Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
The high foot wasn't a red. Neither was the tackle for his sending off. Thought he was good for most of the game.

Devil81

Brain dead and clearly never going to change. That kung-fu kick clearance has been done a few times over the last few years and each time I've asked myself why he wouldn't just head the ball.

Get rid and replace with a player who actually has a brain.

Disappointing to hear he had a bad game - I wouldn't sell just yet not before Rojo and Jones anyway.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's funny I thought he was playing well all game but that tackle was so idioitic. 4-1 lead in the middle of the pitch. The high kick in the box was questionable too. Hes shown he has potential but the guy really needs to get it together and play with some consistency.

Coops73

I just don’t get him, sometimes he seems really good, sometimes he seems like a bloody liability.

Nick7

I like him, and think he's decent but really he's much much more likely to have a complete brain fart than any of our other centre backs.

SteveW

I just don’t get him, sometimes he seems really good, sometimes he seems like a bloody liability.
I would love to get to know him. Is he actually this stupid or can he be developed? He has a lot of talent. If he could just calm down he could be very good. You'd have to know him to know whether he can change.

Sylar

Thought he did ok until the high foot incident.

The red card itself was just crazy given it was a nothing situation for the opposition at 4-1 up. Taken himself out the starting line up.

Acole9

Outstanding
Shame the ref showed the red card, looked like he won the ball.

Hehehe

Kostur

海尔的老板
Lucky not to have conceded a penalty with that high foot, while I don't think the challenge that got him sent off was red worthy, it would've been a second yellow if the ref wasn't inept in the previous accident so it sort of evens out.

The problem with him for me is that he is still doing those same idiotic challenges he did two years ago, like there's no progression whatsoever in his 'maturing' as a centre back. Reeks of Rafael for me who, no matter which season, always had this fecking 'I'll either get a red or concede you a penalty' vibe about him.

Now he'll be off for the next two matches, then inevitably get injured for a couple of matches, play a shitty game or two, get benched, get overrated, rinse and repeat type of shit really, can write a script already.

Foxbatt

He is an individual player who seem to switch off. His high foot too and this was a two feet off the ground scissor tackle and the red is not harsh at all.

Sanchez7

Poor decision but can we stop calling every player who has a bad game a fraud or a liability. Bailly has all the tools to be a top top defender and under the right coaching he will develop into a fine player.

hobbers

Poor decision but can we stop calling every player who has a bad game a fraud or a liability. Bailly has all the tools to be a top top defender and under the right coaching he will develop into a fine player.
Has all the tools to beat the record for number of red cards in a season.

It's not "he's just had a bad game", it's "he's had yet another bad game". He's not good enough to be a CB at this club, not even debatable at this point.

Ainu

It's not just one bad game though, is it? He seems to make at least one rash decision in every single game he plays, though it doesn't always result in a sending off or goal of course. He's been here for 2.5 years and I've not seen any progress in that area. People are starting to lose patience with him, or have already lost it. Justifiably so in my opinion. He just can't be trusted, and that's a massive issue.

el3mel

He has been shite for most of his time here. His earlier months were great but never looked anything close for the last 2.5 years. It's not just this game for people here.

Patrick08

He seems too aggressive while lindelof looks passive than he should be.

Bailly needs some mental calmness, to effect that in his game as well.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I was very excited about him this time last year and have no interest in knee jerk reactions. I have no faith whatsoever in him becoming a capable defender at this level, never mind a top defender. He's a buffoon.

Sanchez7

Has all the tools to beat the record for number of red cards in a season.

It's not "he's just had a bad game", it's "he's had yet another bad game".
I made a general observation regarding the two words being thrown around a lot on the forum.

Re Bailly - He obviously has areas that need to be improved on with heading and composure being the most important. I feel his development has been stagnated by the amount of injuries he has suffered but see all the tools for him to be a top defender. He is ridiculously quick(beat Aubameyang and Vardy in sprints), is actually good on the ball and still young enough.

haram

He has been shit for a while. Add the fact that he keeps getting injured as well.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It's funny I thought he was playing well all game but that tackle was so idioitic. 4-1 lead in the middle of the pitch. The high kick in the box was questionable too. Hes shown he has potential but the guy really needs to get it together and play with some consistency.
Yeah that's the issue right? He makes some awesome tackles and blocks, but a defender that you can't trust is a defender that will never play in the big games. It's sad because I still believe he's the most naturally gifted defender at our club (as shown by his performances when he first arrived. The guy was an animal)

Patrick08

I was very excited about him this time last year and have no interest in knee jerk reactions. I have no faith whatsoever in him becoming a capable defender at this level, never mind a top defender. He's a buffoon.
First year was great for him. Needs to control his aggression though to get back to that level, but he is still young, i think when he matures he will automatically control himself a lot better.

Camilo

Stupid sending off, but the poor guy hasn't had a chance this season. And sure, he's not given himself a chance for the next few games with a stupid tackle today, but he deserves every chance we can give him for the rest of the season to see what he's really made of.

Throwing away young defenders who haven't really kicked a ball is daft.

And this wasn't a Jones esque moment, it was just immaturity. He will stop doing things like this, and to be fair there's no better time for him to learn. He's clearly a decent player.

Djemba-Djemba

Stupid sending off, but the poor guy hasn't had a chance this season. And sure, he's not given himself a chance for the next few games with a stupid tackle today, but he deserves every chance we can give him for the rest of the season to see what he's really made of.

Throwing away young defenders who haven't really kicked a ball is daft.

And this wasn't a Jones esque moment, it was just immaturity. He will stop doing things like this, and to be fair there's no better time for him to learn. He's clearly a decent player.
He's been here for 2.5 years though.

He's been making stupid mistakes and getting constantly injured for years. It would be madness to keep hold of him just on the hope he matures. We tried that with Jones and look where it got us.

Jev

He was really impressive until he lost his head. It's a shame he can't be counted on because he has all the tools. Starting to doubt whether he will ever get it together.

MrBest

Thought he played well just 2 miss judgements of which one he got away with. He still looks nervous on the ball and is not as good as Lindeloff with his feet. He has the potential to create presence and ve the Vidic of our team. We miss aggressive players so i am not so bothered about training it out of him. It is more about intelligence and making the right decision. He is still 24, nowhere near peak for a CB, not many CB are consistent and brilliant at a young age so still deserves a chance. If by the end of next season he is still erractic then maybe it will be time to think. Our defenders could really do with a experienced centre back to teach and calm them the f down. Overall though, decent display from him.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
“He was really good until he ______”

Well that is just not really good is it then. Yes he is big and hard but he’s been a liability since he got here.

starman

Has all the ability to be a top CB but he has these wild lapses to often where he becomes a liability. Also got sent off in the EPL semi final don't forget..

Womp

idiot
Could genuinely become world class, but it's seeming more and more like he can't cut these lapses out of his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.