Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Bailly is a crushing disappointment. He will have 20-30 mins spells where he looks incredible, smooth on the ball, reading the game, dominating his opponent with ease. Easily has the highest top level of any of our options, then just when you are thinking he is getting it, he will invariably go through a disastrous spell, playing like someone out of his depth. He also has the lowest bottom level.
I'll say that Lindelof when he is looking his absolute best, looks better than Bailly at his absolute best. But otherwise, this pretty much sums him up.

DoomSlayer

He should be the second one out, Rojo first. Jones is a better defender. And that says it all, really. Bailly has never really been in Ole's plans, rightfully so, so my guess is thats he's going to be sold as long as there are new signings coming in. Giving him a new contract would be idiotic.
Never in Ole's plan, yet Bailly was a starter for the first leg of our CL match-up against PSG - how does that work out? Jones was fit and yet Solskjaer left him on the bench.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Rather build him up and his market again and sell him for high fee to someone like Arsenal in the future if we have a chance to have some top CB. It's ridiculous to show him the door right now and make Smalling as Third choice again.
Smalling has massively outperformed him, so why should Bailly be ahead of him? Hell, even Jones has comfortably outperformed Bailly over the last couple of seasons.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Smalling has massively outperformed him, so why should Bailly be ahead of him? Hell, even Jones has comfortably outperformed Bailly over the last couple of seasons.
Honestly everyone has outperformed him, even Rojo who has been as injured and should also leave.

Patrick08

Yes they have, But a fully fit and On form Bailly is better than both. I expect him to be fit and hungry this season and ready to play as a third CB. He's still young and has got potential as shown in his first season.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Honestly everyone has outperformed him, even Rojo who has been as injured and should also leave.
It is actually quite funny. Bailly still lives off of what a 3 month spell, if even that, in his first season? The exact same season where Rojo had a similar length of period playing at a similar level. That seems to be ignored in Rojo's case though, while Bailly has "all the tools" because of it. In truth, they're both complete shit and have been for a good 2 years now and Bailly possesses none of the tools required to even be a good CB let alone a world class one.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Yes they have, But a fully fit and On form Bailly is better than both. I expect him to be fit and hungry this season and ready to play as a third CB. He's still young and has got potential as shown in his first season.
Even in his first season it was only the first two or so months that he was great. Then his form was already dropping away before the injuries started. He had another fairly good month later in the season but even then Rojo was better.

An on form Bailly is great, but how long do we give him before we give up on him? We've kept Jones for far too long even though he's never been as bad as Bailly has been for a full two seasons. If it were one or the other (and as long as we definitely sign someone so it's a choice who to keep four 4th choice) I'd probably keep Bailly for one more season and sell Jones just on the off chance that Bailly does come good, but it looks like Ole is going the other way and I can't really blame him.

acnumber9

Never in Ole's plan, yet Bailly was a starter for the first leg of our CL match-up against PSG - how does that work out? Jones was fit and yet Solskjaer left him on the bench.
Do you remember the game? We saw how it worked out.

Art Vandelay

Even in his first season it was only the first two or so months that he was great. Then his form was already dropping away before the injuries started. He had another fairly good month later in the season but even then Rojo was better.

An on form Bailly is great, but how long do we give him before we give up on him? We've kept Jones for far too long even though he's never been as bad as Bailly has been for a full two seasons. If it were one or the other (and as long as we definitely sign someone so it's a choice who to keep four 4th choice) I'd probably keep Bailly for one more season and sell Jones just on the off chance that Bailly does come good, but it looks like Ole is going the other way and I can't really blame him.
I'd like to correct you slightly, an on form Bailly is great for half an hour before he does something stupid or reckless then completely crumbles. He's done nothing to deserve another chance, at least with Jones you might get a couple of good games before he shits the bed.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
:lol:. So we extend Jones and Rojo and bailly should be the first one out?
3 of them should go in fact. 3 of them are injury prone as well. Bailly has the highest ceiling at the moment in term of potential but I’m fancy more on Tuanzebe than him. “Maguire”, Lindelöf, Tuanzebe & Smalling. Happy with those 4 as option next season.

haram

Complete myth of a player. Sell him before everyone realises

acnumber9

I remember, sure. Our main midfield got totally outplayed at Old Trafford and Pogba got a stupid red card. Bailly was the only one to not get carded from our whole backline.
Apologies, I was thinking of the second leg and the car crash of a performance he had which culminated in him pretending to be injured and coming off after 30 minutes.

Nickosaur

Complete myth. Simply not true.

