found a way t play Martial more.

Minimalist

On plus side, despite playing feck all matches this season, he's been upgraded to world class according to the Caf now. Every cloud and all that.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I meant that Sanchez isn't going to the world cup and he was playing day in day out. If he really cares about world cup, he would have found a way t play Martial more.
Im not sure, just typical Jose nonsense maybe. Or maybe he was trying to get Smalling a shot at the england squad? Who knows. I still think he should have started over Jones in the cup final.

Canagel

It's a joke the way he's been frozen out. There are things happening behind the scenes that we're not being told I think. The WC excuse is a weak excuse. Bailly needs to play. We've already seen what qualities he has and I really believe he can be developed into one of the best in the world something the likes of Jones and Smalling will never be.

Last edited:

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
On plus side, despite playing feck all matches this season, he's been upgraded to world class according to the Caf now. Every cloud and all that.
I think with every other start from Smalling, he gets closer to world class..

In all seriousness, I hope he gets a lot of game time next season and stays injury free - so he can show us if he has that top potential or not, at least starts ahead of Jones if he stays and Lindelof who can hardly be better than him.. Rojo would have my outside chance to get to his best, after fresh start and signing that contract!

Bwuk

Seen something on twitter claiming he’s made 12 appearances in the league and we’ve got 11 clean sheets in those games.

For me Bailly is miles ahead of Smalling and Jones.

If Smalling and Jones were sold they’d end up at some mid table club, another top side would take Bailly off of us.

acnumber9

Seen something on twitter claiming he’s made 12 appearances in the league and we’ve got 11 clean sheets in those games.

For me Bailly is miles ahead of Smalling and Jones.

If Smalling and Jones were sold they’d end up at some mid table club, another top side would take Bailly off of us.
I seen something on Twitter about the earth being flat. I don’t think it’s true either.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I think he maybe has 11 clean sheets in all comps, not out of his 12 league appearances. In the league, off the top of my head, he played in the 2-2 draw away at Stoke, the 1-0 away loss to Chelsea, scored an own goal against Liverpool and played in the 2-3 away win at City. There's possibly some more.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you have already checked.

I think his potential is way beyond any other defender we have, but it was a season to forget for him. Injuries and a number of poor performances. He could be twice the player Smalling is in time, but Smalling us currently performing better, and is more reliable. Bailly still had it all to prove.

Reiliano

he scored an own goal against Liverpool and he was also man of the match

AdamBayram

An amazing investment and still hasn't reached his peak.
Bright future for the man

Smores

Lets be honest he’s been garbage recently.
He hasn't even played ffs. He's had like 3 bad games all season, a season that was pretty much a right off because of injuries.

Odd to see people he's got higher rated jn his absence as i think the exact opposite has happened. I suspect with a preseason he'll be back first choice next season

Idxomer

This guy for me is still only potential. On some occasions he looks like the next Vidic but more often than not he seems to have all the bad traits of Jones: injury prone, reckless and lacks concentration, although the last one seems to be that he lose interest in some games like he did against Stoke earlier in the season, something he should get over it with experience.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The guy is ridiculously overrated. And the frozen out shit is embarrassing. He has no right to walk back into the starting XI, certainly not with the shit he's served up this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.