Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

I still love him but wth was that. Though he looked better besides that moment of madness.

zenith

I'd be much more confident with Lindelof in the defence.

kundalini

Very unlucky to concede the penalty. Amazed that VAR didn't over-rule the decision. Our defence was shambolic through-out the match; not sure Bailly made it any worse or any better.

dutchred

Let's be fair. The original mistake was from Maguire. He was outside the box and the ball came off his shoulder. VAR failed. Other than that he was good
Maguire was poor all afternoon

pascell

How anyone can blame him for the penalty? It was a terrible pass from matic and it touched the top of his shoulder.

He was good otherwise
I thought he was calm and composed today, he was very good vs Norwich too. It's Maguire who brings the pressure onto our defence as he's slow.

LJJT

Penalty was harsh on him but reminded me of his PSG second leg performance, just lost his head and was unsettled all game. Worrying to be honest

TsuWave

I still love him but wth was that. Though he looked better besides that moment of madness.
There was no moment of madness though. Terrible back pass from Matic, which he controlled with his shoulder. That was an awful VAR decision.

The fact people are trying to paint it as some Bailly calamity is ridiculous

izec

He has a knack of getting into trouble. I am not happy with him. He isnt the player he was in his first season

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Did well after the first few odd minutes.

was killed by Matic with an absolute hospital pass but I don’t even think it was even a penalty. Was miles outside the box where it touched him ffs

Varun

Staff
He's just brain dead. Not good enough even for 1st choice backup, let alone starter.

Lindelof is unspectacular and a 6/10 most matches. Consistent, just not top class.

I would take that every day of the week over Bailly is usually a 3/10 most matches, but does pull off some outstanding moments - but that’s not we need from a CB.

edcunited1878

He tried to dribble out of his own box surrounded by opposing players...the pass by Matic was crap as it bobbled just as he hit it to Bailly who was flat footed knowing the ball was going back to him, but he still makes everyone nervous as he's totally unpredictable.

He needs to calm down and be direct in his actions, no need to dwell on his thoughts or on the ball.

mu4c_20le

There was no moment of madness though. Terrible back pass from Matic, which he controlled with his shoulder. That was an awful VAR decision.

The fact people are trying to paint it as some Bailly calamity is ridiculous
Because when something bad happens to him, it looks especially stupid. I swear he's like a more lovable Phil Jones, when he was in his prime. Sadly I think he's only a few more knee sprains away from losing his athleticism, but I hope not. I really want him to make it with us, even if its just a squad option.

MagooDad

His determination and aggressiveness is admirable and makes him look like a world class defender from time to time.

However I feel the same attributes together with his decision making makes him look like he's always has a fatal mistake in him.

Lindelöf has an more consistent average, while Baily feels like Schrödingers defender - he has Messi in his pocket at the same time as he let's conference players bully him.

el3mel

Not really sure why he's blamed for the second goal. Not a pen in a million years.

Fussmeister

Did well after the first few odd minutes.

was killed by Matic with an absolute hospital pass but I don’t even think it was even a penalty. Was miles outside the box where it touched him ffs
Very harsh penalty. But that was also a rookie mistake by bailly, he should do so much better in that situation tbh.

Andersonson

what was he meant to do?

i think he did very well, considering the start he had, which was not his fault at all.
Be smarter than that? I'm not arguing it was terrible from Maguire and Matic beforehand. But you must expect better than that. There was enough space between Matic and Bailly for him not to make a handball there. Clumsy jump

Falcow

Pen shouldnt have been given but that said you are asking for trouble with outstretched hand like that, surely he could have headed it instead or let him beat him, corner not as bad as a pen.

-Supreme-

Don't think that was a penalty, it almost feels that VAR didn't want to overrule Mike Dean's decision.

SAFMUTD

Hes a trainwreck waiting to happen, plays with all the athleticism and confidence in the world but you just know he has that one mistake that will ultimately end up costing us.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Bailly's decision making needs a lot of work. The penalty should not have stood because he shouldered it. However, it's Mike Dean. You have to know you can't give Mike Dean the chance to dish out punishments. He loves it.

With Bailly you have a player who, physically, has all the gifts. He's quick, he's strong, he has good technique and isn't afraid to do a drag back to get away from an opposing attacker. If he can just find a sense of composure from somewhere...

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
He was terrible, really hope we sell him. Can't be trusted one bit.
Did you watch the match? He was unlucky with the pen, definitely hit the point of the shoulder, and was left marking two players when the guy had the goal disallowed. Maguire seemed to be in a practice match all game. If you don't rate the guy that's fine, but please don't make things up.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I'm surprised so many people are saying it wasn't a penalty. I thought it was quite obvious that it hit him in the upper arm rather than the shoulder. I'd be fuming if it went the other way when we were on the attack.

Obviously it was a terrible pass from Matic, but it was stupid from Bailly to try to control it like that.

pascell

no he wasn’t.

This is a fecking mental post.
He was a lot better and more composed than Maguire.

Lindelof is too lightweight for a CB, Bailly handled the Bournemouth attackers 1vs1 a lot better.

Personal opinion though, nothing mental about it, we're all entitled to them.

criticalanalysis

Brain fart aside he was decent. I mean the game was won but I'm guessing he came on to deal with the threat of the pace on their right side and he did exactly as asked.

We can afford to give him more games. There's no discernible quality drop between Lindelof and Bailly imo, when we take each of their attributes into account. The difference is that the former gets to play all games whilst delivering safe and comfortable defensive performances but not really pushing the boat as a defensive monster or master of zen controlling the back.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Be smarter than that? I'm not arguing it was terrible from Maguire and Matic beforehand. But you must expect better than that. There was enough space between Matic and Bailly for him not to make a handball there. Clumsy jump
Poor guy can't win with some posters on here, if he'd had let it go out for a corner you guys would have slated him for not making an attempt to control the ball.

Tarrou

thought he was good today and I'm not his biggest fan

that penalty has to be one of the softest pens of all time?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He tried to control it and was unlucky. Pass was extremely poor. He looked solid after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.