Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

I disagree. He was taking risks but he was not a afraid to move the ball forward or to take responsibly. I rather have someone who likes to tackle and win the ball back than someone who is afraid to make a mistake like Smalling.
He was also absolutely hung out to dry by Young who was as bad as its possible for a full back to be. Bailly is a player who needs someone with confidence next to him. Not sure Lindelof is that guy but he is improving, Smalling is too passive and unaware of what's going on around him, Rojo would be perfect if he could ever cut out the random mistakes.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Because he's extremely inconsistent, and on his bad days he's all over the place in a way that makes it completely impossible to build any kind of stability. There's a huge difference between being the most talented (which he probably is) and actually being the best.

I wonder if that back three could be the way forward. Let the two crazy bastards do their thing, with the relative stability of Smalling sat in between them.
:lol::lol:

youngrell

We should go and have a back 3 of Rojo, Jones and Bailly.

It would be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We should go full retard and have a back 3 of Rojo, Jones and Bailly.

It would be fun.
Well, it'd certainly make interesting viewing. I wonder what odds on your whole back line getting sent off would be.

Mcking

He was also absolutely hung out to dry by Young who was as bad as its possible for a full back to be. Bailly is a player who needs someone with confidence next to him. Not sure Lindelof is that guy but he is improving, Smalling is too passive and unaware of what's going on around him, Rojo would be perfect if he could ever cut out the random mistakes.
Absolute tosh.

Vanya

Every defender yesterday did a great job including Rojo (minus the mistake that lead to the goal). That's also because the entire team played with more confidence and purpose.

But one performance is not an indication of anything. Even though Bailly was a beast in the last game, he can just as easily slide in and give a penalty away against Fulham in the next game.

I dislike Mourinho's methods, but he's completely right - this squad lacks maturity and that extra bit of quality (which is also a product of maturity).

Players like Bailly, Martial, Rashford emptomize the Man Utd of today - talented but immature and lacking that last final bit of quality that separate the decent players from the consistently great footballers that perform week in week out.

I don't agree with those who say that he doesn't read the game well or is saved by his pace .that's not true at all in my opinion. I think he has all the tools van djik has. iMO focus and maturity is what's lacking.

R'hllor

Wish we have comics cloud above his head while he plays, must be bet shit crazy stream of thoughts.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I see you're still using the Young forced him to kick it out for a corner for no reason excuse.

KjaAnd

Because he's extremely inconsistent, and on his bad days he's all over the place in a way that makes it completely impossible to build any kind of stability. There's a huge difference between being the most talented (which he probably is) and actually being the best.

I wonder if that back three could be the way forward. Let the two crazy bastards do their thing, with the relative stability of Smalling sat in between them.
Well, not having him in the squad for the past month didn't really help build any kind of stability. We've been leaking goals. I'm not saying he's top tier yet and I agree that he's got a lot to learn (positioning and heading especially), but it's not like our other defenders are world beaters.

I do agree that three at the back with to aggressive players and Smalling could be a way forward though.

Craig Ward

amazed he hasn't played much this season, clearly a Jose issue (what isn't these days).

He is our best defender and should be the first CB on the team sheet when fit. Every single defender in the league will make a mistake at some point, that doesn't mean they get dropped and not feature for weeks/months on end.

Half our problems could be sorted by common sense.

Bailly is better than Smalling/Jones/Lindelöf/Rojo. Therefore he needs to start.

No other combination has worked while Bailly has sat on the bench

tedketterman

He's 24. The likes of Alderweireld & Vertonghen, considered to be top tier CB's in the PL, just got their move to Spurs or were sitting on the bench at Atletico Madrid at that age.
When the attributes are there (strong, pacey, aggressive) and they are there with Bailly, you just gotta give him a consistent run to iron out the flaws.
Agreed. It's far too early to write him off.

Canagel

@GifLord
please that moment when he caught up with aubameyang and muscled him off and then tried to get the crowd going . None of the others can do that (not even Smalling - he's lost quite a bit of pace in the last year or so)

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
@GifLord
please that moment when he caught up with aubameyang and muscled him off and then tried to get the crowd going . None of the others can do that (not even Smalling - he's lost quite a bit of pace in the last year or so)
which min?

TsuWave

had a padlock on Aubameyang. Should stay in the team and get a regular run. great potential.

GM K

Bailly is a talented player but VERY erratic and very injury prone. That, for me, is the best way to sum him up. He encapsulated my description last night. He was pure genius at times but he exhibited his proneness to errors. He even almost got injured.

Footyislife

Another mysterious case of let's not play our best defender all season & then scratch our heads & wonder why we are giving up so many goals.

Two crazy blunders by Rojo & De Gea led to the goals, but solid defending with the exception of Dalot who was just atrocious in the second half.

haram

I am still baffled that Mourinho do not use Bailly more, Our best defender by a mile.
The question is how do you use him? He isn’t good enough in the air, but Smalling is. If they play together though it forces Chris into LCB where he is uncomfortable.

Bailly has his rash moments as well.

Canagel

Thanks a lot .
Just needs to stay away from those injuries but all the raw attributes are there to be successful . Feel he would be immense under a manager that likes to play high line at the back

Ekeke

Another mysterious case of let's not play our best defender all season & then scratch our heads & wonder why we are giving up so many goals.

Two crazy blunders by Rojo & De Gea led to the goals, but solid defending with the exception of Dalot who was just atrocious in the second half.
You mean like last season where we had the 2nd best defensive record - 8 goals less conceded than Spurs, without him?

We started this season with Bailly in the team. It was his disastrous performances that caused Mourinho to take him out of the team

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Good recovery against Aubameyang which people will remember (not sure why he was so high up the pitch), average at best for the rest of the game, poor on the ball and positionally.