Patrick08

He has fitness and concentration problems which i think can be improved as a player with hard work. Jones on the other hand gets found out and beaten one on one too often which bailly doesn't, Smalling also at times was beaten one on one and makes calamitous mistakes against top players one on one. Bailly rarely gets found out one on one.

Now, how long we give bailly? A year certainly and further depending on his performances, his market value and Ambition and fitness which can not be answered at this time. Also there has to be some one better than him ready to come here or step in his shoes before we can flog him.

Art Vandelay

He has fitness and concentration problems which i think can be improved as a player with hard work. Jones on the other hand gets found out and beaten one on one too often which bailly doesn't, Smalling also at times was beaten one on one and makes calamitous mistakes against top players one on one. Bailly rarely gets found out one on one.

Now, how long we give bailly? A year certainly and further depending on his performances, his market value and Ambition and fitness which can not be answered at this time. Also there has to be some one better than him ready to come here or step in his shoes before we can flog him.
His contract is up in a year, renewing it would most likely mean increasing his wages which will price him out of being sold and thus we are stuck with him after we realise he's still shit.

DoomSlayer

Apologies, I was thinking of the second leg and the car crash of a performance he had which culminated in him pretending to be injured and coming off after 30 minutes.
Don't know if Bailly was pretending to be honest. Anyway, my point was Solskjaer sees something in him in order to play him in the big games.

If he keeps fit and stays focused, he is good enough to stay at the club. We've given the rest of our CBs enough chances and they have disappointed. In my opinion Rojo is totally done after the bad injury he had. He seems to be a challenge away from a red card these days. And we can't keep persisting with Jones after so many years, it's just crazy he was given a new contract yet again.

At least teams have interest in Bailly. When was the last time any club enquired for any if our CBs (not including Lindelof)?

Patrick08

His contract is up in a year, renewing it would most likely mean increasing his wages which will price him out of being sold and thus we are stuck with him after we realise he's still shit.
We can trigger one year option with him without increasing his wages. How much wage increase we give him depends on Us right?

I am sure he has plenty of Takers in this market for a good fee even if he comes out half decent this year including clubs in England which can pay even when his contract is renewed with wages other clubs can match and later we decide to sell him.

But as I mentioned before it all depends on his performances this year. If someone has to go it should be Rojo and Jones before he goes.

We can trigger one year option with him without increasing his wages. How much wage increase we give him depends on Us right?

I am sure he has plenty of Takers in this market for a good fee even if he comes out half decent this year including clubs in England which can pay even when his contract is renewed with wages other clubs can match and later we decide to sell him.

But as I mentioned before it all depends on his performances this year. If someone has to go it should be Rojo and Jones before he goes.
Most people would agree that Rojo needs to be the first out of the door - no one would even notice. I’d then get rid of Bailly, at least we might get some cash for him. Jones is it great, but he’s still better than Bailly, it’s not as if Bailly even has better fitness than Jones! On the assumption we buy a new CB, Bailly would be behind him, Smalling and Lindelof. I’d rather five minutes to Tuanzebe if he’s not on loan.

Point is I can’t see why he would get many minutes next season at all, if we get a half decent offer of £20m he should be sold.

Andersonson

He started what, two games? And rarely played again... After seeing him play a couple of times it was eventually back to Smalling -Lindelof again. Same old story every time, Bailly gets a chance, ends up being 4th choice

He started what, two games? And rarely played again... After seeing him play a couple of times it was eventually back to Smalling -Lindelof again. Same old story every time, Bailly gets a chance, ends up being 4th choice
Bailly gets a chance, either gets sent off, injures an opponent, makes a massive mistake or goes off injured. No wonder he’s 4th soon to be 5th choice.

DoomSlayer

I don't agree but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Bailly needs to get in proper shape, sharpen up his concentration levels and improve a bit in his defensive capabilities in aerial duels. The rest is there and will only get better with a little more experience.

People forget that he only had one full season of first team football before Mourinho got him into the club. Bailly has been incredibly unfortunate with getting injured at the worst times possible. That's how I feel about it at least and just can't stomach to see another year of Rojo or Jones playing at CB.

Bondi77

The guy is an athlete and it is frustrating but the guy is a loose cannon and I just have no confidence in him.
When the term ‘On his Day’ is used the first thing that comes to my mind is inconsistency and that is something we cannot have as a central defender.
I worry about Smalling this year as while I think he is a solid defender the guy is a wrestler and could be a big liability for us when defending set pieces.
Axel could be good for us as he is more of a reader of the game and an interceptor it is just his aerial prowess that could be a problem but there are not that many big forwards running around these days.

Reactions: JPRouve
Status
Not open for further replies.