Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMike

I don’t know lads. Very erratic and rash, poor at dealing with crosses.... I have severe doubts.

He’s great in the tackle, very quick to cover laterally and strong in his challenges. I give him his due credit. I just don’t see the full package of a good defender there.

I hope I’m proven wrong

R'hllor

Wonder how things look during the game from his perspective, from outside when he starts dealing with stuff in the box, its looks chaotic, like he is under influence.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Please don't get injured again. You were great when you first came, then got injured and have struggled after that.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Very poor in the air, which is a problem that won’t just go away, although he was top notch tonight.

Stadjer

He has the talent but still needs to learn a lot of things.. if he can stay injury free he could learn and he could become a really good defender.

He was good tonight.. he had some great moments during the match.

acnumber9

I probably need to see it again but I thought he could’ve and should’ve headed the ball away for their goal. I’m not sure Smalling and Jones would’ve got off without criticism for the goal.

Edit: I’ve watched it again and he had no chance of getting to it.

Last edited:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
On a few minutes Vardy was in, two times he got away from Bailly with clear shots. One goal. And that kind of tackle was nuts. Seems like nothing change (on his rashness) since he's been here for two years.

Jury is still out against better strikers.

IAmAWinner

He's an absolute mad bastard, no wonder why he is a fan favourite. But I do feel he needs a leader next to him, someone in the mould of Vidic or Godin to really get the best out of him.

Fracture90

Occasional drops in concentration but other than that an absolute unit, just gotta stay fit.

Very solid today apart from the goal. Smalling/Bailly/Lindelof is a great core of defenders to grow over the next few seasons. The attributes that Bailly and Lindelof have in combination fit together very well.
The goal was not his fault. Blame is 99% on De Gea for that one.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I don’t know lads. Very erratic and rash, poor at dealing with crosses.... I have severe doubts.

He’s great in the tackle, very quick to cover laterally and strong in his challenges. I give him his due credit. I just don’t see the full package of a good defender there.

I hope I’m proven wrong
Same camp, better than what we have but still so many flaws to polish.

Ashley R1+O

The goal was not his fault. Blame is 99% on De Gea for that one.
He let Vardy in twice before it, so it could be said that he was starting to flag and become shaky. All of the defense should take responsibility for the goal imo, but in this case Vardy sniffing out a goal while we are trying to close the game out is something the entire defensive unit including De Gea should take responsibility and learn from.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
He spends an awful lot of time on the ground at times.

How many times can a man possibly get hit in the groin like that?

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Occasional drops in concentration but other than that an absolute unit, just gotta stay fit.
Centre half cant afford even one lapse in concentration in a match. The hallmark of great defenders is that they never switch off. Look at John Stones v Croatia. Good game until he went to sleep.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very much reminds me of when Vidic first joined us. He shows glimpses of an absolute beast and then some moments that just have you scratching your head, but you really want to see more of him defending anyway. This is vidic all over again and I’m bloody excited

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Very poor in the air, which is a problem that won’t just go away, although he was top notch tonight.
that is a concern, I wouldn't say he's totally terrible though, he just mistimes his headers but he likes to head the ball so it's not that bad imo, hopefully there is still an improvement in that regard otherwise he should be working on his concentration, if he's switched on 95minutes per match he will be a beast, everything concerning defending on the ground he's very strong and brave, just needs to build on that.

Regarding his lack of aerial ability, think he should be paired with someone who has that ability, unfortunately we are short of these players if I don't count Smalling, we should get someone, think Maguire would be great but anyways if we don't get to sit too deep and invite every average team to put in the crosses, that will also get better not only with a new manager but better fullbacks hopefully coming soon and we will attack more, then Bailly is a great player to cover the ground and sweep around

klayton88

He spends an awful lot of time on the ground at times.

How many times can a man possibly get hit in the groin like that?
Hans moleman man getting got hit in the groin by football. More common than you think.

Fracture90

Centre half cant afford even one lapse in concentration in a match. The hallmark of great defenders is that they never switch off. Look at John Stones v Croatia. Good game until he went to sleep.
Thank you for stating the obvious.

Murray3007

Thought he was pretty solid till the last 5/10 mins hoping its down to tiredness and not being up to match fitness. covered lindelof superb a couple of times.

Fracture90

You are most welcome. Thank you for your “snippy” response. I could try to explain my point a bit more but I’m probably wasting my time.
Again, thank you captain obvious.

You would be wasting my time, therefore I implore you to keep it to yourself. Appreciate it. Cheers.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Thought he was pretty solid till the last 5/10 mins hoping its down to tiredness and not being up to match fitness. covered lindelof superb a couple of times.
He saved his ass 2 times. Bailly, if he stays focused, can really become a top top defender

jesperjaap

I hope I’m proven wrong
He does certainly seem to have his floors with the rashness and in the air. Only so long we can call him raw, I really liek him though and even with those flaws think fit and in form he is far and away our best centre back at the moment

He's like Lindelof. Super talented. He's much worse though.
Disagree, to me Lindelof is as a centre back like Schneiderlin is a central midfielder. People saying how good he was at SOuthampton and a great signing when reality he is at the level of Everton and barely standing out there. Lindelof to me is average in most areas and just as weak as Baillys weaknesses in others. Fact we havent signed a centre back I really hope I am proved wrong but I really dont see anything about him at all towards being a top class player for a club like ours

He's an absolute mad bastard, no wonder why he is a fan favourite. But I do feel he needs a leader next to him, someone in the mould of Vidic or Godin to really get the best out of him.
I agree in that I think he would flourish with the right partner next to him though personally I see him more as the Vidic type centre back (forgetting the aerial part). Think he needs more of a Ferdinand who can mop up and cover him

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Think Nev’s right, with an experienced defender besides him he might be a player. Sadly there is nothing you can do without someone to manage him through matches. A solid 1/10 today.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Just a massive liability. One crunching tackle (probably after being caught out of position) and people will think he's the best we have again though.

Ekeke

Poor positioning, worse concentration. Worst/most rash clearances that are usually sliced or skied and a tendancy to dive in and be over aggressive at the wrong times.

GledTheRed

No doubt the cnut will be dancing all over Instagram without a care in the world all week listening to shite music with horrific clothes on.

el3mel

16 years old performance. Rubbish and chaotic everywhere on the pitch since minute 1. 0/10 looks generous for him.

Back to the bench.

kundalini

Spectacularly bad first half. Seemed to lose his nerve completely.

If he had stayed in position for their first goal and let Fred track the wide player, Bailly would probably have cut out the cross before it reached Murray. Not that bad an error but a very costly one. After that it was a horror show, conceding a needless corner and then the penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.