AlexUTD

The question is how do you use him? He isn’t good enough in the air, but Smalling is. If they play together though it forces Chris into LCB where he is uncomfortable.

Bailly has his rash moments as well.
He is still better than Lindeløf in the air and much better duelling and he has pace to fix mistakes. I would use him with Smalling since they make the strongest partnership if you combine the strenghts the players have.

Ideally i would like to see Bailly partner up with a CB like Koulibaly/Skriniar/Alderweireld and dont change the back four every match.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Thanks a lot .
Just needs to stay away from those injuries but all the raw attributes are there to be successful . Feel he would be immense under a manager that likes to play high line at the back
I think you have a point. A high line compliments his best attributes and a deep lying defence does the complete opposite .

haram

He is still better than Lindeløf in the air and much better duelling and he has pace to fix mistakes. I would use him with Smalling since they make the strongest partnership if you combine the strenghts the players have.

Ideally i would like to see Bailly partner up with a CB like Koulibaly/Skriniar/Alderweireld and dont change the back four every match.
Smalling said he prefers to play with Lindelof. Most likely because he doesn’t have to play on the left.

AlexUTD

Smalling said he prefers to play with Lindelof. Most likely because he doesn’t have to play on the left.
Shows you how limited Smalling is then, i rather we play Bailly and Smalling just have to play there.

We need a good header of the ball in the back so Smalling is needed With Bailly.

Lindeløf is very poor in the air and weak physically compared to Bailly.

We need a Complete CB who is good in the air,good at passing the ball forward. Strong and a leader. I think a class CB wqould make Bailly grow as a player, he has all the attributes to be a world class CB when he gets more experience.

There is a reason why Arsenal fans said in interviews after the game that they wouldnt mind having Bailly at their Club.

Andersons Dietician

Shows you how limited Smalling is then, i rather we play Bailly and Smalling just have to play there.

We need a good header of the ball in the back so Smalling is needed With Bailly.

Lindeløf is very poor in the air and weak physically compared to Bailly.

We need a Complete CB who is good in the air,good at passing the ball forward. Strong and a leader. I think a class CB wqould make Bailly grow as a player, he has all the attributes to be a world class CB when he gets more experience.

There is a reason why Arsenal fans said in interviews after the game that they wouldnt mind having Bailly at their Club.
Why doesn’t Bailly play on the left then?

Andersons Dietician

How could i know?

Either he said himself that he prefers the right like Smalling (but he has not gone out in the Public saying that). Or Mourinho wants him to play there.
Must be a very limited player.

I have to say when you see some of the stills of his positioning from the weekend some of it is laughable. He is such a weird player as there is clearly so much talent there and in the same game he did great things and some not so good things, really needs someone to get a hold of him and coach him.

On the whole left side, right side they’ll have preferred sides to tackle on, if you’re right footed most likely you’d prefer the right hand CB position. I wouldn’t say it makes them particularly limited just that is where they prefer to play. I mean we’ve seen Smalling on the left and i’m Sure they can all do a job on the opposite side. Put Rojo on the right and so on.

AlexUTD

Must be a very limited player.

I have to say when you see some of the stills of his positioning from the weekend some of it is laughable. He is such a weird player as there is clearly so much talent there and in the same game he did great things and some not so good things, really needs someone to get a hold of him and coach him.

On the whole left side, right side they’ll have preferred sides to tackle on, if you’re right footed most likely you’d prefer the right hand CB position. I wouldn’t say it makes them particularly limited just that is where they prefer to play. I mean we’ve seen Smalling on the left and i’m Sure they can all do a job on the opposite side. Put Rojo on the right and so on.
Bailly Plays With high risk and high pressure. Really hard to play against but if he misses and has noone to help him if he misses it is Dangerous. A quality CB can see those dangers and help Bailly in those situations.I trhink we all can see Bailly`s talent and when he matures he will be a monster.

We saw in his first season with high self confidence he was our best player in the back by a mile.

Okay maybe using the Word "Limited" was wrong, dont get me wrong i really like Smalling and i prefer to use him With Bailly over anyone else that we have.

A-man

amazed he hasn't played much this season, clearly a Jose issue (what isn't these days).

He is our best defender and should be the first CB on the team sheet when fit. Every single defender in the league will make a mistake at some point, that doesn't mean they get dropped and not feature for weeks/months on end.

Half our problems could be sorted by common sense.

Bailly is better than Smalling/Jones/Lindelöf/Rojo. Therefore he needs to start.

No other combination has worked while Bailly has sat on the bench
I think the reason is simply that he has been pretty poor and Smalling /Lindelof have been better than him. It also seems as Mourinho wanted to build some stability by not changing CB every game.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We saw in his first season with high self confidence he was our best player in the back by a mile.
No he wasn't.

He had two good periods that season. One for the first few months of the season (where he was our best), and one later in the season for another month or so (where Rojo was better). He also spent a fair while injured, and a fair while playing terribly. So even in his best season he was still inconsistent and had periods where he was dropped entirely because of how badly he was playing. At the end of that season, most agreed that Rojo had been our best central defender.

AlexUTD

No he wasn't.

He had two good periods that season. One for the first few months of the season (where he was our best), and one later in the season for another month or so (where Rojo was better). He also spent a fair while injured, and a fair while playing terribly. So even in his best season he was still inconsistent and had periods where he was dropped entirely because of how badly he was playing. At the end of that season, most agreed that Rojo had been our best central defender.
Rojo was playing better for once yes, but better than Bailly when he was playing good and had high self confidence? Eh no.

Status
Not open for further replies.