Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doracle

Not great today. Lost his man a couple of times on corners and at least one could have been costly. Still, we got away with resting Jones with a tough month ahead. Ole has done a good job of keeping him fit so far.

RedCurry

When the caf has adopted a narrative, the circlejerk is hard to stop. This nonsense about him being a mistake waiting to happen is so overplayed that it does border on lazy and just further highlight this hive mentality that goes on on boards like these. Once a narrative has set in, it's hard to change that.

There was really nothing in this game indicating that he was about to drop a mistake or anything. He was relatively composed in defense and we were hardly threatened defensively by Leicester and overall we had a solid performance defensively.

People are just regurgitating the same rethorics they've heard and just going through the motion with them.
You could be right. There are so many comments about that one bad backpass at the start as if no defender ever gave away a cheap corner.

But comments about him needing to get better from corners are fair I think.

OleGunnar20

It's only his aerial ability which poses real concerns for me.

He's obviously a guy who loves to defend, happy to put his body on the line whenever needed, strong in the tackle, lightning quick. Overall there's a lot of raw talent there.

I think I've heard it mentioned that he actually hasn't played much professional football for a guy his age, he certainly plays like that's the case. I think if treated like a 21/22 year old centre half who still has a lot to learn in order to make the most of that raw ability I think he can become a fantastic player for us.

Patience patience patience. We all know what happened with our resident Swede (I was among those who wrote him off as a lost cause, I'm ashamed to admit!).

Having said that I'd love to see a De-Ligt / Skriniar / Koulibaly type brought in to replace Jones & Rojo, with Tuanzebe brought into rotation alongside the new signing / Lindelof / Bailly / Smalling.

Bola

Nothing stood out defensively, apart from a good clearance or two, but that is perhaps a good sign of a competence defence

Some nice stuff on the ball again and there is a big difference in technique between his main competitor Smalling. I thought it would be a Lindelof-Smalling partnership, but Bailley has done well following his injury-suspension return.

Keep it up please and stay injury free

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think is is pretty decent. Prone to being rash though. He sort of dives in and loses his head like he was sent off recently. If he can improve his decision process he would be really good. I think Lindelof is very good too. Not as bad as they are made out to be.

The thing about mistakes, every defender can make them. Van Dijk lost his man for Leicsters goal on tuesday against Liverpool and he is regarded as the best in the PL.

rotherham_red

My gosh, some harsh comments here. Thought he's been absolutely fine since he came back in under Ole. I sincerely hope Jones isn't starting against PSG. Him against MBappe is going to be horrid viewing.

There does seem to be a marked improvement with Bailly with regards to his mentality and personality,as is the case with pretty much the entire squad since Jose's departure.
He seems alot more alert and focused and,dare I say,mature.
Still enough time for Bailly to become one of the top 5 CB's in the league.

There does seem to be a marked improvement with Bailly with regards to his mentality and personality,as is the case with pretty much the entire squad since Jose's departure.
He seems alot more alert and focused and,dare I say,mature.
Still enough time for Bailly to become one of the top 5 CB's in the league.
That's what playing scared does to you. The whole team was terrified of making mistakes and didn't dare take risks. Like Rio once said, at Manchester United it's not enough to just play it safe. Our defenders have to step up whenever they can, block passing options, and bring the ball out themselves. Bailly is showing glimpses of doing that and Lindelof is pretty much there.

Bwuk

Always happy seeing Bailly, think he will start vs. PSG, alongside Lindelof.
I think it’ll be Jones and Lindelof.

Would of liked to of seen him come on earlier in midfield for Matic or Herrera when the game was won.

Fracture90

Would of liked to of seen him come on earlier in midfield for Matic or Herrera when the game was won.
I thought it would be him and Lindelof to battle Cavani's pace and strength, since he's not that dominant in the air, but since Cavani got injured last night, likely they'll start Choupo-Moting at #9 so it will probably be Lindelof + one of Smalling/Jones.

haram

I thought it would be him and Lindelof to battle Cavani's pace and strength, since he's not that dominant in the air, but since Cavani got injured last night, likely they'll start Choupo-Moting at #9 so it will probably be Lindelof + one of Smalling/Jones.
Think Mbappe will just move central, di Maria and Draxler wide.

