Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

He's the first defender I've seen here that genuinely looks confused a lot of the time. Like this is completely new to him and he's not sure what to do or where to go. It's quite staggering that some people still somehow think he's a good defender.
Sorry Steve but how have you missed that Jones guy?

criticalanalysis

What is about him? Genuinely what is about him other than he can kind of run fast?
Because apart from heading (lool), he is generally a pro-active and on the front foot defender.

It's easy on they eye and a good trait to have.

It's just the injuries and lack of learning from experience/guidance making his development very flat.

bdspeedy

Too early to give up on Bailly. Hopefully, they can work out his shortcomings. Darmian, Rojo and Jones can go away. Always hoped Jones would live up to his potential, maybe even as a DM.

haram

Too early to give up on Bailly. Hopefully, they can work out his shortcomings. Darmian, Rojo and Jones can go away. Always hoped Jones would live up to his potential, maybe even as a DM.
It's been 3 years. Too early my ass.

SteveW

Sorry Steve but how have you missed that Jones guy?
Because Jones at least looks like he knows what he's doing. He just can't seem to do it anymore.

Bailly looks like some random athletic person transported onto a football pitch and trying to figure things out.

Kostov

Because Jones at least looks like he knows what he's doing. He just can't seem to do it anymore.

Bailly looks like some random athletic person transported onto a football pitch and trying to figure things out.
Jones has made so many brain dead howlers over the years I'm not sure how you evaluated he knows what he is doing. He's no better than Bailly just with longer resume of feck ups and constant let downs. Rojo and Jones should be the first two out of the door if we have an ounce of reasoning left.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Jones has made so many brain dead howlers over the years I'm not sure how you evaluated he knows what he is doing. He's no better than Bailly just with longer resume of feck ups and constant let downs. Rojo and Jones should be the first two out of the door if we have an ounce of reasoning left.
Jones makes a feck-up once every three or four games. Bailly regularly has three or four in the same game.

I’d get rid of Rojo, Bailly and then Jones in that order. None are good enough, but Jones has contributed a lot more than the other two during the rare periods when he’s not injured.

Kostov

Jones makes a feck-up once every three or four games. Bailly regularly has three or four in the same game.
Yeah that might have happened in MadDogg’s parallel universe. Compare Bailly’s to Jones high profile howlers over the years it’s laughable.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So what about "Hi I’m Phil Jones and Chris Smalling". One is playing bad for last 10 years and other gets injured and playing bad.
If we're planning on giving every player as long as we've given Jones and Smalling to come good, we'll never win anything again.

Bobski

Bailly is a crushing disappointment. He will have 20-30 mins spells where he looks incredible, smooth on the ball, reading the game, dominating his opponent with ease. Easily has the highest top level of any of our options, then just when you are thinking he is getting it, he will invariably go through a disastrous spell, playing like someone out of his depth. He also has the lowest bottom level.

R'hllor

Give him a comic book cloud above his head and he would be most entertaining player to watch in galaxy.

Litch

Feel the same, still quite young too. I think he needs to be at the right club to develop him where he's got good pros around him. When Ibra was here, he seemed to really look up to him.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Unless he learns how to time his leap and actually header the ball between now and August, then I don't think it's too early to bin him off. I can't remember seeing a centre back who was so poor in the air. It's one of the primary attributes you need to have.

I have little faith he is going to make significant improvement in that area, enough to warrant starting for us. He's great at those last ditch slide tackles, and he's generally a good defender when the ball is on the ground, but that's not enough.

Alabaster Codify7

Bailly is a crushing disappointment. He will have 20-30 mins spells where he looks incredible, smooth on the ball, reading the game, dominating his opponent with ease. Easily has the highest top level of any of our options, then just when you are thinking he is getting it, he will invariably go through a disastrous spell, playing like someone out of his depth. He also has the lowest bottom level.
That's actually a very good desxrdescri of him. His fluctuation is far too great from very good to awful and far too often it happens.

marktan

He's too limited to be a top CB and that's been plain to see for 3 years. He can't head the ball and will make a mistake due to positioning or lack of concentration costi us a goal in around 1 in 5 games he plays. He's the type of defender Arsenal have been plagued by in the last 10 years - good on the ball but not actually good defenders.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's too limited to be a top CB and that's been plain to see for 3 years. He can't head the ball and will make a mistake due to positioning or lack of concentration costi us a goal in around 1 in 5 games he plays. He's the type of defender Arsenal have been plagued by in the last 10 years - good on the ball but not actually good defenders.
He has the extra assets to be top centre back but doesn’t have the basic ones to be one. Can’t believe we spent £30m on him, Fosu Mensah is almost similar type of defender with same weakness & assets but cost nothing.

luke511

Got a good feeling about Bailly this season, with the right players around him I reckon there's still a chance for him to grow into a top CB. That's if he isn't sold to Lyon.

red4ever 79

Would love to ship him out. Nothing he can do that Tuanzebe cant. How many CB's do we have. Lindelof, Smailling, Bailly, Jones, Tuanzebe, Rojo and all of them are bang average. Sign the guy from Spurs and keep Lindelof, Smalling and Tuanzebe.

Andersonson

Any news about him getting sold? Saw him being linked with Lyon, but thats about it.

We should be able to get a reasonable fee for him because of his age, but I dont think we'll recoup everything. If we're buying a new CB we need to clear space, he and Rojo should be the first ones out

DoomSlayer

Any news about him getting sold? Saw him being linked with Lyon, but thats about it.

We should be able to get a reasonable fee for him because of his age, but I dont think we'll recoup everything. If we're buying a new CB we need to clear space, he and Rojo should be the first ones out
No way, it should be Jones and Rojo. Both have been too long at the club and should be moved on.

tob

No way, it should be Jones and Rojo. Both have been too long at the club and should be moved on.
Bailly’s contract expires next summer, so he should definitely be the first one out - if anyone wants him.

He should be one of the last out. His problem is injuries, but we keep Jones around and Bailly is twice the defender he is. If he can get a consistent run and settle down he has as much ability as any of them.

Patrick08

All 3 should go if the club is intent on winning trophies
Rather build him up and his market again and sell him for high fee to someone like Arsenal in the future if we have a chance to have some top CB. It's ridiculous to show him the door right now and make Smalling as Third choice again.

Last edited:

Andersonson

He should be one of the last out. His problem is injuries, but we keep Jones around and Bailly is twice the defender he is. If he can get a consistent run and settle down he has as much ability as any of them.
He should be the second one out, Rojo first. Jones is a better defender. And that says it all, really. Bailly has never really been in Ole's plans, rightfully so, so my guess is thats he's going to be sold as long as there are new signings coming in. Giving him a new contract would be idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.