Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

Jeez, I can't wait to see him come back for 2 matches before injuring himself again, while trying to clear a simple ball. So excited.

peridigm

Good to hear, he's due back next month.
I said he was back at the training ground, not back in training.;)
No idea when he's back but CB's are the least of our worries. If last season is any indication of whether Ole rates him, chances are we won't see much of him.

I said he was back at the training ground, not back in training.;)
No idea when he's back but CB's are the least of our worries. If last season is any indication of whether Ole rates him, chances are we won't see much of him.
Needs to get fit so that we can sell him before triggering an extension.

An absolute liability of a player. I don’t want to see any player, for any club to be injured - but even if fit, I can’t see that he would have played any meaningful minutes this season.

A-man

His defending brain is the issue, positioning often got caught. However, he has attribute to compliment Maguire's weakness. I would like to see him playing next to Maguire.
He would be horrible with Maguire. Maguire needs someone to always cover for him as one of his strengths is to move forward and meet the ball, especially if it is on the air. Bailly always need someone to cover for him because he leaves his place randomly. Not a good pair imo.

He would be horrible with Maguire. Maguire needs someone to always cover for him as one of his strengths is to move forward and meet the ball, especially if it is on the air. Bailly always need someone to cover for him because he leaves his place randomly. Not a good pair imo.
Does Bailly have a suitable partner? None of his attributes make any partnership stronger.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Any idea when he's back?

Not even he's biggest fan but I've given up on Lindelof & would rather give this guy a chance to see if he deserves an extra year extension on his contract?

dove

The further away he is from playing for us the better.

Any idea when he's back?

Not even he's biggest fan but I've given up on Lindelof & would rather give this guy a chance to see if he deserves an extra year extension on his contract?
I’m not Lindelof’s biggest fan, but there is no way Bailey should be replacing him. He’s behind Maguire, Lindelof, Tuenzebe, Jones and even Rojo.

apparently he has a two year extension option as part of his contract. I’d rather let him go for free than extend him for two more years, utter waste of a squad number.

C'est Moi Cantona

I'd give him another chance, he was fantastic when he first came in, Lindelof is ok for now, but Bailly might be worth a try at some point, you can't just write him off.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I forgot that we have him. I really did. I was thinking about our backup defenders and i was thinking about Jones, Tuanzebe and Rojo.

Bebestation

I'd give him another chance, he was fantastic when he first came in, Lindelof is ok for now, but Bailly might be worth a try at some point, you can't just write him off.
Same - I think once he is fit he should be given chances in the cup to try and overtake Lindelof if he can & see if he is worth an extension.

He was horrible for ages but there is a better RB and a LCB playing around him so he should be given one more chance & see if he can take Lindelof's place or atleast compete with the guy.

You have any idea when he may be back in training & what injury he has?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He needs games to get back into form but we don't have the luxury of experimenting with our defence. If he can't cement his place in the Utd squad before the end of the season I would listen to offers for him.

Bebestation

Apparently back in training reported around 24th December - probably very light so should be another month or two.

Really hope we see players like him & Rojo get a chance of changing up our defensive line in the Carabao Cup even if its against City.

C'est Moi Cantona

Same - I think once he is fit he should be given chances in the cup to try and overtake Lindelof if he can & see if he is worth an extension.

He was horrible for ages but there is a better RB and a LCB playing around him so he should be given one more chance & see if he can take Lindelof's place or atleast compete with the guy.

You have any idea when he may be back in training & what injury he has?
A quick google search says 5 months off for knee surgery in late July (pre season), which would surely mean he's fairly close, but not heard a thing about him returning soon at all.

Gopher Brown

I'm really not trying to rewrite history here, but what I remember of him when he first joined was that he was massively enthusiastic - throwing himself at the ball, making last ditch clearances, but his positioning and composure being all over the place.

The problem is, 3-4 years later, most of us would say exactly the same thing.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I'm really not trying to rewrite history here, but what I remember of him when he first joined was that he was massively enthusiastic - throwing himself at the ball, making last ditch clearances, but his positioning and composure being all over the place.

The problem is, 3-4 years later, most of us would say exactly the same thing.
Let's see him play a few games first, then we can make s judgement.

Let's see him play a few games first, then we can make s judgement.
he’s had more than enough chances. We are not in a position to give him more game time. Any time he gets would be taken from Tuenzebe - he’s the player we need to be giving opportunities to, not Bailly.

Roughseas

I’ve seen enough of him to know that he has world-class potential. His pace, instinct, drive, and even his passing can be classified as elite-level. Giving up on him would be absurd, specially knowing the level of defenders he has been partnered with in the past. Can’t wait to see him with Maguires calming presence and huge footballing brain besides him.

I’ve seen enough of him to know that he has world-class potential. His pace, instinct, drive, and even his passing can be classified as elite-level. Giving up on him would be absurd, specially knowing the level of defenders he has been partnered with in the past. Can’t wait to see him with Maguires calming presence and huge footballing brain besides him.
step away from the apple snaps. there is nothing about Bailly that is ‘elite’ level. He was very enthusiastic in the first few months, and could put in a crunching tackle. However, his positioning, heading, impulsiveness and carelessness are all far too poor for him to be a CB at Utd. Never noticed his passing was anything special at all. He’s 6th choice CB for me, 7th if you include Smalling.

Acole9

Outstanding
I keep forgetting he still even plays for us, he's finished here.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Man, remember his first few months? Hope he finds form again.

Andersons Dietician

Forgot he even existed until I saw him mentioned in another thread. Is he still injured or has Ole just given up on him?

SAFMUTD

I think we've reached the point where we can safely say that he wont turn out good, too rash, injury prone and while he’s got all the physical attributes to be a worldclass defender he hasn’t improved since he got here and this is his 4th season. We should get rid.

A-man

Its like an R&D department in a company. The most successful companies are those who quit poor projects in time to focus resources on other projects. This is how I feel about Bailly. Of course he can turn good, but from what I have seen it would take huge resources in terms of minutes on the pitch, and I would prefer to give those minutes to develop other projects like Tuanzebe.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Bit of a pointless player. Probably off in the summer, at least Jones and Rojo are sometimes available.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Don’t think I can ever rate him after those 30 minutes vs PSG.
Those 30 mins still make no sense to me, I’ve never seen a defender at any level so confused when asked to play in a three, was as bad a 30 mins as I’ve seen from anyone bar Darmian v Sanchez at the Emirates.
It’s stranger still when you’ve seen the lad have some very good games against some very good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.