I'm not sure. If it was to be Jones i think he would have come off when Bailly came on, and it would have been done sooner. Choupo Moting isnt much of a threat now Cavani is injured, its the pace of Mbappe, and Bailly will be key to that.

I dont play the lineup predictor game for a reason mind you.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I'm not sure. If it was to be Jones i think he would have come off when Bailly came on, and it would have been done sooner. Choupo Moting isnt much of a threat now Cavani is injured, its the pace of Mbappe, and Bailly will be key to that.

I think you've got a point here, Ole probably sees Bailly as the guy to deal with Mbappe pace and we'll certainly need someone in our defence to have the pace to deal with Mbappe's.

A-man

Haven’t thought about that but you might be right. But normally they play Mbappe to the right and Bailly never plays that side.

Number32

Ole should take the risk to play him as right back now. His natural position was at the wing before the scouts saw him as CB after stopping CR7 in La liga.
We conceeded so many goals from the right because Young and Dalot are really poor defender, Darmian should step up but his future is back to Italy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Haven’t thought about that but you might be right. But normally they play Mbappe to the right and Bailly never plays that side.
With Cavani injured it'll most likely be Draxler / Mbappe / Di Maria I'd expect.

Man Utd 0:2 PSG

Played fairly well all things considered. Mbappe's goal was pretty much impossible to defend once Di Maria played the ball in.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Should have done better for the second goal.

FromTheBench

He simply isn't good enough for a top team.

Got to do better for the 2nd goal.

Also got caught flat footed by a Alves cross to leave mbappe for a free header previously. His positioning and tracking is so god damn awful at times.

FromTheBench

Played fairly well all things considered. Mbappe's goal was pretty much impossible to defend once Di Maria played the ball in.
What?

He staggered his run for no reason when Mbappe had put on his afterburners.

Bailly I'd quick himself and had a starting advantage over Mbappe who was the only runner the 2 CBS had to track. He should have easily spotten the danger and cut off the cross. He couldn't even get a toe in at the end.

izec

People saying he couldnt do anything for the goal :lol: Jeez, look at Thiago Silva and how to defend properly. That was a masterclass. Sniffed out any danger. Once Bailly reacted, yeah it was too late, but he was ball watching and then tried to get to the ball when it was too late.

tomaldinho1

Was good tonight, anyone who thinks he's at fault for the second goal needs to watch more football matches. It was a sumptuous delivery and out of his reach.

RB at fault for allowing Di Maria to put that ball in

Kostov

He was one of our better players tonight. That second goal was more on Young and Lindelof for me. Young should have prevented that cross and while Lindelof wasn’t able to keep up with the pace and come across and cover Bailly.

izec

What?

He staggered his run for no reason when Mbappe had put on his afterburners.

Bailly I'd quick himself and had a starting advantage over Mbappe who was the only runner the 2 CBS had to track. He should have easily spotten the danger and cut off the cross. He couldn't even get a toe in at the end.
Yep, it was bad defending. Thiago Silva would have easily got to that ball, Bailly makes it look impossible the way he 'defends' and positions himself. But then again, no surprise, he is a reactionary defender, who defends with last ditch tackles.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
People saying he couldnt do anything for the goal :lol: Jeez, look at Thiago Silva and how to defend properly. That was a masterclass. Sniffed out any danger. Once Bailly reacted, yeah it was too late, but he was ball watching and then tried to get to the ball when it was too late.
Silva didn't have to defend a single dangerous cross where an attacker was in a position to score.

Every ball him and Kimpembe cleared was from a hit and hope.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
To think he was chosen ahead of Smalling and Jones. A disaster waiting to happen.

A-man

Biggest difference between Bailly and Silva tonight is that one played against Mbappe and one against Rashford.

Kostov

Yeah, and Di Maria putting in inch perfect cross is practically the same as Mata hoofing crosses and Lingard not being able to convert a proper forward pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.